Deleted

Buy my Laptop. Only laptop unfortunately

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain. I have been here a couple of times now shifting from lappy to desktop asking what specs would be best and such. Well it's final, I have to get a laptop. No desktop for me, at first I thought I could get away with it but no -_-

Anyway my budget of £500 has increased to £750. I would guess that would be enough to get a somewhat decent laptop. My intention is to use the laptop for WoW in Cataclysm and VMware . Hopefully with a £750 budget I can get something decent.

I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction, I can list what I was looking at so far:

Asus K52JC-EX089V £686

Display: 15.6" HD TFT (1366x768, Color-Shine)
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.27GHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M, 1GB dedicated graphics memory
    Storage: 500GB (5400rpm)
    Memory: 4096MB (2048x2) DDRIII 1066 RAM

Samsung NP-RF510S02 £749

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-460M (2.53GHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 330M, 1GB
    Storage: 640GB (5400rpm)
    Memory: 4096MB (2048x2) DDR3

Dell XPS 15 £729

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor (2.66 GHz,3M)
    Graphics: 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M Graphics Card(Wireless N1000 Card Only)
    Storage: 500GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
    Memory: 4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

That's what I am looking at now, if you know of any better ones, let me know please ~_^

Absolutely any help would be appreciated. And as I said, it can only be a laptop unfortunately not desktop.

Last one, Dell XPS15 is best of the bunch for your planned use. Still it has only dualcore CPU which can be bad depending on what kind of virtualization you're doing.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in agreement with Vesseblah, I would go with the last one, the Dell.
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

Deleted
    You guys think so? I was told that the Asus were the best,but I guess that's only if you can afford to shell out over a grand. Well in that case I will consider the dell then, perhaps get a little stretch on the budget and go for the 2gig nvidia and i7.

2GB video card is waste of money, rather pick one with GT450M or GT460M instead and 1GB RAM.

i7 would definitely help with virtualization, and you should look into laptops that come with 6 or 8 GB of RAM out of the box. Sometimes those dont' cost any significant extra.

Asus is good gaming laptop, but not at that pricepoint. When you're somewhere around £1000 those will be lot more interesting.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    2GB video card is waste of money, rather pick one with GT450M or GT460M instead and 1GB RAM.

i7 would definitely help with virtualization, and you should look into laptops that come with 6 or 8 GB of RAM out of the box. Sometimes those dont' cost any significant extra.

Asus is good gaming laptop, but not at that pricepoint. When you're somewhere around £1000 those will be lot more interesting.
    To properly respond to this post:

I want to run a linux distro alongside my windows 7. So yeah I would wager that 6 GB would be better, however i'm not fussed about upgrading at a later date tbh, I won't really be running any virtualization until after new years. This is mainly for me to get back up to scratch with linux before my probation period is up lulz. I'm crap at IT but got a decent job, wanna hold that shit.

Anyways, I think maybe I will go for the XPS 15. Looks a bit shitty though, but performance, reliability and longevity is all I am really concerned about.

Thanks for the advice guys. It is VERY appreciated. God I do love this community.