Applying non-critical updates.

I didnt really know where to post this, so I went for this part of the forum.

Anyway, ever since I downloaded 4.0.1 I have been getting the "Applying non-critical updates. This will take some time." message from the Blizzard downloader. And that has been a long time now. Sometimes I get "Failed to download information from the next patch" or something like that aswell. So basically, this new downloader is not good, because I had no issues before.

Does anyone know how I can get the downloader to actually APPLY the updates, instead of if saying it is applying it but at the same time /afk-ing?

Thanks in advance,

Endeavor

From what I found on the tech support forums a few weeks ago, this is just a bug and it isn't actually attempting to apply anything, since, it should have already applied them.

Edit: going to see if I can find this thread again.
    Last edited by Rystastic; 2010-11-14 at 11:01 PM.

Oh, but doesnt it then actually prevent the downloader to download the information of the next patch, because it's currently already busy with something else?

Deleted
    Can you play the game properly? If yes, there is no problem.

My launcher is telling me too, that it's applying non-critical updates, but it doesn't do anything. I still can play

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Oh, but doesnt it then actually prevent the downloader to download the information of the next patch, because it's currently already busy with something else?
    Only if there -currently- are patch data you can't download. Otherwise, the next time there are data available, the launcher should work more smoothly. Basically just a cosmetic status bug, rather than an actual functional bug. Like sucking on a straw into an empty cup.

Yeah, I can still play. I was just worried about the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Yeah, I can still play. I was just worried about the next patch.
    Shouldn't cause a problem

15+ Year Old Account
    I assumed it was because it was downloading Cataclysm Data (if you ordered from Pre-Sale). Since the Cataclysm Data isn't critical to play the game at all

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I assumed it was because it was downloading Cataclysm Data (if you ordered from Pre-Sale). Since the Cataclysm Data isn't critical to play the game at all
    Nah, its more that it seems like 4.0.1 isnt gonna get finished anytime soon. I hope its a cosmetic bug and nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I changed in my WTF folder and it started doing that I had it on the whole day then it was gone ;P