Poll: Cata Event vs Wrath Event

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This event has nothing of "special", kill elementals every 2 hours and do a few instances, you do it first time, you never do it again.

With the zombies it was amazing 24/7

This event has nothing of "special", kill elementals every 2 hours and do a few instances, you do it first time, you never do it again.

With the zombies it was amazing 24/7
    What did you do in the zombie event? Contract a plague, then make other people get it as well. Also, farm elite ghosts for a couple hours to get remodeled tier 2 karazhan level epics.

I can over simplify things to drive a point home too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grammar View Post
    What did you do in the zombie event? Contract a plague, then make other people get it as well. Also, farm elite ghosts for a couple hours to get remodeled tier 2 karazhan level epics.

I can over simplify things to drive a point home too.
    Didn't say the elemental even is not fun, it's, but just one time what's is the point of doing it two times? also the only interactuation you have is setting barricades and extinguishing fires.

With Zombies you turned into a zombie, turned more PLAYERS (This is very important, interactuation with players) into zombies and run straight to the barrens to make all crossroads a zombiefest, and you could do original and diferent things.

So I'm not saying it's a bad event, but so lineal and less interactive

Didn't say the elemental even is not fun, it's, but just one time what's is the point of doing it two times? also the only interactuation you have is setting barricades and extinguishing fires.

With Zombies you turned into a zombie, turned more PLAYERS (This is very important, interactuation with players) into zombies and run straight to the barrens to make all crossroads a zombiefest, and you could do original and diferent things.

So I'm not saying it's a bad event, but so lineal and less interactive
    You're argument is compelling. I'll agree Cataclysm's release event is linear, but it also serves the purpose of explaining why Deathwing has emerged now. It does a good job of slowly showing the effects of deathwings arrival, and it shows good storyline progression, whereas Zombie Invasion was pretty similar from start to finish.

I think it would be fair to say that you can't fully judge this event till it's over, it's like hating a book when you don't get to the ending that reveals all the secrets. After all part of this event is a giant black dragon erupting from the ground destroying the world and randomly burning zones to the ground in anger, the Lich King just talked a lot and summoned things, never really destroyed anything while he was causing "chaos'.

You're argument is compelling. I'll agree Cataclysm's release event is linear, but it also serves the purpose of explaining why Deathwing has emerged now. It does a good job of slowly showing the effects of deathwings arrival, and it shows good storyline progression, whereas Zombie Invasion was pretty similar from start to finish.
    Yes this event was more of a "lorebased" event while zombie invasion was just a mindless grief fest where I spent most of my time on my flyer in Shatt watching from afar.

So all in all, while this one is less interactive, I prefer this events in depth story over a giant grief fest. Albeit it was pretty damn funny.

But yeah this event is pretty boring kill ele's do bosses once and maybe a few times on lesser geared alts. I still prefer the story behind this event over zombie invasion.

In other words its not always about the interaction its about the story behind the interaction.

Oh and this poll is new and refreshing....
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2010-11-16 at 03:18 AM.

Wrath:

Pros: More interaction with players, more entertaining, lore aspect, nostalgia effect, more/better loot (Vanity Items).
    Cons: On my server, SW, IF, and Shat were wasted 24/7. Had to go to Darn just do auctions and banks. Kills leveling for newbies and alts.

Personal Note: I would log on to just free westfall. Me and my guild would take a party of 5, 4 of which could dispel, and free lowbie areas. We had people complain constantly, but we did it because it was right. Although fun in the beginning, I HATED the wrath event. Near the end, I simply stopped logging on.

Cata:

Pros: Unity with factions, Friendly, Easy Epics, Not constant, Some reused bosses for fun, strong lore connections, great feeling.
    Cons: Will get boring and annoying quick, no vanity items, locks up 2 major cities for a good chunk of time.

So far, I am liking it. I can choose to participate if I want. I don't have my own faction killing me, and is actually stopping the horde on my server from taking over IF and SW for a bit.

I feel in the end, the cata event will be better. It's starting slow but I can only assume it will get a lot better.

Where did I say it's not good in lore terms? pretty good actually, fits perfectly, but is less funny, in terms of lore is 100 times better than the zombies I must say, just more boring

Also, your no you're please....

Quote Originally Posted by chocowin404 View Post
    Deathwings fire is gonna be lame its easily avoidable unlike the plague which you have to take
    its already a proven fact that alot of people fail at avoiding fire

Memory has a tendency to only bring forth periodic experiences. You tend to assosciate the singular best experience of a particular given event with the event as a whole, resulting in people who think that the endless grindfest and broken boss encounters in Vanilla was the apex of wow.

My convoluted rant broken down: People look back on the Wrath event, which was cool for the first couple minutes, and remember a specific, memorable event such as raiding a city. They then use that as an indication that the event was better as a whole.
    Speak for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    This current one is boring.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 04:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    its already a proven fact that alot of people fail at avoiding fire
    This is a fact.
    Player1. WTF healer!
    Healer. I cant heal everyone when your all standing in fire!
    Player1. Oh i thought that was a buff.
    Last edited by sharpy; 2010-11-16 at 04:44 AM.

you do realise this isnt the end world event right? Deathwing ends up flying around azeroth lighting everything on fire.

if u die from it you get a feat of strength too :O

i personally prefer woltk events
    why ?
    well first off the lack of items. all that cataclysm event has given to this point in time is gold and free epics. when i see a player with arcanite ripper using the added in ability i remember. when i see haunted memento i still feel it epic
    (I gave mine to a low level thinking i could get another but my computer crashed and i didnt ;( ) and the tabard and Vampiric Batling are still nice reminders. truth is that 251 gear is gonna disappear about 1 week into expansion and most will never see light of day again. on top of that woltk introduced unique mechaics that changed the game for a bit.
    combine that with the awesome room that housed the cool tenris murkblood.

i did however enjoy the lore with the event and liked the boss designs if heroic and normal dungons are like this in cata i won't mind doing them. i have a feeling the invasions are gonna be more dead then my great great grandparents in 3 days. why ? because it is essentially trash followed by 4 bosses. no new mechanics or reasons aside from event to join in.
    i will say once more i liked the event but it will get flat very fast

This event is unbelievably boring. I'm not engaged at all. It's not even remotely challenging and does not feel threatening.

you gotta be an idiot if you vote for cata the wrath world event happened in october around the time of halloween it matched the holiday perfectly and it was 100000x more fun than the one for cata i mean you turned into zombies FFS you could eat your friends brains even though he was the same faction, zombies from both factions could communicate with each other, there were full fledged zombie raids on major cities, the plague became harder to cleanse as the days went on.... dude it was just better in all kinds of ways, hell if blizz made that into some kind of minigame or just a whole other title i would buy it
    and lets not forget the haunted mementos that will cost 50k gold in the future

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Hakkar blood plague making it out of ZG was far more entertaining than either event imo.

I honestly can not stand this one.

Boring quests. Grinding elementals isn't fun. Retards on my realm never go to TB, so we can't even do the other two instances. Rifts despawn the second you get within killing range.

Lore is great, I actually enjoy it, but I don't play this game for the lore. I play this game because it's a game and it's a fun alternative to mindlessly watching tv. I haven't enjoyed anything in this prelaunch event other than the progression from weak earthquakes to the invasion. Sure the wotlk prelaunch was griefing, but it was fun.

Seriously, if I wanted a lorefest I'd fire up google.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    I honestly can not stand this one.

Boring quests. Grinding elementals isn't fun. Retards on my realm never go to TB, so we can't even do the other two instances. Rifts despawn the second you get within killing range.

Lore is great, I actually enjoy it, but I don't play this game for the lore. I play this game because it's a game and it's a fun alternative to mindlessly watching tv. I haven't enjoyed anything in this prelaunch event other than the progression from weak earthquakes to the invasion. Sure the wotlk prelaunch was griefing, but it was fun.

Seriously, if I wanted a lorefest I'd fire up google.

Well, welcome to a game thats based solely on lore. If you don't like that the content is based around it, well, go play CoD.

99.999999999% of the player base love this game for that simple fact. I for one am one of them.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 08:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tdakara View Post
    The Hakkar blood plague making it out of ZG was far more entertaining than either event imo.
    Yeah Zombie invasion has nothing on this one. That was the funnies bunch of griefing ever.

Memory has a tendency to only bring forth periodic experiences. You tend to assosciate the singular best experience of a particular given event with the event as a whole, resulting in people who think that the endless grindfest and broken boss encounters in Vanilla was the apex of wow.

My convoluted rant broken down: People look back on the Wrath event, which was cool for the first couple minutes, and remember a specific, memorable event such as raiding a city. They then use that as an indication that the event was better as a whole.
    Its also true that people easier remember bad things than good ones. Assuming this and seeing that most people only remember good things about wotlk event leads me to think that wotlk event was much better.

Also, zombie raids werent cool for just a few minutes, i remember doing them almost every day.

But thats not even it. The point is that wrath event was so much different than the rest of the game. It wasnt just randomly spawning killable mobs (and like 90% of the game is about it). It was an event where player landed on the other side.
    Im sure you will admit there was nothing like it in whole WoW before
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.