Protector of the innocent scaling

Heya folks. I was wondering about the Protector of the innocent scaling at lvl 85. Im ret, and this is one of the coolest spells at game imo, helps me survive alot, but it does not scale with intelect i think (im a ret pala). It is going to suck at level 85 for ret/prot if it does not scale with intellect. And if i use flash of light healz i go oom pretty fast, atleast they should increase our mana or lower cost for ret. Yes yes i could use holy power to heal my self alot, BUT i sacrifice alot of damage. So what do you think?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Its already been nerfed for you, but is scales with level and any %age increases (Divinity/Luck of the Draw/ICC buff)
    It also scales with crit

So its nerfed in next patch? Cause atm i heal my self and it works. Oh i think i will play prot pvp at lvl 85.. i hate blizz :/ What does this mean anyway -> FoL is meant to be expensive. Shammys, shadow priests, druids could heal like us, but their mana isn't going low in 5 heals.
    Last edited by riflemancho; 2010-11-15 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    So its nerfed in next patch? Cause atm i heal my self and it works. Oh i think i will play prot pvp at lvl 85.. i hate blizz :/ What does this mean anyway -> FoL is meant to be expensive. Shammys, shadow priests, druids could heal like us, but their mana isn't going low in 5 heals.
    The quick heal for all healers is going to be expensive. That's just how it works now.

But yes, the talent has been changed such that you have to heal someone else in order to proc the talent.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    It works on self heals on live, but not in beta.

Is this the balance you got blizz? Deathwing is going to destroy you too

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 10:09 PM ----------

Uh its becoming spam, but.. Our cleanse is pretty fuc*ed this patch. No longer removes magic unless your holy, and if you are ret it drains 14-15 % mana per cast. Do you think blizz gonna buff our mana at @85 ?

Uh its becoming spam, but.. Our cleanse is pretty fuc*ed this patch. No longer removes magic unless your holy, and if you are ret it drains 14-15 % mana per cast. Do you think blizz gonna buff our mana at @85 ?
    It would still be the same because all spells have their cost in base mana and rets don't have any additional intellect from gear so it will still cost the same (not the same mana value but the same percentage of base mana).

Deleted

Cleanse is really nice vs Dks atm(live). Rogue poisons though might be a waste to dispell.

Can't say for beta (85) if it's as good, but, 1 spell to counter 1 class at pvp seems lame, DPSers are rarely supposed to remove debuffs anyway in pve, so in pvp, cleanse is worthless vs anything but dk atm.

Can't wait for the remove slow/root effects though. I highly expect it to get spammed, in which case mana could be an issue, but due to the long range of judgements we can't get very low on mana easily.

Ontopic though about PotI, I really love that talent, and I am sad it's nerfed to the freaking ground. It's a great survivability tool. Was good while it lasted.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2010-11-16 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizz does any "buffs" for ret it will most likely be at the very end of the expansion and bring them up to where the other classes were . I highly doubt they will fix anything for ret though, the designers for retribution seem to have very little in the way of insight into the implications of what their changes can do to make or break a spec & they have very little consensus on WTF they wan the spec to be which leads to many talents negating others & even our mastery being negated by talents.

To make matters worse even those in charge like GhostCrawler seem to have very little consensus between each other on what they want the spec to be, half of them want the spec to be horrible like it was in vanilla & much of BC while the other half believe all specs should truly fill the roles they are meant for even at end game. This has been shown by many interviews done over the years, the results of their efforts & even the fact they do not allow people to ask the team leads about what their future plans for retribution are & blizzcon while other specs are not off limits for questions.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Can't wait for the remove slow/root effects though. I highly expect it to get spammed, in which case mana could be an issue, but due to the long range of judgements we can't get very low on mana easily.
    The problem with cleanse on beta being able to remove a snare or a a root is just that it can only remove 1 at a time and costs a large chunk of mana. These spells are also very easy to apply & many can be applied at the same time meaning we can easily run ourselves OOM in a few seconds trying to remove them & in the long run a healer can as well.

They need to make Long Arm of the Law a constant effect & make cleanse remove all snare/root effects when used on self if they want ret to even stand a chance because otherwise high end arena/BG teams would be much better off bringing a warrior, rouge, or deathknight because their survivability & self healing is as good or better then ours + all their defensive utility cool downs cannot be dispelled easily by any mage, hunter, shaman, priest, felhunter pet or prot warrior.

We would still also have the problem of complete RNG luck determining our potential instead of skill as well.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

poti nerf.. another worthless talent left for ret

Oh i think i will play prot pvp at lvl 85..
    with PotI nerf and GbtL nerf healing for half the amount as well I don't see Prot pvp being as great anymore. but only time will tell.

Deleted

Believe it or not, Blizzard actually wants Paladins to think now.

That means if you're Retribution or Protection, you might want to let the healers do the healing or cleansing, though you're able to assist when needed. EDIT: Also, Cleanses/Dispels etc have been mindless spamming throughout all of Wrath. The added mana cost and ability to be cast without any debuffs on the target is ment to make people pay attention and think about what they're dispelling.

Healing as a non-Holy spec is also ment to be a choice, hence the fact that you must sacrifice dps to use Word of Glory. You're not supposed to be able to heal yourself constantly with the other specs.

SECOND EDIT:

Of course Protector of the Innocent scales with levels. You don't think it heals for 1231 base healing at level 10, do you?
    Last edited by mmocad36d6f61e; 2010-11-16 at 01:58 PM.

I am not gonna say blizz hates us. Heck, I even think they genuinely want to fix us. Its just that.....

It looks like they think they understand our problem...then they form an idea.....a GREAT idea for them and they are excited....they are overjoyed...

Only.....everytime, it seems they underestimated or overestimated the problem and they have to nerf/buff us again. Repeat this countless times over and over...and even Blizzard gets sick of trying to fix us. That they jsut give up at around the end of the beta/ptr and then pray they got better ideas for the next beta/ptr.

Anyone else feel like this?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande