HoP while looting a flag?

I've been trying to get flag recaps in AB to work towards Battlemaster. I was in an AB and about to finally get Overly Defensive when a pally comes up and casts Hand of Protection on me so that he can have the flag cap for himself.

Do you think this should be allowed, would you consider it griefing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, its pretty douche-tastic.

pretty lame, but overly defensive isn't really the hardest achievement to get so it's not really that big of a deal. you can just go guard mine, hide out on the roof and wait for a single pve geared nooblet to come cap it, then destroy him and recap it. or just wait for a game where both teams are 99% offense 1% defense and capping and recapping happen all game long. some other tactic is just to try recapping the flag even if you're still fighting the other team, sometimes they just ignore you and let you recap it because they're too busy fighting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic, that type of griefing i saw today. Fishing event in booty bay there were people of the same faction standing on the bobbers of the people fishing. Pretty lame.

On topic, that is pretty douche-tastic.
    --No Beta Club--
    Books let you imagine the impossible.
    Movies let you see the impossible.
    Video Games let you do the impossible

Lol, will be even funnier with priests in cata being able to use an ability similar to death grip on their own teammates.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think that it is right for someone to do that to someone. However, that would take a lot of work to force it to not allow a BoP on someone that is capturing an objective.

game mechanics are exploitable

you should turn this into a multi vote poll

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Lol, will be even funnier with priests in cata being able to use an ability similar to death grip on their own teammates.
    Oh god, people won't be able to complete achievements? How will they find a false sense of accomplishment?