Poll: Engi or Mining as a tank?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Blanchy-Comics

It's the so-called Engineering Sockets. Currently you can only get dodge, parry and such. Perhaps Stamina will be introduced, as spirit is.

if you do choose to let go on mining i'd suggest you to farm all the mats needed to level engi.. so you wont have to spend 6-7k to get to 525... its only my opinion tough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Blanchy-Comics

It's the so-called Engineering Sockets. Currently you can only get dodge, parry and such. Perhaps Stamina will be introduced, as spirit is.
    I'm thinking they're only going with secondary stats (since spirit is considered a secondary stat now). Given what we know now, I doubt they'll add str/agi/stam/int.

I'd stay mining, free stamina is never bad. And if our other profession is Blacksmithing, you're gonna want that mining come cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusrage View Post
    Just in case people do not know, you can use Engineering Enchants AND Normal enchants at the moment.

So this means:

Head - Mind Control - which also gives +45 STA
    Rocket Boots (w00t!)
    Rocket Gloves + Normal Enchant (the 250 armor one cannot be used with a normal enchant, but can be used with rocket gloves)
    Back - Parachute with +23 AGI (crit only now for warrior ) with normal enchant
    Bomb Belt with normal BS belt buckle - or as mentioned above new shield belt

So the STA difference isn't too much when you consider the helm enchant, combine that with other goodies and I'd say ENG
    Currently, in beta, none of the stat bonuses exist on the engineering tinkerings. So no +stam mind control, no +agi/sp on cloak, no crit on rocket boots. It is all subject to change, but it doesn't look like they're coming back if eng and enchants don't overwrite each other.