Sources of JP gains

I have 24 JP on my level 72 hunter and I honestly don't know how I got them. I thought maybe it was from running randoms like at 80 but I've run a ton of randoms since I got them and haven't received anymore. Where did they come from? This could just be me having an extremely dumb moment but I've had them since level 70 and I don't know where they came from. You don't get them from level 70 heroics as well do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    doing a random dungeon via dungeon finder = 24 JP

so youll have gotten 24 from that.

edit: i think you still get JP at 70, cause all the naruu stuff in shatt is bought with like 100, so maybe if your 70 and run hcs, you can buy them

Deleted
    You get justice points from the Random Normal Dungeon the first time you do it each day. Might be it?

you prolly get a few point for the first random eatch day, it used to adward 2 badges

You probably gained this whenn doing a random normal lich king dungeon, wich does indeed give 24JP the first time each day

and for as far that I know you don't get JP for lvl 70 HC's, as they used to give badge of justice and those have been converted into gold.

You're all saying you get points for the first one you do each day but I do randoms on him every day and I've had only the 24 JP since I was level 70.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    You're all saying you get points for the first one you do each day but I do randoms on him every day and I've had only the 24 JP since I was level 70.
    You only get the from Lich king normal dungeons, so its not strange you start getting it at level 70, as the WoW vanille and the TBC dungeons dont give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simeal View Post
    You only get the from Lich king normal dungeons, so its not strange you start getting it at level 70, as the WoW vanille and the TBC dungeons dont give them.
    -.- ok please actually read what I am saying.... My hunter is 72 I've had the points since 70... I run randoms EVERY day *WOTLK* randoms and I've not gotten anymore points. So it can't be points from your first random of the day because I run them every day and my amount of points has not changed. Unless my account is bugged or something.

Edit - And before you say it, yes I realize you didn't say anything about running the first random of the day. I just quoted because I also pointed out that I've been running WOTLK randoms.

-.- ok please actually read what I am saying.... My hunter is 72 I've had the points since 70... I run randoms EVERY day *WOTLK* randoms and I've not gotten anymore points. So it can't be points from your first random of the day because I run them every day and my amount of points has not changed. Unless my account is bugged or something.

Edit - And before you say it, yes I realize you didn't say anything about running the first random of the day. I just quoted because I also pointed out that I've been running WOTLK randoms.
    Please delete WTF, Cache and Interface folders

Quote Originally Posted by Goatluver View Post
    Please delete WTF, Cache and Interface folders
    Lawl. If I wanted to hear that then I'd open a ticket lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Lawl. If I wanted to hear that then I'd open a ticket lol
    No you want to hear want YOU want to hear, if you haven't done that than LOL

Also you only get it ONCE per day and only IF you select random, not a selected instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    No you want to hear want YOU want to hear, if you haven't done that than LOL

Also you only get it ONCE per day and only IF you select random, not a selected instance.
    I honestly don't think the WTF, or Cache have anything whatsoever to do with it because JP gains on both of my 80's are doing fine. But I will do it anyway because what could it hurt. and I know it's only ONCE per day and only IF it's a random and that's what I've been doing. And yes I've double checked to make sure it's not set on a selected instance.

They came from a 70+ daily normal random dungeon that you did before the JP system was implemented. Prior to patch 4.0 if you ran the daily dungeon it would award you with 2 Emblems of Triumph. However once 4.0 hit all triumph badges got converted to JP.

As the daily dungeon now only gives gold until level 80 you won't/cannot get anymore until that point. I hope that clears it up for you - you just happened to be leveling across a paradigm shift and get caught in the middle of an inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogmite View Post
    They came from a 70+ daily normal random dungeon that you did before the JP system was implemented. Prior to patch 4.0 if you ran the daily dungeon it would award you with 2 Emblems of Triumph. However once 4.0 hit all triumph badges got converted to JP.

As the daily dungeon now only gives gold until level 80 you won't/cannot get anymore until that point. I hope that clears it up for you - you just happened to be leveling across a paradigm shift and get caught in the middle in an inconsistency.
    I hit 70 after the patch and had no emblems

Deleted
    You can get some JP from Kara - I got some from the Chess Event when I was running it for rep, just in case you've done that!

Deleted
    Don't think u get em doin randoms while lvlin anymore at the min, least i dont get them on my alts. U do get them from burning crusade where u wud normally get badges of justice, so if uve done raids, possibly heroics as well. Is it possible u had badges that got converted when it changed to the point system

I realise above u said u had no badges :s so i assume raids or heroics

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You can get some JP from Kara - I got some from the Chess Event when I was running it for rep, just in case you've done that!
    Nah. God I miss that place though.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daraka View Post
    Don't think u get em doin randoms while lvlin anymore at the min, least i dont get them on my alts. U do get them from burning crusade where u wud normally get badges of justice, so if uve done raids, possibly heroics as well. Is it possible u had badges that got converted when it changed to the point system
    Nah I never did any of the BC heroics on my hunter he's fairly new and certainly no raids. No emblems or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think the WTF, or Cache have anything whatsoever to do with it because JP gains on both of my 80's are doing fine. But I will do it anyway because what could it hurt. and I know it's only ONCE per day and only IF it's a random and that's what I've been doing. And yes I've double checked to make sure it's not set on a selected instance.
    Maybe you got them from some old curencies that were not converted into gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Maybe you got them from some old curencies that were not converted into gold.
    I've already said I didn't have any emblems or anything. Other than that the only thing I had were honor marks from BG's which were converted to honor.