Dragon Age: Whats the funnest (DW) class?

Hello! I'm having trouble planning out the main class I want to play in Dragon Age.

Originally I wanted to play an arcane warrior/bloodmage and be a massive damage dealer/support class. Apparently, its hard to be successful unless you tank with this spec.

I'm looking for a hack and slash dual-wield feel with some major damage. Is DW warrior fun?

I don't have any interest in rogue.

I need some opinions. Can a dual-wielding AW/BM be viable and fun? Is a dual-wielding warrior loads better? If so, which spec?

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played this game fairly extensively, and I gotta say, any warrior build is incredibly boring to play. Dual wield has good survivability compared to rogues, but it's also very boring, as you don't have many abilities to use. That said, dw warriors are still a hell of a lot more fun than 2H warriors, which are very close to an auto attack fest. I know you said you had no interest in rogues, and you don't like arcane warriors, but rogues are the best dual wielders and require the most controlling in order to maximize your damage. Backstabbing=fun.

I prefer DW warriors to rogues. While they have same talents, rogues need to invest in stealth and backstabs(so they can't learn as much moves as warriors), while warriors can put all their talents in special attacks, and also have a talent to regen stamina after a killing blow.
    For me, it looks like warrior=special attacks+awesome AoE, rogues=getting into position and auto-attacking for backstabs.

Also, i'd recommend you install Combat Tweaks mod, it slightly changes game balance, and everything become much more fun:
    http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=354

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I've played this game fairly extensively, and I gotta say, any warrior build is incredibly boring to play. Dual wield has good survivability compared to rogues, but it's also very boring, as you don't have many abilities to use. That said, dw warriors are still a hell of a lot more fun than 2H warriors, which are very close to an auto attack fest. I know you said you had no interest in rogues, and you don't like arcane warriors, but rogues are the best dual wielders and require the most controlling in order to maximize your damage. Backstabbing=fun.
    When I first started playing with my learning runs with warriors I preferred to go DW because the slow attack speed of 2h turned me off,but then I found a mod that I adjusted to get a good balanced speed so it wasn't too fast and realistic. In DA2 if you want to DW you're going have to play a rogue,but in the end I felt dw warriors had enough buttons to be pressing to keep it not auto-attack with it's massive aoe damage. If you want to get technical about everything go to http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/subindex/7 and one of the forums are filled with theorcrafting and stuff.

Ultraness is a way of life.