Deadly Momentum is awesome for leveling!

Hello, friends! Today is such a good sunny day, so I wanted to finally post something positive instead of whining about vanish change.

New Deadly Momentum (Assassination talent) is insane! It was redesigned from something utterly useless (+40% crit on the next attack (which is generally a white auto-attack) after landing a killing blow), to greatest thing that happened to rogue class in 4.0.

I'll quote a comment from wowhead:
    Let me just make sure I understand this talent right - if you put up, for example, a 5 stack of Slice and Dice, kill the enemy, get your SnD refreshed, then move on to a new enemy, put up a 5 stack of Recuperate, kill the enemy, get your SnD and Recuperate refreshed, you could just continue this chain of endless pain as long as you can kill the next mob before either falls off?

If so, that is insane.
    And this IS insane. I'm leveling a new rogue, and since level 22 (when you finally get SnD), I've had sessions for 30-40 minutes of endless farming without letting the buffs fall off. I've killed the amount of mobs needed for a quest and could not stop myself, landing kill after a kill after a kill.

Notice, the timers are short enough to keep it competitive. You'll have to use Cold Blood in some tight situations, to quickly kill something.

And it works in dungeons as well! You just need to time your mutilate/eviscerate (later - envenom). You can keep the buffs up for the whole dungeon, if the mob groups are not too far from each other!

Have you tried it yet?

Deleted
    This will certainly reduce downtime indeed

Sounds good... will give it go in Cata from 80-85

Yes it seems nice but it ain't worth taking for high level PvP

A little off-topic but the new vanish is amazing, can't take any dmg while vanished for 3 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Yes it seems nice but it ain't worth taking for high level PvP

A little off-topic but the new vanish is amazing, can't take any dmg while vanished for 3 sec
    Sir please post comments that make sense. OFC in "high" level PvP its not great because ATM its all Arena and you only get 1 or 2 kills per game and if you get a kill the game is over. I doubt it will be much use in Rated BGs as well.

BUT as a leveling tool it will be used in every spec IMO. Sub perhaps less so as you Opener pretty much 100% crit chance anyway but for Combat/Mut less time healing simply means more XP per minute and quicker leveling.
    The talent is awesome and god bless the new Vanish (well it was mentioned)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    While this talent looks great I am not sure how practical it will be, at least for Cata lv 80-85. Ten seconds is not a lot of time, especially when competing for mobs with tons of people around. Maybe if you get lucky and have some areas to yourself (lol) but even so it will still be hard to build up SnD and Recup and continue it for multiple mobs at a time.

I like to stealth/pickpocket all of the mobs that I can, then after you loot it you have maybe 8 secs to get to the next mob, but you have to stealth far enough away so it doesn't aggro you first. That is just how I play, if you don't stealth or loot it will be much easier I guess. It would drive me crazy if I built up 5 point SnD on one mob, then a 5 point Recup on another, then lose it because I didn't get to the next mob fast enough!

I think it should have been 15 seconds instead so you don't feel so rushed but I guess that's the point of it. I just don't think it will be practical, and remember I am talking strictly Cata leveling 80-85.

@ roosterfu

it really is nice. yes you cant always get the next mob in time, but most of the time you would be able to.

now, maybe not hte first zone on opening day of cata, because everything will be swamped, but they will also buff the respawn rates to insane levels to compensate like they did in wrath and BC.

If you stealth/pickpocket all the mobs, spec down subtlety then, shadowstep has a pretty short Cd and you can stealth around at almost normal speed. along with huge ambush openers.

if you want to just bash things, combat will probably be fine for that. better aoe too

but from what ive been experiencing, deadly momentum will definitly be a strongly suggested talent for questing as assassination.

it really is insane. also, why do you say ten seconds? the +crit lasts ten seconds true. however, the SnD and recup refresh doesnt have a 10 second window it has however long a window that the 5 combo point maximum duration is, so about 32 seconds with recup, 24 seconds (glyphed) for SnD.

if you kill a mob within 24 seconds, you keep both recup and SnD up indefinitly.

At least this is how its working on live atm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    it really is insane. also, why do you say ten seconds? the +crit lasts ten seconds true. however, the SnD and recup refresh doesnt have a 10 second window it has however long a window that the 5 combo point maximum duration is, so about 32 seconds with recup, 24 seconds (glyphed) for SnD.

if you kill a mob within 24 seconds, you keep both recup and SnD up indefinitly.

At least this is how its working on live atm.
    You are right, I read the description totally wrong, my bad.

damn it, I prepped my heirlooms for a COMBAT rogue. X( now I find that this is the awesome spec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    damn it, I prepped my heirlooms for a COMBAT rogue. X( now I find that this is the awesome spec?
    while combat may not be uber raid dps, it solos and quests fine. i dont imagine it would be a huge difference either way.

Combat wins for levelling due to cleave. Yay for BF

Deleted
    It's a t1 talent. Just dump RS for it temporarily.

edit: I mean lethality/RS

Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    It's a t1 talent. Just dump RS for it temporarily.

edit: I mean lethality/RS
    Except that with the new talent system, you can't put points into another tree until you put at least 31 points into your main tree. Meaning that he would either have to go Assassination to get this from level 10, or would have to wait until level 71 to start putting points into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Counter_Break View Post
    Except that with the new talent system, you can't put points into another tree until you put at least 31 points into your main tree. Meaning that he would either have to go Assassination to get this from level 10, or would have to wait until level 71 to start putting points into it.
    Ah feck, ignored the heirloom part, thought he was 80

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the crap out of DM on beta leveling my rogue. If you've got the gear to chain kill mobs between quest objective locations, it really simplifies things to an insane extent.

Are you guys sick of leveling so slow? Have no idea what to add for your skills? Check out my thread that im about to post . We offer a cheap powerleveling guide. It is currently the best powerleveling guide for World of Warcraft in the world ! It automatically adds the best build for u using your talent points and all you have to do is follow the guide to a quick fast leveling up experience. It will also build the best possible build for your talent points with your unique situation. You will not be dissapointed. Whats more? It is the only guide out there that is not against WoW's ToS which makes it unbannable ! Can it get any better? Yes, if you require any help just contact Zygor guides. They are a company solely dedicated to help out their clients. Satisfaction guaranteed. Where to see this awesome guide? Check out the thread im about to post with a video provided.