Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What should I roll ?

Hi!
    I am playing in world of Warcraft for two years. Just whole Wrath of the Lich King Expansion.
    I am playing as Mage.
    And I want to ask you.
    What alt should I roll for Cataclysm ?
    I mainly thought about making Rogue, but a while ago i thought hmm.. maybe Warrior would be good too ?
    Before Rogue i thought about Hunter but I lost this idea.
    I don't want caster as I have it already.

So please help me, what alt should I roll ???

Edit: I know that Hunter aren't casters. I should click enter before next sentence. As I did now.
    Edit2: For the HORDE!!! (That means that I won't play Dwarfs because they are in the Alliance)
    Last edited by Kabat; 2010-11-14 at 08:11 PM.

Hunters aren't casters. They're ranged physical, from what I understand.

So, assuming you don't want range and want to play as melee, I'd suggest Paladin or Warrior. Paladins have fantastic survivability and warriors can dish out massive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithivius View Post
    Paladins have fantastic survivability and warriors can dish out massive damage.
    Paladins also have insane damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are pretty op right now, and blizzard never nerfs us

I would say either go for a paladin or a druid.. they make amazing alts since you can swap roles if you feel like trying to heal/tank/dps plus tauren droods make excelent herbslaves especially come cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman. Dwarf.

Every class is diverse and has its own way of playing the game. My advice is try them all out. At least at the lower levels (although it doesn't tell the whole story) you can get a small glimpse into how that class is played. I cannot recommend one or two classes alone. They're all fun in their own way.

Deleted
    You should roll whatever class you find enjoyable to play. Anytime a person tells you to roll a certain class, it will be heavily influenced by his own feelings towards the class, and will therefore most likely be different that how you're gonna feel when playing it.

I would advice you to try different classes, and see which one you like the most.
    If you still can't decide. Write down the classes, which you think you want to play, and make a /roll 1-x and roll the class assigned to the number the roll gives you

Deleted
    If I were you, I'd break it down into a few pieces. I myself would do it like this: Damage type (physical / spell / tanking / healing), Armor type ( cloth / leather / mail / plate), weapon type (1h/2h / ranged), and last, would I like to play more than one roll?

for instance say you want to use the cool leather armors, but you don't want to play a melee dps or a caster or a healer but ranged physical, then hunter is the thing for you. Sure, you wouldn't get the bonus for being dressed in all mail, but you would get to play the way you find the most enjoyable, and isn't that really why you play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Go try the bloody classes yourself and decide. Nothing we tell you is going to make any difference. Half the forum is going to recite their favourite class, and you're probably going to try the class the majority of us recommend and decide you don't like it anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Kabat View Post
    Hi!
    I am playing in world of Warcraft for two years. Just whole Wrath of the Lich King Expansion.
    I am playing as Mage.
    And I want to ask you.
    What alt should I roll for Cataclysm ?
    I mainly thought about making Rogue, but a while ago i thought hmm.. maybe Warrior would be good too ?
    Before Rogue i thought about Hunter but I lost this idea. I don't want caster as I have it already.

So please help me, what alt should I roll ???
    You didn't provide much information, but... You say you don't want a caster, you don't specify if you do pve or pvp or both but --

Rogue - I find it (opinion) boring in pve, but the funnest class in pvp.
    Warrior - Fairly fun in PVE and pretty fun in PvP
    Ret paladin - see above.
    Enhancement shaman - Takes a specific type of person to enjoy it, but from what I've heard it's lacking atm.
    Deathknight - A fairly well designed fun class but, not for everyone.

In the end you're asking for opinions, and that's all you're going to get... No one can tell you what class is best for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin View Post
    Paladins also have insane damage.
    They do? sorry, as far as im' aware they hit like rubber mallets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    They do? sorry, as far as im' aware they hit like rubber mallets now.
    Retadins aren't having much fun, but my Tankadin easily rolls through everything without breaking a sweat. (Crusader Strike + Word of Glory = Healer? I don't need no stinkin' Healer!)

I was a warrior before rogue, rerolled few weeks after and never looked back

10+ Year Old Account
    No one can tell you what class you'd like. I, for one, loath my Rogue, but you may enjoy it. Pick a class you think you might enjoy, and play it. If you decide "Wow, this sucks", then reroll again. That's like asking someone what flavour of gum you should get. Different people have different tastes.

Figure some things out for yourself. No one is going to come to your house and break your kneecaps if you decide you don't like your new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Paladins were nerfed at the moment.

Deleted
    Why is everything about what's nerfed and what's not. It's perfectly possible to enjoy a non-FOTM class. Who even says that the FOTM class is still overpowered when the OP hits lvl cap? It's all about playing, what YOU enjoy, and not what everybody else enjoys

15+ Year Old Account
    Last time i checked, we cannot tell you which class to play. Its kinda personalized. In fact, this may even be against the rules 0_o

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play the least played class in WoW, all least played classes get buffed.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

you should roll dice...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3