Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Threads incoming :

Who is more powerfull with Shamanisme the Alliance or the Horde ?
    Obv everyone chooses Horde

Who is more powerfull with the holy light the Alliance or the Horde ?
    Obv everyone chooses Alliance

Who is more powerfull with dark magic the Alliance or the Horde ?
    Obv Everyone chooses the Horde

Who is more powerfull with druidism the Alliance or the Horde ?
    Obv everyone woud choos Alliance

Who is more powerfull with fire magic the alliance or the Horde ?
    Obv everyone chooses horde

and on and on . . . . each side has its best . . .

Deleted
    Horde Orcs. Population: Atleast 18,000. In Cataclysm, the Orcs will become mages, which makes sense as alot of Warlocks are former Mages, and alot of ARE Warlocks, which means it could go vise versa. Mage to Warlock. And mabye Warlock to Mage now. But that is only something to think about. But then again, some Orcs have been seen to be mage like. So I guess that is why they are mages. If Orcs are good warlocks, then mabye they can be good mages just like the humans.

The orc's warlocks descended from Shaman

The RPG population numbers can't be taken seriously anymore, not with the release of The Shattering novel that stats that 50,000 Alliance troops died in Northrend. Factor in another 100,000 odd wounded and suddenly 3/5ths of the Alliance population is dead or wounded. The Alliance couldn't survive after losses like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The origional Highbourn were split into 3 factions at the Sundering. The Nagas and Queen Azshara (large portion), the Shren'dralar in Dire Maul (minor portion) and the Highbourn that went to Quel'thalas and made the Sunwell, later known as the Sin'dorei (large portion).
    Now for all intents and purposes these 3 "factions" were once the same, and as so we could conclude that their magical knowledge was/is the same, although logic dictates that they would have discovered new magic through the many years, like the Shren'dralar making us able to Reforge gear.
    High Elves, Blood Elves, Shren'dralar or Naga, they are all part of the Highbourn origin.

Now, its been brought up previously, but, Im highly suspecting this to be a troll OP, and I refuse to let the trolls win, so Ill try and contribute.

Horde:
    - Blood Elves: A society where everything is about magic. Their culture, their history, their previous or current addiction, their city and their land. Everything is somehow connected and devoted to magic. Their numbers might not be as overwhelming as the humans, but they still have more mages in total. They also have ancient scrolls etc about magic from the time of the Highbourn, and they've been training for thousands of years. I believe this is the most powerful of the races regarding the arcane within the Alliance and the Horde.
    - Forsaken: Undead humans from all of Lordearon and Undead High Elves. Their knowledge is as great as any, and due to their new more sinistre and malefic nature they are prepared to experiment to lengths few others would. They also do not need to sleep and as such they can train and study night and day, which one could imagine they'd do since they are so focused on having a reason to exist.
    Trolls: Small in numbers and magical knowledge unknown, Id consider them medicore overall.
    - Orcs: New to the arcane arts - that doesn't follow the path of Fel and Dark magic - mage numbers assumed few.
    - Goblins: Their inginuety and their nose for experimenting might serve them when it comes to being a mage. Numbers assumed few though.

Alliance:
    - Humans: A very populated race, and as such it would contain many mages compared to other races, except the Blood Elves. Quite gifted race, has an easy time adapting to anything. The humans have had some great examples of mages over the years. (Rhonin, Jaina, Khadgar, Medivh, Aegwynn, Atonidas etc).
    -Dwaves: The return of the Dark Iron gave them a good advantage on the arcane front, although the depth of their magical knowledge is an unknown area.
    - Worgen: Same as the humans, cept smaller numbers.
    - Gnomes: Same as the Goblins cept very small numbers.
    - Draenei: For the sake of not sounding like a Horde fanboy Ill agree to that they have great magical knowledge, given they are such an old race. Although in reality I dont think we have many if any sources on how good they are with it.
    Numbers few.

Overall the Alliance has more actual mages, while the Horde has more powerful mages.

Both have poor mages and very strong mages though, so my opinion would be that it adds up pretty nicely to a draw.
    Last edited by Verazh; 2010-11-16 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Horde Orcs. Population: Atleast 18,000. In Cataclysm, the Orcs will become mages, which makes sense as alot of Warlocks are former Mages, and alot of ARE Warlocks, which means it could go vise versa. Mage to Warlock. And mabye Warlock to Mage now. But that is only something to think about. But then again, some Orcs have been seen to be mage like. So I guess that is why they are mages. If Orcs are good warlocks, then mabye they can be good mages just like the humans.

The orc's warlocks descended from Shaman
    Was refering to the other warlocks who were first mages thank you. >.<

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    The origional Highbourn were split into 3 factions at the Sundering. The Nagas and Queen Azshara (large portion), the Shren'dralar in Dire Maul (minor portion) and the Highbourn that went to Quel'thalas and made the Sunwell, later known as the Sin'dorei (large portion).
    Now for all intents and purposes these 3 "factions" were once the same, and as so we could conclude that their magical knowledge was/is the same, although logic dictates that they would have discovered new magic through the many years, like the Shren'dralar making us able to Reforge gear.
    High Elves, Blood Elves, Shren'dralar or Naga, they are all part of the Highbourn origin.

Now, its been brought up previously, but, Im highly suspecting this to be a troll OP, and I refuse to let the trolls win, so Ill try and contribute.

Horde:
    - Blood Elves: A society where everything is about magic. Their culture, their history, their previous or current addiction, their city and their land. Everything is somehow connected and devoted to magic. Their numbers might not be as overwhelming as the humans, but they still have more mages in total. They also have ancient scrolls etc about magic from the time of the Highbourn, and they've been training for thousands of years. I believe this is the most powerful of the races regarding the arcane within the Alliance and the Horde.
    - Forsaken: Undead humans from all of Lordearon and Undead High Elves. Their knowledge is as great as any, and due to their new more sinistre and malefic nature they are prepared to experiment to lengths few others would. They also do not need to sleep and as such they can train and study night and day, which one could imagine they'd do since they are so focused on having a reason to exist.
    Trolls: Small in numbers and magical knowledge unknown, Id consider them medicore overall.
    - Orcs: New to the arcane arts - that doesn't follow the path of Fel and Dark magic - mage numbers assumed few.
    - Goblins: Their inginuety and their nose for experimenting might serve them when it comes to being a mage. Numbers assumed few though.

Alliance:
    - Humans: A very populated race, and as such it would contain many mages compared to other races, except the Blood Elves. Quite gifted race, has an easy time adapting to anything. The humans have had some great examples of mages over the years. (Rhonin, Jaina, Khadgar, Medivh, Aegwynn, Atonidas etc).
    -Dwaves: The return of the Dark Iron gave them a good advantage on the arcane front, although the depth of their magical knowledge is an unknown area.
    - Worgen: Same as the humans, cept smaller numbers.
    - Gnomes: Same as the Goblins cept very small numbers.
    - Draenei: For the sake of not sounding like a Horde fanboy Ill agree to that they have great magical knowledge, given they are such an old race. Although in reality I dont think we have many if any sources on how good they are with it.
    Numbers few.

Overall the Alliance has more actual mages, while the Horde has more powerful mages.

Both have poor mages and very strong mages though, so my opinion would be that it adds up pretty nicely to a draw.
    No, they both have equaly powerful mages, but the Alliance have much more. The Alliance wins.

Deleted
    Since arcane elementals are a conglomorate of the 4 main elements. Who'd win a fight between a mage and a shaman, since they throw the same stuff at each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 06:32 PM ----------

No, they both have equaly powerful mages, but the Alliance have much more. The Alliance wins.
    See, I knew you were trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    You were talking about orcs, who were shaman before abandoning the elements and turning to warlocks. That is what he is trying to point out to you, its fairly obvious. The part you bolded is slightly difficult to understand due to incorrect grammar. If you meant something else please explain.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance !! , Horde only got Mages cause of Undead = Humans and Blood Elf = High Elfs (Apart of the Alliance)

Population numbers from the RPG are garbage, the draenei had to cut off magic development to avoid being found by the legion, and the trolls have a strong arcane history due to mixing it with voodoo and whatnot.

That's just from skimming.

I'll agree Alliance are more numerous but the horde is capable of countering them.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    See, I knew you were trolling.
    See, I knew you suck at lore.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Population numbers from the RPG are garbage, the draenei had to cut off magic development to avoid being found by the legion, and the trolls have a strong arcane history due to mixing it with voodoo and whatnot.

That's just from skimming.

I'll agree Alliance are more numerous but the horde is capable of countering them.
    And the Alliance don't? The Alliance can counter the Horde's arcane magic just as easily. The Draenei NEVER gave up the Arcane. The Arcane is still something their society relies on. The trolls of the Horde in lore only took on arcane magic for the better of their tribe. Humans, High Elves, Draenei and the Highborne are the master races of the Arcane in the Alliance. The Forsaken and the Blood Elves are for the Hordes, and those two races populations are lower then the Alliance population. Lore wise Elves have better control then the humans, but humans have more powerful spells. Both are diffferent. But in the end the Alliance wins with the arcane. Deal with it. If you people can't read my full post on the beginning of this post then you really are lazy. I am using lore facts, you people are refusing to belive it. Always trying to make up that the Horde are better with the Arcane, when they are not. "OH! BELVES ARE BETTAR CUZ THEIR CITY IS FULL OF MAGICCCC!! LAWL LAWL" Like really? That is one thing that always ticks me off, people thinking they're better due to their magical looking city. Like seriously. Accept the facts of lore, and stop making stuff up.

Deleted
    Aren't there enchants or something in vanilla where the "lower" tier is what high elves or blood elves tole from trolls and you get the better kind from them?

Maybe it's just so that alliance is better at arcane magic and horde at all the other kinds (frost, fire, etc.)*shrugs*.

Edit:
    Does that mean dwarves are better than gnomes at engineering (obviously not comparing gnomes and goblins?)
    And wouldn't blood elves have additinional knowledge (among them stolen from draenei ships). Whatever advantage (if they had any) they had when they fought the blood elves for the first time, diminished when they took over the other ships.
    Last edited by mmocb2730f036e; 2010-11-18 at 07:06 PM.

The list is:
    1- Draenei
    2- Highbourne
    3- Blood elves / High elves
    4- Humans / Forsaken
    5- Gnomes
    6- Goblins
    7- Dwarfs
    8- Trolls
    9- Orcs

Because of all the comments I am looking at, it seems like most of them have not read my OP post.. So, I will give this out clearly. By ranking each race from 1 to 3. I am not going to tell you why they have that rank, because I already wrote it on the OP post. Here we go.

The Alliance:
    Draenei +3
    Humans + 3
    High Elves + 3
    Night Elves ( Highborne ) + 3
    Worgen + 3
    Gnomes + 2.5
    Dwarves + 2

The Horde:
    Blood Elves + 3
    Forsaken + 3
    Goblins + 2
    Orcs + 2
    Trolls + 2
    Tauren + 1.5

Okay ranking by ingame stats (int)

1. Blood elf 27
    2.Gnome /Goblin 26
    3.Draenei 24
    4.Human /Night elf 23
    5.Dwarf 22
    6.Forsaken 21
    7.Orc 20
    8.Troll /Worgen 19

Heh stop posting, it's not worth it. Let the troll fanboy OP and his thread die already. He makes up "facts" and anyone that comments contrary to them is called an idiot and is directed to read his bullshit-filled first post.