Poll: Having trouble with Demonic Rebirth?

10+ Year Old Account

Demonic Rebirth Glitched?

Not entirely sure if this is a glitch or not, but I was just playing on my lock and my felguard aggroed a few extra mobs and died. Now, from demonic rebirth's effect I should have been able to resummon him instantly. So I hit my keybind for summon felguard, and i begin doing the 6 second cast for the summon. I assumed it was a one time glitch and then the same thing happened again. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, It wasn't on cooldown, because it hasn't procced for me before.
    Last edited by kortin; 2010-11-15 at 05:54 PM.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Just be sure you haven't waited too long to summon your pet, the buff only lasts 10 seconds.

Other than that... not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made sure to hit it as soon as my pet died. I've had some of my friends try on their warlock and they got the same result.

Just went and tested it myself, still seems to work fine for me.

The keybind you use for summoning him... is that a keybind to just "Summon FG" or a macro? (if it is a macro post the contents here)

If you're using a macro with a [nopet] conditional, those don't really work when your pet is dead because your pet's corpse is still in the world and counting as being a pet even though it's dead. It'll wait for your pet's corpse to despawn before it'll register the nopet conditional, which coincidentally takes exactly as long as the duration on Demonic Rebirth.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

on beta its working

you should turn this into a poll

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use the keybind ctrl+f to summon my felguard. As soon as I log in, I'll try it out with my other pets and see if its just my Felguard that is giving me trouble. I think i'll even try to do a click summon.

My Demonic Rebirth works just fine both in beta and on live.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had that problem before, and I'm constantly PvPing so my FG dies A LOT. It works every 2m for me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I've been having that problem when farming certain mounts within heroics. No macros to interfere, no previous deaths either, and in some cases, it just doesn't work for me. I've never actually checked if I get the buff or not, but I'd imagine so because there are times when it does work (PvP, for instance) just fine.

Actually ended up being so fed up by the issues that I had to make a Soulburn macro just for the Felguard, despite the fact that I shouldn't have to due to Demonic Rebirth. It's a tad frustrating, you could say. :P

You are keeping in mind that the ability has a two minute cooldown, right?

I set up a Power Aura to show me a huge purple goldfish on the screen while I have the buff, so I know not only when my Felguard accidentally dies (so I can remember to resummon him!) but also when I have the buff itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    You are keeping in mind that the ability has a two minute cooldown, right?

I set up a Power Aura to show me a huge purple goldfish on the screen while I have the buff, so I know not only when my Felguard accidentally dies (so I can remember to resummon him!) but also when I have the buff itself.
    Hence "no previous deaths either".

I don't have a habit of sleeping when I pull stuff in instances I'm trying to solo. :P