Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    25 Mages with 4PC T10 and they all pop images.
    This...I think.

Fun .... until you all get 1shotted by the breath (if you forgot to use mage ward).

You vastly over estimate blood death knights self healing now days, though yes, they do self heal more than druid tanks.
    But blood self heals less now then they did before the patch.

Bloody.. That would seriously be Epic.

Although, I would go with 1 tank 1 healer and 23 Mages.
    Would make more sense. Poor tank, I wonder how much time it will take?

30 secs? 20secs?

24 mages and a shaman (or an hunter) for heroism.
    Sarth has 9.5 mil hp (he gets buffed with the drakes alive)
    1 mage with heroism should be able to do at least 25k dps
    24 mages doing 25k dps = 600k raid dps
    the shaman or hunter's pet keep the boss facing away from the mages
    fight done in 16 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    a) i really doubt the fight would take longer than 30sec, and even if so ...
    b) there is a little nifty spell called: "invisibilty" ... oooh wait, it reduces your threat to ZERO -> MI -> 30(27)sec burst -> instant(3 sec) invisibilty -> 30k dps mage equals zero point zero threat if done properly ...

edit: a) is far more true nowadays, while arcane is like the easiest specc in the entire world !for very short fights! -> pop MI + all your CD's, spam AB until it's over ... even the worst random player can pull that off properly
    You havent seen some bad pug arcane mages before? Ive seen them cast frostbolt as arcane...

Invis is nice, but if not used fast enough doesnt always work in time, and if the boss gets turned toward the raid while breath happens it might kill some mages in the process (maybe not with our new health pools). Sure a tank can taunt, but theres a high possibility that after he taunts another mages images wear off right after he taunted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicieus View Post
    You havent seen some bad pug arcane mages before? Ive seen them cast frostbolt as arcane...

Invis is nice, but if not used fast enough doesnt always work in time, and if the boss gets turned toward the raid while breath happens it might kill some mages in the process (maybe not with our new health pools). Sure a tank can taunt, but theres a high possibility that after he taunts another mages images wear off right after he taunted.
    well if they are really that bad, one could simply tell them what to do: press one single button for 15seconds ... i think every 6 year old child would be able to do so
    (and yes we are talking about a fight duration between 15-20sec) -> so as mentioned MI wouldn't expire anyway (regarding the threat/pullling aggro, breath deaths theory)

and why should invis not work in time? one can exactly see when his/her MI will expire and one should know how long his/her invis will take (regarding their specc)-> that's the point of it, you use invis before MI expire... i know this might be a little difficult for a "bad pug mage" but as mentioned before: one simple instruction (pop everything, press one button) will prevent even seeing this point in fight (when MI would expire) ...

and again to all those "tank will have trouble holding aggro" screamers ... mirror images say hello
    Last edited by Carline; 2010-11-16 at 11:52 AM.