Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sure thing. I'll probably just made a video as well this tuesday or wensday when i get into 25ICC.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 01:20 AM ----------

I played around with it a little more and now I am 1087 haste (33.15%). In unholy which I like the most, I find that my runes are regenerating so fast that my abilities are always up which is good. Of course my attacks arnt hitting as hard as if I was stacking strength gems but it doesn't even matter because I can attack more with stacking haste which in result gives me greater damage. But like you guys said using a dummy is not an accurate way to measure so just gotta wait til' I get into ICC.
    i believe this is the soft cap, or therabouts. which means he is probably in sup-epic gear if he needs to gem for haste, though enough to raid icc25 efficiently. 13-14k is my guess on saurfang. (probably 5.5-5.8k gs, don't GSflame please, just making an estimate).

i've read several theory crafting threads that state/hypothesize that reaching soft cap haste works similar to switching from soft arp to hard arp, that once you can reach it you should go for it, though without the same strictness that applied to arp.

i'm also guessing he is using a sub-shadowsedge weapon which may also account for his odd numbers at his gear level. but as several troll stated, dummies definatly don't reflect raid dps. especially when str is buffed so much by kings etc. and haste changes marginally by comparison.

Dear OP: you are getting close to the haste cap, but i'd be surprised if your dps changes let alone increases in a raid setting, especially on movement fights IE: most of icc.

Edit: Ignore the numbers, i reposted below with correct modifications.
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2010-11-15 at 11:24 PM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Show me logs from a raid and I may believe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I hate to cut discussion off early, but I'm seriously getting tired of threads about dummy dps. I like this forum to be lax in regards to EJ's, but posting threads about dummy dps is pretty much the ONLY thing that I wont tolerate. OP has 48 hours to produce something of substance or I'm locking the thread. From here on the vast majority dummy dps threads are probably just going to be locked as they often are completely pointless. If you don't trust sims that's fine, but either get an entire group of 25 people together to do your dummy tests, or post some sort of in game log of a REAL boss fight.
    I agree. You should have done some more substantial testing than a dummy-test. Getting enough people to get all your raid buffs and debuffs on the dummy would appease me. Screenshots would help too.

Also, if OP was talking about Live and not Beta, I'm pretty close to saying "who gives a shit" because 85 is where it matters.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

Nice gear, brb running benchmarks with my 58 dk on Hellfire Peninsula mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pineapple View Post
    but as several troll stated, dummies definatly don't reflect raid dps
    You don't know what trolling is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pineapple View Post
    i believe this is the soft cap, or therabouts. which means he is probably in sup-epic gear, though enough to raid icc25 efficiently. 13-14k is my guess on saurfang. (probably 5.5-5.8k gs, don't GSflame please, just making an estimate).

i've read several theory crafting threads that state/hypothesize that reaching soft cap haste works similar to switching from soft arp to hard arp, that once you can reach it you should go for it, though without the same strictness that applied to arp.

i'm also guessing he is using a sub-shadowsedge weapon which may also account for his odd numbers at his gear level. but as several troll stated, dummies definatly don't reflect raid dps. especially when str is buffed so much by kings etc. and haste changes marginally by comparison.

Dear OP: you are getting close to the haste cap, but i'd be surprised if your dps changes let alone increases in a raid setting, especially on movement fights IE: most of icc.

Edit: wouldn't let me quote properly cuz i'm a forum nub.
    not for or against this thread, but...if u actually looked at the armory some1 posted, if thats the OPs armory, he can still stack more haste, being as 9 gems are STR, and a few are STR/Haste.

but, would be interesting to see some numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    not for or against this thread, but...if u actually looked at the armory some1 posted, if thats the OPs armory, he can still stack more haste, being as 9 gems are STR, and a few are STR/Haste.

but, would be interesting to see some numbers
    my bad.

went and looked at the armory. the OP has 9 peices of gear he could/should reforge to haste and easily get as much as he did from the gems, and regem back to str. and a couple str/haste gems. doing that you should easily be pulling close to 10k on dummies and 17++ on saurfang. ej may not always be right, but in this case it is. Str>Haste>Crit >other.

AMIDOINITRITE?
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2010-11-15 at 11:26 PM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Don't have time at the moment but if i can get back before this thread is locked I'll do some number crunching to the extreme.
    /fingers crossed

Starting a thread with "this thing did this other thing for me" is always an invitation to flamed, trolled, or otherwise "roughed up". I will say that the OP should have at least attempted to and ultimately provided some type of log or evidence of the claim.

The lack of any of supporting evidence here is the real downfall.

To all the people posting, "your dumb", "EJ rocks!" , "dummies suck!" and "dude, wtf?" seriously consider looking up two words: Hypocrit, and Conformation. (not to be confused with confirmation with an "i"). At least this one guy had the balls to think and try something for himself, while you who flame him for thinking for himself look to other forums where people have "done the research" then blindly and ignorantly say to yourselves "well, that's what I should I do then".

This shows 2 characteristics, Laziness and lack of understanding for things like mechanics and math. There are mechanics in play that even simulators have a hard, hard, hard time reproducing accurately. And as one user stated, there is some randomness in the game. Rather than post about what these other sites have worked out, that you now eat like Christmas Crack and then flaming someone for freethinking, why don't you spend this time reflecting on your own gear and gems and at least ask yourself "could I be better?"

if you answer absolutely not, then I wish I had a real life ignore list I could put you on. Because of that was true, EJ, Enhsim, Rawr and the like wouldn't exist.

give this guy a break. Is he lieing probably not. Is his success with haste due to some type of unforeseen recourse or action on his part? probably so. But to say "your dumb because THEY said so...." now thats just naive to say the least. There is a reason the theorycrafters keep theorycrafting and if you watch the forums closely, small adjustments to priorities, balances, gems, stats, positioning, timing happen ALL the time. and sometimes daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Avey View Post
    Starting a thread with "this thing did this other thing for me" is always an invitation to flamed, trolled, or otherwise "roughed up". I will say that the OP should have at least attempted to and ultimately provided some type of log or evidence of the claim.

The lack of any of supporting evidence here is the real downfall.

To all the people posting, "your dumb", "EJ rocks!" , "dummies suck!" and "dude, wtf?" seriously consider looking up two words: Hypocrit, and Conformation. (not to be confused with confirmation with an "i"). At least this one guy had the balls to think and try something for himself, while you who flame him for thinking for himself look to other forums where people have "done the research" then blindly and ignorantly say to yourselves "well, that's what I should I do then".

This shows 2 characteristics, Laziness and lack of understanding for things like mechanics and math. There are mechanics in play that even simulators have a hard, hard, hard time reproducing accurately. And as one user stated, there is some randomness in the game. Rather than post about what these other sites have worked out, that you now eat like Christmas Crack and then flaming someone for freethinking, why don't you spend this time reflecting on your own gear and gems and at least ask yourself "could I be better?"

if you answer absolutely not, then I wish I had a real life ignore list I could put you on. Because of that was true, EJ, Enhsim, Rawr and the like wouldn't exist.

give this guy a break. Is he lieing probably not. Is his success with haste due to some type of unforeseen recourse or action on his part? probably so. But to say "your dumb because THEY said so...." now thats just naive to say the least. There is a reason the theorycrafters keep theorycrafting and if you watch the forums closely, small adjustments to priorities, balances, gems, stats, positioning, timing happen ALL the time. and sometimes daily.
    I must be missing all of the posts calling this dude a moron for daring to contradict EJ. What I see is a lot of people calling him out for trying to pass off dummy test results as some new discovery without providing a scrap of evidence.

If some guy said "gravity isn't real because yesterday I dropped an apple and it floated in midair", you would expect him to provide some kind of documentation that this happened.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    I'm currently sitting at 28% Haste (Presence not included) and I don't experience any problems with not being able to use my runes.
    It plays very smoothly and the DPS is quite high, so...

Of course I didn't gem all haste like the OP suggested, that'd be overkill. Red slots get Strenght gems, Blue slots get Strength gems, Yellow slots get Haste gems.

Reforged everything to Haste.

Oh, I'm UH btw.

I don't know what armory you guys have been looking at or if the op changed some stuff, but last time I checked there were all Haste gems and his gear was reforged to haste with reforge to Mastery or Expertise were haste was already on gear so he ended up at 23 exp and hit capped...

Bad armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&r=Runetotem
    Good armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%90%C3%A6kon/

<3 the new site's design.

Seems like there were some switches done, but who knows until he comments?

So apparently because I wanted to try something new I'm getting flamed for it. Also because I lacked supporting evidence with logs and Screen shots. Well for the people who are giving me shit, please go back and read my original post. I merely made a statement and just made a suggestion. No one ever said (no one being me) that Haste>strength and that you all should regem. So for all you haters out there please stop being such elitists and let me enjoy my dps increase.

As Nye keeps saying, just wait until I can get some numbers up. Even if gemming haste doesnt work for your, it works for me and I gain from it. It all depends on your gear and play style.

Also I don't remember who said it , but back in 3.3.5, gemming Armor Pen was a little better in the long run at higher levels of gear, maybe it goes the same for haste...you never know. Just chill. It's all gonna change in cata anyways.

Noone is giving you shit for making a suggestion or trying something new, we are just really tired of people talking about what they did to gain dps on a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Noone is giving you shit for making a suggestion or trying something new, we are just really tired of people talking about what they did to gain dps on a dummy.
    pretty much this, time and time again.everyone wants to talk about what dps they did on the dummy. any dps you do on the training dummy is more or less meaningless. since you said you havnt tested it in a raid setting you cant really say youve gained anything based on the fact you have no data. and you kinda ask to get flamed when your OP is "hey i did X dps on a training dummy". again training dummies tell you nothing about potential dps.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Stacking strength I did 8k on Heroic dummy. Stacking haste I did 9.1k sustained. Faster rune regen means I get to use more hard hitting attacks like obliterate instead of frost strike.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...C3%90%C3%A6kon
    You realise that heroic dummy dps means nothing, this is because stats like STR are scaled by raid buffs, things like kings for example make the value of STR greater than the nominal amount and are taken into account when stat weights are calculated.

Any sort of analysis done with self buffs/debuffs on a dummy just proves whats best if you're soloing, it in no what provides any evidence of what is best in a true raid setting.

OP got flamed due to his shitty post. "i gemmed haste dps went up on dummy lols". There is not sample size you refer to the number of go arounds at the dummy buffs used or anything. I have been doing a lot of dummy testing on my shaman as of late and i do 5 min runs with very specific buffs and cd usage and dps can still vary by >1k on a 5 min test, with ideal circumstances. It can vary by even more than that if there is heavy server lag like there was today or if im just not doing my rotation optimally. Posts like the op tend to negate the amount of actual serious conversation on these forums which is why a place like ej that would ban worthless post like this are what is quoted for all the guides here.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i stacked up on haste after patch so i could log out quicker ;p
    me no like me dk no more
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

There are 2 different kinds of DK's

1. The "EJ ROCKS OMFG!" They follow Considers guide to the word. (bad exampel incom) str > haste when Consider writes haste<str? thats blashphemy! (Consider is epic. tho following everything to the word is bad very often.)

2. The "Loggers" The kind of people who would like logs to analyze it. they are the people who is worth listening on and do have a clue on what they are talking about.
    Mortenius @ Ravencrest EU
    Linkov @ Magtheridon EU
    Github

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Shush, listen to your elder! Don't bully those that try to think on their own.
    EJ was born because of people that thought on their own and was refined to what it is now.
    Just cut the OP some slack if he didn't eloquently state everything with perfect math and at least 100 hours of logs to back him up.
    Common sense is a true gift. Thanks.

Even if you follow Elitistjerks, which I don't say you shouldn't, your own playstyle en specifics matter a LOT more than a talent difference or a couple gem differences.

Depending on your latency, gearlevel and expertise on the rotation and advice EJ gives you, your DPS will vary a lot.