Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    You're watching terrible Hentai then. Or why do the "artists" in your movies run around, casting magical bolts instead of getting... you know? :>
    I was refering to how that chick looks, catears + tail, really?

    Oh and I just found a great Trailer about TERA voice acting you have to check that shit out, it's fucking hilarious.


  2. #42
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    203
    oohh my gawddd did you guys see the Panda in the Mystic trailer? u can actually play a panda in that game!
    or you can play some little girl with fox ears/tail.

    im sorry but this MMO is idd another asian mmo with half naked anime chicks and emo dudes who look like woman.

  3. #43
    As so many others have said, generic Korean MMO 126. Promises so much and delievers nothing, after the first month of release the game will never be heard from again. Those trailers you linked don't look very special really, looks the same as all the other Korean MMOs. Also please stop with the massive fanboyism of another MMO that hasn't been released on a WoW related site, all you will recieve is hate.

    Oh and incoming grind fest.
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #44
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    123
    Meh no like. Too flashy, it's like a cake with awesome icing and cherries and biscuits and god knows what else.....it may seem good....but it will kill you over night. This will be another Aion.....lots of fuss and .....dead.

    Warhammer online on the other hand was awesome but they fecked it up. So far the only other mmo i play apart from wow is Eve which is also fun but it has few ppl playing it.
    I am the fairest person in the world! i dislike all humanity with absolute impartiality and without any discrimination as to gender, sexuality, nationality, religion, race, class, religious or political beliefs. Unless you prove me wrong.

  5. #45
    Epsi, I understand you are all excited about this but you should prepare yourself for fact that many people will disagree with you regardless of what you say, be it for valid reasons or not. Thats how it is and it most likely will never change. Losing your temper wont help in convincing them so if you consider some case hopeless, just ignore it. Unless hmm, you like heated discussions, dont know.

    Now when it comes to me at least I can say more or less for sure that I will not play this game. Mainly because its style is not my thing. I have impression that it may be the reason in many other cases. The culture behind it is just pretty different than what some of people are used to and as much as eastern companies may try to westernize their games they will probably not manage to just drop schemes they got used to themselves. Its sort of like speaking in foreign language and trying to get rid of your home accent, not the easiest thing to do.

    Anyway, regardless of that I hope you will have fun with the game mate

  6. #46
    As I read the OPs post toward people the only thing that kept coming to mind were FF14 fan boys. They pretty much responded the EXACT same way this OP does. XD Hyping up things that never actually made it to final cut. Hyping up the game solely based on it's graphics. We all seen on FF14 turned out though....

    Anyway, the game obviously "looks" nice. Most MMOs out of Korea usually look nice. Though the game play is always the same. Grind fest, boring combat, and just overall not engaging. And before OP tries to attack me with "DIS DIFFENT COMPANY. DUN COMPARE." Comparisons are a way of life and, when taken from the past, other comparisons have turned out to be true. Aion is beautiful and honestly was the only other MMO that I had interest in. So sorry if I'm skeptical for another Korean MMO that has me in awe with graphics alone.

    Am I saying TERA is gonna be trash? No. Am I saying it's trying to be a WoW killer? No. Will I at least read/watch reviews of the game? Yeah sure. Looks good enough for me to at least give it that.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I was refering to how that chick looks, catears + tail, really?

    Oh and I just found a great Trailer about TERA voice acting you have to check that shit out, it's fucking hilarious.
    Posting crap must be alot of fun. Anyways, if this voices would be true - the last FGT was nearly a year ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nahak View Post
    oohh my gawddd did you guys see the Panda in the Mystic trailer? u can actually play a panda in that game!
    or you can play some little girl with fox ears/tail.

    im sorry but this MMO is idd another asian mmo with half naked anime chicks and emo dudes who look like woman.
    Or a human, elf... and so on. Just like every other MMOs races. :>

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayl View Post
    As so many others have said, generic Korean MMO 126. Promises so much and delievers nothing, after the first month of release the game will never be heard from again. Those trailers you linked don't look very special really, looks the same as all the other Korean MMOs. Also please stop with the massive fanboyism of another MMO that hasn't been released on a WoW related site, all you will recieve is hate.

    Oh and incoming grind fest.
    * MMO-Champion
    * » Forum
    * » Off-Topic Forums
    * » Video Games

    Hehe, I dont usually like to burst bubbles. But up to this point in time, BlueHole only released content in their trailers which IS actually in game. Unlike Dance Studio, Titan thingy, Aion Visions... you get the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptolemus View Post
    Meh no like. Too flashy, it's like a cake with awesome icing and cherries and biscuits and god knows what else.....it may seem good....but it will kill you over night. This will be another Aion.....lots of fuss and .....dead.

    Warhammer online on the other hand was awesome but they fecked it up. So far the only other mmo i play apart from wow is Eve which is also fun but it has few ppl playing it.
    You didnt even play that game and you know already that it wont make fun? Great common sense you got there.

    There's not even a point to argue with people who didnt even google the game or the company who developes it. How about you stop posting here and keep playing the games you like. :<

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    They are either bullshitting with those minimum requirements, or the game must look pretty shitty on low settings lol.
    That's a joke right...? Wows graphics are only hard on the computer because of how bad the engine is it runs on. You can't really tell how something runs just by how it looks.

    And it's sooo annoying to hear people go on and on about calling others out on their fanboyism when all they do is talk about how much better WoW is.... Yes it's cool, but it's not ungodly amazing. As for the not interesting combat, let's fact it guys. Wows "DPS" and even tanking and healing aspects aren't all that interesting. Push a button in a certain order until boss is dead. Rinse repeat. Please for the love of God stop with the fanboyism on both sides.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-12-30 at 01:53 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I was refering to how that chick looks, catears + tail, really?

    Oh and I just found a great Trailer about TERA voice acting you have to check that shit out, it's fucking hilarious.

    (youtube clip i cant link yet)
    Sorry Epsi, i applaud you effort - but your thread just died with that youtube clip.

    O M F G!
    Lycanthropy @ Twilight's Hammer EU - Worgen Druid
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthropy/simple

  10. #50
    Looks and feels exactly like Aion - my days of Korean grind games are over. They even mention Val'kyr, and a suspicious numer of those NPCs and locations in the video were entirely reminiscent of Aion (think Pandaemonium)

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralion View Post
    Epsi, I understand you are all excited about this but you should prepare yourself for fact that many people will disagree with you regardless of what you say, be it for valid reasons or not. Thats how it is and it most likely will never change. Losing your temper wont help in convincing them so if you consider some case hopeless, just ignore it. Unless hmm, you like heated discussions, dont know.

    Now when it comes to me at least I can say more or less for sure that I will not play this game. Mainly because its style is not my thing. I have impression that it may be the reason in many other cases. The culture behind it is just pretty different than what some of people are used to and as much as eastern companies may try to westernize their games they will probably not manage to just drop schemes they got used to themselves. Its sort of like speaking in foreign language and trying to get rid of your home accent, not the easiest thing to do.

    Anyway, regardless of that I hope you will have fun with the game mate
    Hehe, thanks, mate.

    Just one thing, the people responsible for TERAs westernization also were part of SC/WC/WoW/GW/Xbox Live dev teams (partly in leading positions). The company is called EnMasse Entertainment.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post

    You didnt even play that game and you know already that it wont make fun? Great common sense you got there.

    There's not even a point to argue with people who didnt even google the game or the company who developes it. How about you stop posting here and keep playing the games you like. :<
    Yet you haven't played the game (or haven't said you have as of yet) yet seem to irrationally (and infact start throwing around insults) fight against anything anyone says about the game. People are skeptical, because they have every right to be.

    If you are positive about the game then so be it. Someone else posted on here saying they had followed the game from scratch and couldn't see half the stuff you were on about (custimisation being focal etc), yet you plow on. People may be skeptical but you are biased it seems.

    I will hold judgement until the game has been reviewed by someone who isn't clearly swayed by the fact that everything is INGAME GRAPHICS!

    To the haters: The game may or may not flop. Know that if it doesn't this user will have supported a flop game, and that will be enough. If it succeeds then he tried to tell you.... etc.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    Yet you haven't played the game (or haven't said you have as of yet) yet seem to irrationally (and infact start throwing around insults) fight against anything anyone says about the game. People are skeptical, because they have every right to be.

    If you are positive about the game then so be it. Someone else posted on here saying they had followed the game from scratch and couldn't see half the stuff you were on about (custimisation being focal etc), yet you plow on. People may be skeptical but you are biased it seems.

    I will hold judgement until the game has been reviewed by someone who isn't clearly swayed by the fact that everything is INGAME GRAPHICS!

    To the haters: The game may or may not flop. Know that if it doesn't this user will have supported a flop game, and that will be enough. If it succeeds then he tried to tell you.... etc.
    Where did I insult anyone in this thread? Please quote me on this one. And hell, if I would fight every single person here saying something negative.... duh, not worth it, because they lack the insight and obviously the history about both companies and the game. I dont care about "ololol, generetic asian grind mmo #544512", because this comments are pathetic and I dont have to quote and write how npathetic they are. It would be a waste of time.

    And, honestly, I delivered only facts about the game and only fought fire with fire when I had the intention to. But I previously said, I wont convince anyone playing the game.
    Last edited by Epsi; 2010-12-30 at 02:28 PM.

  14. #54
    I'm not sure that putting so much emphasis on the company who is Westernizing it is doing you any good. It's not like it's some well established company directly responsible for great games in the US. To go even further, the company creating the game really means nothing in most cases. Look at Final Fantasy 14. Square/Squaresoft/SquareEnix has created some of the best games ever, and Final Fantasy 14 sucks.

    Now I'm not a WoW "fanboy", but it's completely understandable why a lot of people are. Tons of MMOs have come out since WoW has, and quite frankly, they all collapse for one reason or another. Generally it's because they try to hide lame gameplay behind pretty graphics. Other times, it's because it's a grindfest.

    In order for a new MMO to be popular/successful, it needs to be MUCH more appealing than WoW. It's sad, but it's true. The vast majority of MMO players in the US play WoW, and they need to make the switch in order for a new game to do well. That just hasn't happened. Not with WAR. Not with AoC. Not with Aion. Not with TERA.

    Unfortunately for other MMO designers out there, WoW is the game to beat, and you aren't going to do it with cheesy girls in thongs and cornerstone characters nobody has ever heard of. Those things might be draws in Asia, but not here.


    Like every other hyped MMO before it, TERA will get a lot of people who purchase the game, play their free month, and then return to WoW. People don't pay a monthly fee just to wait until a company fixes all the random bugs in their game, when there is already a great game out there that's had 6 years of bug fixes and is 100% playable. That's just how it goes. Don't get me wrong, I really wish that another game could give WoW some actual competition, but it isn't going to happen until Blizzard releases their next one.
    Last edited by Elektrik; 2010-12-30 at 02:46 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Posting crap must be alot of fun. Anyways, if this voices would be true - the last FGT was nearly a year ago.
    And by "crap" you mean posting a video from the exact same person all your class videos came from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik View Post
    Unfortunately for other MMO designers out there, WoW is the game to beat, and you aren't going to do it with cheesy girls in thongs and cornerstone characters nobody has ever heard of. Those things might be draws in Asia, but not here.
    Actually I have no problem with the "sexy girl in thongs" theme at all, I'd rather like it if WoW would copy some of that :>
    It just becomes an issue when that is the only fun thing the game has to offer - like in most asian MMOs.

  16. #56
    Too disappointing of an experience with Aion for me to invest any interest in an MMO of this design.

  17. #57
    After your first response to the opinion of a fellow Forum member, I was sure that it'd be best to ignore and close the tab I had opened.
    But all of a sudden I'm on page 3, and while I totally understand your heightened emotions, considering this new and fascinating MMO (the new is almost always fascinating to me, at least), it really would serve you best if you just plainly ignore any generic post, that does not contribute anything to the topic. Meanwhile, I'd also suggest though, that you test yourself for your point of view.

    As fas as I can see, (and I've clicked every link you posted, read most of the information that you appraised beforehand, and watched the nicely done trailers) you've only given source to pages that are either by the company/ies who produce the game (and... want to SELL it... so... they'll surely be postitive about it) and a fanpage ("fan" implying, that they've already made up their opinion about the game and will therefore represent it as such, and strong...). I've googled a bit, and after a few previews that were falsely labled reviews (they're opposites, you know...) I found this one specimen, with which I could not prove what I intentionally wanted to (that an unbiased review looks and even feels different from your presentation here on the Forums), but instead I hope to show you, what most people's critique about your approach here is.

    Exhibit A:

    A - http://forum.mmosite.com/topics/144/...15/4723,1.html

    You don't have to read the whole article (which I did) or even the comments (which I skipped), as I do not plan to give an in-depth analysis of the Article. Just an excerpt of the first paragraph will do:

    "TERA is going to be a great game and you will be disappointed if you do no try it

    Information about the game is hard to get and it's all spread around the internet. By making this thread I hope to inform you a bit more about TERA and hopefully get you a bit excited about the game."

    If you, Epsi, look at this, you'l most certanly nod. It's basically what you implied to a certain degree (even if the quote goes a bit further, trying to "convert" more than to "let enjoy" the reader).
    But maybe you'll too have spotted the logical fallacy, commited by the author.
    If information about the game is scarce, and the game is still in it's developing status, how can the author claim, that the reader would be disappointed (I'd rather say "sorry", but I catch his drift) if he'd not tried the game (in some hypothetical future, as it seems, as the game's not released as of now...)? How can the author be sure? Well, he'll most like be disappointed, after all he heard about it, and all the hype he felt about it, and all the great things that it seems to bring... so... why should the reader feel any different? Why, if he presents them the facts?

    Well... I could start a discussion about taste, or about probabillity, or about perspective, or about the contrast between subjectivity and objectivity... but I'd suggest we just turn the tables.

    I present you, Epsi, with some facts:

    Exhibit B & C:

    B - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Dhy-PRj-I
    C - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9wJZ4e37bI

    Now. This is another comparison. Why a comparison? I want to push your excitement a little bit more. By not just presenting you a single trailer, and hoping for you to enjoy the thoughts of possible things to come and features to explore, I think I can interest you in EvE Online, an established MMO by CCP (based in Iceland, all the important information: http://www.ccpgames.com/en/home.aspx )
    Both trailers fixiate on just one single (easily comparable) aspect of the game. Both trailers show content, that's not older than 1 Month. Both trailers show a product in developement. Both trailers refer to a fact you threw into this discussion.

    Except there are no wings, 1000x more customization than any other MMO will have in the next 10 years and a totally new innovating gameplay.
    No wings, check.
    Totally new innovating gameplay, not presented.
    1000x more customization than any other MMO will have in the next 10 years, ... seems we have a problem here...

    To my view of your argument, you'd much more enjoy EvE Online, in this particular matter. Obviously, the customization there is far more advanced than just dragging sliders and klicking buttons. Isn't it?

    Exhibit D & E:

    D - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/g-...07705?type=flv
    E - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegK7n7C5Z8

    Exhibit D being (as you will have noticed) the trailer you first brought up. With

    *In game graphics, not pre-rendered or something
    content. Whereas Exhibit E - again, EvE Online, by CCP - is also a game trailer that was exclusively rendered in the in-game engine of Eve Online (as fellow EvE players will know from the Fanfest 2008 roundtable, where the editor for these ingame cinematics was explained in detail.) Now, you might argue that "EvE never looks like this! This is not what you experience in the game!". Of course, you don't. It's filmed from different camera angles, your own ship is nowhere to be seen, there's fast cuts and shaky-cam... it's an orhestration of in-game elements. Just as the trailer you showed us. But look at the detail! Look at the vastness of space! That'll surely hook you up to the game, doesn't it?

    I'm not here to insult you (a few words would have sufficed for this) and I sincerely hope that you've read my whole post, because I (other than most, as it seems) have done my reading and watching and I've been putting a lot of effort in this reply. Just to make one thing clear: Maybe, just maybe, you're not really talking about facts. But more or less about your (rightfully motivated) opinion. Which might be a fact in itself, but nothing anyone here has to understand, accept, or even tolerate, for that matter, if it collides with his or her own oppinion.

    my 2 cent

    P.S.: As a German, I will have to apologize for grammatical issues in my wall of text. Oh and... "Castanians"... really? Those Asians are German-o-holics...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Actually I have no problem with the "sexy girl in thongs" theme at all, I'd rather like it if WoW would copy some of that :>
    Yeah I don't have a problem with that either. I was just saying something like that isn't enough to make people leave WoW.

  19. #59
    Support is most important.Aion doesnt have much support and game balance isnt good in my opinion.

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral Lyese's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,185
    Nothing like posting about an upcoming mmo to stir the WoW fanbois. I mean, seriously, when you say "broken promises, doesn't deliver," you must've forgotten 3/4 of LK (Dance Studio, new abilities that weren't implemented, glyphs not meeting design goal, specs that were promised viability that weren't i.e. BM Arms Sub, Wintergrasp only halfway launching that had to be completely overhauled, healing mechanics, undertuned dungeons, Ulduar being the most broken dungeon since BWL). That's just 1 expac. Cata launch isn't as bad, but I still wanted Blinding Shield. Masteries are a huge disappointment for most, Path of the Titans was axed, and Arch was reduced from being sideways progression to vanity/lore, which would be great if the lore wasn't swiss cheesed. Let's also not forget the massive Tol Barad imbalances. Blizz hardly delivers on half the stuff they announce. It took them 6 years to get a decent feel for healing; tanking and dpsing is still boring and repetitive.

    TLDR: Get off Blizz's balls.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •