Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They changed it on Beta because Destruction was falling behind at 85; as it's still actually a little ahead at 80 I don't think we'll see that change until Cataclysm itself.

It could also be that it's caused such strange things to happen with Affliction imparticular that they may yet opt not to implement the change on live at all and buff something else. This is what Beta is for.
    destruction scales huge with each tick of immolate(haste), affliction gives a steady increase per haste
    affliction(/drain) scales huge with mastery, destruction gets a steady increase per mastery

we have huge haste at live, dont have huge haste on beta
    we have huge mastery on beta, dont have huge mastery on live

seeeee?

All this nerfs are making warlock classes a Joke in PvP,i mean really,what classes are we able to win has desctro for ex.?

15+ Year Old Account
    its a 1-79 nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    destruction scales huge with each tick of immolate(haste), affliction gives a steady increase per haste
    affliction(/drain) scales huge with mastery, destruction gets a steady increase per mastery

we have huge haste at live, dont have huge haste on beta
    we have huge mastery on beta, dont have huge mastery on live

seeeee?
    No, I really don't at all. There is absolutely no reason to buff Destruction on live; it's DPS is more than fine. Buffing it would make it severely overpowered, and Blizz don't want that to happen when it's completely unnecessary. The buff can wait until it is needed; ie Cataclysm and level 85.

It being good enough for Affliction to pick up and completely change their vision of how it's played - using Soul Fire and Drain Life - is not an intended dynamic for the talent, so there's a very very good reason not to implement the change at all. There are plenty of other things they can tweak to "fix" Destruction without completely breaking how the other trees play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, I really don't at all. There is absolutely no reason to buff Destruction on live; it's DPS is more than fine. Buffing it would make it severely overpowered, and Blizz don't want that to happen when it's completely unnecessary. The buff can wait until it is needed; ie Cataclysm and level 85.

It being good enough for Affliction to pick up and completely change their vision of how it's played - using Soul Fire and Drain Life - is not an intended dynamic for the talent, so there's a very very good reason not to implement the change at all. There are plenty of other things they can tweak to "fix" Destruction without completely breaking how the other trees play.
    Affliction..now thats a problem..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
    All this nerfs are making warlock classes a Joke in PvP,i mean really,what classes are we able to win has desctro for ex.?
    I don't think % nerfs to our damage spells are what is going to lead to a rude awakening for warlocks in cataclysm.
    The class itself just did not evolve at the same pace the game around it did.

Right now we have all our important PvP tools available at 80 already while every other class is going to get gamechanging signature abilities on the way to 85 and we get nothing. Most classes will have greatly superior mobility and lockdown-capabilities while warlocks are still sitting ducks, calling them "melee casters" does not sound right. Yes, we will be forced into melee range far worse than what we are used to already but that doesnt mean we will do it the frost dk kind of way, instead we will just blow up unable to do anything meaningful since we actually are casters.

Warlock damage is a little crazy right now on live and beta but once it is tuned I think the shortcomings of the class will be more obvious than ever, especially in comparison to the new old overlords of caster pvp, our frost mage friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locks are fine in cataclysm. Since when have frost mages not been pvp overlords? That's a false statement and seriously casts doubt on the content of your post.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Yeah, that was what I was trying to imply with the "new,old" they have been in the past and they are/will be right now. Probably the language barrier made things harder for me again hehe

I hope we will be fine, but without overpowered damage as it is right now, I sadly doubt it. I understand Blizzard did not want to add any meaningful new abilities to warlocks because we already have so many different spells to use, at least that is what the bluepost said. Yet to me it seems this just leaves us with the tools that were sufficient in the old pvp environments but I am pessimistic about the future. A future full of more short cd gap closers which will hurt warlocks more than any other class, greatly enhanced control for all casters and essentially the only thing that warlocks get in cata is the new soul shard mechanic, which we already have now.

I mean it is hard to look at extremely cool stuff like ring of frost, druid mushrooms or heroic leap, then realize warlocks will get nothing in the expansion, and not be worried (and jealous!). Demon soul is something we needed but it is just another trinket turned into a spell without any deeper meaning for how warlocks will play.

For PvE we will probably be fine, however Dark Intent is a slap in the face in its own right, not being able to benefit other warlocks, essentially preventing us from giving that 105% that any other class will be eligible to give.
    Last edited by mmoc4274bdbc5e; 2010-11-19 at 10:46 AM.

I mean it is hard to look at extremely cool stuff like ring of frost, druid mushrooms or heroic leap, then realize warlocks will get nothing in the expansion, and not be worried (and jealous!). Demon soul is something we needed but it is just another trinket turned into a spell without any deeper meaning for how warlocks will play.

For PvE we will probably be fine, however Dark Intent is a slap in the face in its own right, not being able to benefit other warlocks, essentially preventing us from giving that 105% that any other class will be eligible to give.
    That's 2 out of the 3 new abilities, but misses out the one that I'm most looking forward to re: using in PvP. I think for completeness' sake you should QQ some about Fel Flame too, no doubt also qualified by "something we needed", to go with the fact that Dark Intent is just a tool to get different scaling after level 83, and so presumably also "something we needed".

Oh my, 3 things and each one "something we needed", no wonder you're so upset

Deleted
    Fel Flame is just a pve button to push when certain conditions are met.
    I can see how we needed this in regards to the much more hectic and movement heavy encounter design in cataclysm but this doesnt make the ability exciting.
    I was mostly talking about pvp in my previous posts and yes, we will push the button in PvP too but again, it will be rare and insignificant and doesnt change anything about the feel of our class except dealing some pathetic damage on the move (the damage is really really low and dispel spam is just as prevalent in cata as it is on live so the only use out of this ability is a poor mans ice lance essentially)

Demon Soul, yes we needed that because warlocks simply lacked a dps cooldown for years now. So now, at 85 we get one while other classes which already had their dps cooldowns get new exciting stuff..you see where I am getting at?
    I am happy we have a dps cooldown now, however doesnt mean it is an exciting ability. Should have had this years ago. There is a reason blizzard designs trinkets with procs instead of on-use now.

How you include Dark Intent in "things we need" is beyond my understanding though. Actually I would have been ok with our three new abilities if they at least made the effort to give us a real third ability instead of Dark Intent, which is just completely unneeded, unwanted, uninspired.
    Last edited by mmoc4274bdbc5e; 2010-11-21 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    oh the horror if me sucking if i rerolled warlock AGAIN..

eh nevermind!