murderous intent worth it?

Just wondering, i currently love sub and assassination (combat feels like subpar warrior to me personally, ill still end up playing it in cata if its the best dps spec i guess)

but in assassination i got to murderous intent and im just not sure.

is it worth it?

essentially it makes backstab cost 30 energy (25 if you crit and have the glyph, not sure if thats worth it either).

but its only useable on enemies 35% hp or lower (burn phase obviously)

but is it better then doing your normal rotation? i dont ever use backstab currently as there is just no point, is this really a dps increase?

I imagine in a raiding environment it's quite worth it. Any thoughts on using it while leveling/doing 5-mans and heroics as we gear up in Cata? Seems like it'd be more trouble than it's worth as mobs die much faster...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amikus View Post
    I imagine in a raiding environment it's quite worth it. Any thoughts on using it while leveling/doing 5-mans and heroics as we gear up in Cata? Seems like it'd be more trouble than it's worth as mobs die much faster...
    Considering how much health even 5-man bosses will have, I'd probably use the talent while leveling, if I was leveling as Mutilate, that is.
    Solo against mobs, though...not really worth it.
    Definition of irony:

Great for raiding. It might come in handy in arenas to get that person down that just won't go down. As for leveling, depends how much health the mobs are going to have.

Deleted
    Its absolutely worth it...in a raiding environment, or 5man hcs of cata, where mob HP is high enough to justify caring about an "execute" phase.

For doing thing solo, it's not worth it, simply you have to be able to spam BS to make it worthwhile, and you wont be able to do this, simply the mob will die before you get any serious advantage out of it.

Currently I have two speccs...my raiding specc, with MI, and a solo specc in which I skipped it and 1/2 deadly brew for 3/3 deadened nerves. A passive 10% dmg reduction is AWESOME during solo leveling.

grab it for all you are worth son
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Its absolutely worth it...in a raiding environment, or 5man hcs of cata, where mob HP is high enough to justify caring about an "execute" phase.

For doing thing solo, it's not worth it, simply you have to be able to spam BS to make it worthwhile, and you wont be able to do this, simply the mob will die before you get any serious advantage out of it.

Currently I have two speccs...my raiding specc, with MI, and a solo specc in which I skipped it and 1/2 deadly brew for 3/3 deadened nerves. A passive 10% dmg reduction is AWESOME during solo leveling.
    as far as leveling is concerned deadened nerves seems kinda pointless when you can take deadly momentum and keep recup up just by killing enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    as far as leveling is concerned deadened nerves seems kinda pointless when you can take deadly momentum and keep recup up just by killing enemies.
    Thought we were talking about Murderous Intent, but why not take both now that youve mentioned it.

As others have said: for raiding, it's outstanding. Your average backstab hits for about as much as a fairly-good Eviscerate. And at the rate at which you're getting double points with Seal Fate and energy payback, you're basically cranking out five finishers followed by another finisher.

For PvP...if you can make it work, I'm sure it's good, but I've never once been able to.

Deleted
    If I remember rightly, during the execute phase, Backstab produces considerably more Combo Points per energy than Mutilate can hope to. As such, for raiding, it is an excellent talent to pick up.

For PvP, it will be less viable, simply due to a slightly irritating positional requirement.

The rest of the posters here have pretty much said everything else that needs to be said. If raiding is your game, pick it up. If PvP is what you want to do, I would probably skip it.

Methias