Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sadly the only use I can think of is a means of comparing progress among players. Which I guess could be considered epeen....

It's like collecting just about anything. You get it because you want to, or because you like looking at it, and it serves no real purpose aside from your own gratification.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Why did Blizzard implement Achievement points? Achievements are cool, but why the points? What purpose do they serve? /
    You might even argue that playing WoW doesn't serve any purpose... but hey, that was maybe to big a picture

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what. It's like a human condition?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

How about: Another thing you can do in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Well first its for your epeen .. (its nice to show off with but most like me well 6400 is not much xD if you have over 10k then you can show off i guess)

The other reason could be that you give players rewards for doing stuff (not only gold).

I'm looking for someone who can try to rationalize the reason behind people who horde these points like they're necessary to exist, and maybe prove me wrong when I said it's just an ego thing.
    It's fun. That's why people raid, quest, or pvp. They don't play WoW because they have to, they play it cause it's fun. Collecting things is fun for some people. Some have tons of mounts, others have tons of achievement points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vardjavi View Post
    You might even argue that playing WoW doesn't serve any purpose... but hey, that was maybe to big a picture
    Yeah, that's looking at things a bit broad.
    [/url]

Deleted
    is there an addon to put a curtain over the achivement points completely? i would use it.

Deleted
    For other achievment: It's Over Nine Thousand! Durr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofraz View Post
    It's fun. That's why people raid, quest, or pvp. They don't play WoW because they have to, they play it cause it's fun. Collecting things is fun for some people. Some have tons of mounts, others have tons of achievement points.
    I've never seen it as fun though, speaking specifically about the hardcore collectors and achievement whores. They don't sound like they're having fun, they sound like they're going to have a heart attack if this or that doesn't drop. They make it sound so stressful...that's why I was curious as to why they do it.
    [/url]

Why did Blizzard implement Achievement points? Achievements are cool, but why the points? What purpose do they serve?

Seems like it's just another number to add to your epeen : /
    To count them, to differentiate between them a bit, i.e. getting 5 point achiev is no the same as getting a 30 point.

And after all that said and done - add it on epeen.

Achievements are just there to have something to do while leveling or when your at max level. Some people get joys out of it just like pvp or pve.

So, what. It's like a human condition?
    My rats use to steal things from me and hide it all in their cages. My dog will pull each toy out of his toy box and then select which one to play with. I hear some birds like to actually collect things like coins, rocks, pieces of glass... not sure if that's an old wives' tale or not, though.

Its simply a way for blizzard to add content..without adding content by making people aim for achievements.

It's like gearscore for casuals - you may outgear me, but I've spent more time doing silly menial tasks than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    It's like gearscore for casuals - you may outgear me, but I've spent more time doing silly menial tasks than you.
    I find that typically the more hardcore someone is, the more points they have. They're hardcore overall. I know of someone who raids in a top 20 guild, has the Insane achievement, something like 11k points at the time I looked... and she isn't the only one, by far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does xbox have achievment points. Most are a way to make people spend more time playing the game/s without putting a new one out.
    And usually more achievment points=more time in game.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

Because its fun? This is a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    Whoever has the most points is the best (Except on their driver's license). Life revolves around this.
    Wrong, have a friend that have 10k achievements points and she suck both at PvE and PvP, so your logic is wrong, top DPS in my guild have like 7k Achievement points but only because he can't go around them, lots of people don't care about achievements.