Deleted

Exclamation Single scariest movie moment

So basically last night I watched Paranormal Activity, but although a masterclass in building tension, there was actually only 1 moderately scary moment in it. Without giving away too much of the storyline, what would you say is the most scary moment that you have watched? I'll throw in my ideas once you guys start

15+ Year Old Account
    In Alien (the first one), where everyone else is Dead and Ripley has to set the ship to self destruct and escape. That always, and still does, creep me out.

I haven't watched a good Horror Movie in years, I am kinda blank when it comes to remembering one from back then. (Resent "Horror" Movies have just been movies that try to Multilate as many people as they can before the Credits Roll). But I hope someone can refresh my memory. Bump for Horror Nostalgia.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2010-11-15 at 03:11 AM.

Deleted
    I would say when the ghost of Sadako in Ringu comes out of the television and gets to her feat, thats just creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESJOX_dZN4#t=5m24s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    I would say when the ghost of Sadako in Ringu comes out of the television and gets to her feat, thats just creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESJOX_dZN4#t=5m24s
    I would walk over to her and hit on her. I love me some super unnatural girls that can come out of televisions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    In Alien (the first one), where everyone else is Dead and Ripley has to set the ship to self destruct and escape. That always, and still does, creep me out.
    Yeah even though I knew that was going to happen, I still leapt out my skin, but in terms of leaving me with nightmares, I think I like xenomorphs too much lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowetas View Post
    Yeah even though I knew that was going to happen, I still leapt out my skin, but in terms of leaving me with nightmares, I think I like xenomorphs too much lol
    When I was first shown the film I was 8 or 9. My Uncle put it on because it was one of his favorites. I hadn't seen Aliens yet, so I wasn't used to seeing them in action. At that point in the movie you had only seen a few quick shots and there were more people. In the end when she's alone and being stalked.. wow that gave me nightmares for sure.

Deleted
    I don't know if I could really pick a particular moment but I would have to give 'Scariest Movie Moment' to all three of the Western adaptations of The Grudge movies.

"Why?" you ponder, with a puzzled look on your face.

Its scary that those movies were funded and its scary that those movies were actually unleashed on the general public.

In all seriousness however, my single scariest movie moment would probably belong to Pennywise the Clown in IT where he is talking to that little boy through the sewer grating and then yanks him down to his watery demise. As a young child, this was particularly traumatising but its alright, I've become a much better person because of it... I think. :S

I'm not a huuuuge fan of the shock-scares so many horror movies use. I find it's the subtle touches that hit me hardest. Like in Paranormal Activity, half of the dread was just waiting for night time to come, to see what was going to happen. They did an excellent job with that.

One moment that always stuck with me from a movie, is from the original Exorcist, when the image of the statue appears in the girl's room at the start of the movie, I believe. It slowly fades in from the shadows, and blaaaaaah, gets to me every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    When I was first shown the film I was 8 or 9. My Uncle put it on because it was one of his favorites. I hadn't seen Aliens yet, so I wasn't used to seeing them in action. At that point in the movie you had only seen a few quick shots and there were more people. In the end when she's alone and being stalked.. wow that gave me nightmares for sure.
    I agree, Just like the first Predator movie, for most of it you don't really know what this thing is. The later Alien and Predator movies, although they are decent franchise extensions and often exciting, they basically say "hey, look at this, you've seen it before so we wont waste your time by showing you glimpses, we're going to let you watch it pounce on people and tear them apart."
    The latest Predators movie had more suspence at the beginning i think.

One of the scariest moments that is agreed by non-horror fans is the scene in [I]Signs[I], when the alien walks across the grass at the birthday party. Similar kind of 'what the hell is attacking us' kind of feel before that i think, which adds to the tension, and not just the 'Running around screaming with a camcorder' type of 'what the hell is attacking us either'.