Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something to do other than sitting in dal after raiding :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always /shrug at achievements points too

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    sports cars? why do you bother? when you can buy a Prius?
    pretty much sums it up,

and going by the logic the OP is going for, whats the points of living? we are just going to die.

Achievement points are useless, the most fun stuff are feat of strength anyhow...

The points associated with the achievements are just to rank the weight of the achievements.
    A 10p achievement isn't as much of an achievement as a 50p achievement.
    They could have gone with "Bronze" "Silver" and "Gold" achievements and it would have the same purpose.

Those people obsessed with achievements that just feel the need to have to have all of them are just like pokemon gamers or any other kind of collectors.
    Gotta catch'em all!

You may call it ePeen, you may call it nerdism, it's subjective. To me they are like everything in WoW, just a time sink to keep me occupied.

Deleted
    I would not call it epeen; but me and some guildies use it to "compete" against each other now that the guild tab shows how much Achievement Points everyone has. I find it adds an additional competitive part to the game.

its just a representation of how much progress a character has seen. it may be a weak system because someone can have minimal points on an alt, yet the player be very experienced and have 10,000 points on his main...

overall its for epeen and to compare a players accomplishments against others without having to look at every achievement for comparison. the quick number is just a reference, albeit usually an inaccurate one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Why does everything need to serve a purpose?
    Exactly. They don't have to serve a purpose...

Deleted
    You have earned the achievement: [Recreation]!
    (Yes, this applies to points as well. Your Recreation achievement has more points the more points the achievement you're doing has. Usually.)
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2010-11-15 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    Whoever has the most points is the best (Except on their driver's license). Life revolves around this.
    I loled with that, really

Now to answer palpableimmunity. Achievements exist so they can say what you have acomplished in the game. How much you've "been around". The reason for the points is that, some achievements, are more important/hard/complicated to earn. Its a way to caterorize them. You have achievements worth of 10,15 (if im not mistaken),20,25 and 50 points. Thats the reason of the points in my opinion.
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    I'm looking for someone who can try to rationalize the reason behind people who horde these points like they're necessary to exist, and maybe prove me wrong when I said it's just an ego thing.
    there is no way to try and rationalize with those people other than that they enjoy the game and try to explore as many things as possible.
    I played WoW for 5 years and achievements made me do stuff that I wouldnt bother doing before, and I had fun while doing so. So that's why they implemented it I think. To give players a reason to back and do older stuffs.

Video Game.