Deleted

Question regarding buying expansion and old world changes

I'm pretty sure that I don't have to buy the expansion to experience the new zones and new levelling - therefore I'm thinking that should I wait off from buying the expansion pack whilst I level alts in the new world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure they said old world changes come in patch 4.0.3a

New 80-85 stuff requires expansion.
    New 1-60 stuff doesn't require the expansion.
    Not sure what the question was though...it seemed more like a statement to me.

Everyone gets access to the old world changes, which is primarily the new leveling experience. These will go live with the Shattering, patch 4.0.3a, sometime before launch. You can put your Cataclysm purchase off until you're ready to leave Northrend (around 78-80), if you so desire.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Deleted
    Fantastic, cheers!

You will not be able to access Worgen nor Goblins, however, without buying the expansion, despite their content being 1-10.

You could always buy a race change later, but their starting zone, much like the Draeneis, Blood Elf, and DKs, are nice experiences.