The search function

Hello.
    I did a search (lol) for this issue but didnt find anything regarding my problem also i dont know if this is the right forum feel free to close/delete/move it.

Everytime i try to use the search function i have to wait 60 seconds before doing it. Even when i come to the site and directly use the search button to find the threads i was posting in to read the answers people were writing if im still interested in the thread. So even if i obviously didnt use the search function in this session i still get the 60 seconds penalty ... is this intended? And if not could it be a problem on my side and how can i fix it?

Im using Mozilla 3.6.12 but i did have that problem with previous versions too and its a bit annoying. Nothing i cant live with but perhaps theres a simple fix for it.

Regards
    Culexus
    Last edited by Culexus; 2010-11-15 at 04:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you access the front page, it counts a search and starts the cooldown. If you click your Settings tab, you can view all the threads you posted in from there, and the Settings page wont trigger the cooldown, neither will the forums tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    When you access the front page, it counts a search and starts the cooldown. If you click your Settings tab, you can view all the threads you posted in from there, and the Settings page wont trigger the cooldown, neither will the forums tab.
    I do not believe this to be true. As far as I know there are no search widgets or specific searches being run on the homepage. Everything there should not be returned via a search.

Are you using What's New First? Before trying to do your search?

DarkSide is correct about the other bits, you can always view threads you've subscribed to via the settings link. If you want to change your thread subscriptions click on the General Settings tab, while in your Settings Page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
    I do not believe this to be true. As far as I know there are no search widgets or specific searches being run on the homepage. Everything there should not be returned via a search.

DarkSide is correct about the other bits, you can always view threads you've subscribed to via the settings link. If you want to change your thread subscriptions click on the General Settings tab, while in your Settings Page.
    I see. Not to agrue, and seeing as i have no real understanding of how it works, i may be wrong, but i always get the 60 second cooldown started from when i click on the mmo-champion emblem in the lop left corner. If you are sure that thats not what is triggering it though, I bet you are right, like i said, i dont really know how it all works.

No im not. Even when i open the page and directly (after doing nothing else) trying to use the search button i get the penalty. Sometimes when im browsing the site and in between try to do a search i get the 60 seconds too.

Does your browser have pre-fetching enabled?
    I think it is. Value in "about:config" is on "true" ... could this cause my problems?

Yea, if for some reason your browser is prefetching the search page that would cause a problem.