Poll: Cata Event vs Wrath Event

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Zombie event was epic. But lets be clear that the event is no where near over yet. Once all of Azeroth gets destroyed, I'm sure lots of people will change their mind. Looking forward to the Stormwind changes in the next couple weeks.

Deleted
    I wasn't even there with Wrath so I'm going to have to go with Cata :P

Clearing the rifts past 1:00 is just nearly impossible in the secondary city
    4 districts, 5 rifts per district which spawn 32 elites with 320k hp -> 204M of HP to be nuked down, not fun at all.
    Also portals to counter attack should stay up longer imho , 30 mins ( I think ) isnt exactly a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Well, welcome to a game thats based solely on lore. If you don't like that the content is based around it, well, go play CoD.

99.999999999% of the player base love this game for that simple fact. I for one am one of them.[COLOR="red"]
    HAH, do we even play the same game? 99.99999% of the population play for the lore? I challenge you to walk up to some generic idiot wanding around stormwind without any equipment on and ask them who illidan is, let alone a lore character who appeared before TBC was.

To be honest, this elemental event is lame, as people are saying there's no replay value and fighting bosses I fought back in vanilla that provide no challenge at all is a pretty dull way of introducing cataclysm. Furthermore, the Wrath's event was epic griefing, but it broke people out of routine and a lot of people were actually laughing and enjoying the event. Heaven forbid levelling alts for a week was tough, it's a week.

I for one would love it if the zombie event came back some time around halloween for a day, best day of the year.

EDIT: Also I hate to break it to you guys, but Phase 4 is the final phase before the shattering, this is it. To my knowledge, Deathwing flies around zones randomly after the cataclysm and throughout the expansion, not before it.

The cata even is just not fun enough, from a lore standpoint i think it is amazing. But from a PoV of a regular player i think its pretty boring, fun the first time you have to clear the city with 200+ people but after that it just gets tedious and tiresome to run around and kill elemental's all day.

The cata even is basically just 30 mins of killing trash mobs. Its not really fun even though the elemental's are elites i just don't feel the carnage. I was expecting huge giant elemental's pwning people. Id say the event is a let down compared to what i expected from blizzard.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

The sad thing also is, those elementals don't even aggro on players unless you attack them. It would still be boring compared to the zombie event, but at least it'd be a bit more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Memories of Crossroads being an absolute warzone with all the zombies while me and 3 friends were RAF levelling just won it over for me, fuck ilvl 251 gear, it's 3 weeks to wrath.

where is my tabard dammit!

Or my going into X old raid and get super crazy RP item.

Arcanite Ripper HOOOOOOOOOOOO
    It's face melting time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcfPsGPfOU
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Wrath event had all these awesome little things. Lost letters found on the scourge, the haunted memento (which I still have), a non combat pet, bubble-hearthing paladin trinket, tabard, the guitar thing. Then there was the plague with tons of player interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    HAH, do we even play the same game? 99.99999% of the population play for the lore? I challenge you to walk up to some generic idiot wanding around stormwind without any equipment on and ask them who illidan is, let alone a lore character who appeared before TBC was.

To be honest, this elemental event is lame, as people are saying there's no replay value and fighting bosses I fought back in vanilla that provide no challenge at all is a pretty dull way of introducing cataclysm. Furthermore, the Wrath's event was epic griefing, but it broke people out of routine and a lot of people were actually laughing and enjoying the event. Heaven forbid levelling alts for a week was tough, it's a week.

I for one would love it if the zombie event came back some time around halloween for a day, best day of the year.

EDIT: Also I hate to break it to you guys, but Phase 4 is the final phase before the shattering, this is it. To my knowledge, Deathwing flies around zones randomly after the cataclysm and throughout the expansion, not before it.
    This, this, and this again.

This events been going on for weeks now...gaining a few quests a week, wheres the fun in that? Would have felt alot more chaotic if they had advanced the event at a faster pace, like through 2 weeks instead of 4. And the well fair epics are pointless, not only are most ICC items better, but you will be replacing these items within the first week after cata launches. I would much have rather gotten a tabard or pet off the boss's.

And again to the deathwing point, once deathwing appears the PRE cata event is over, Deathwing causes the cataclysm, so when he appears it is the cataclysm and not PRE cataclysm. By the way, the achievement for getting killed by the fire is supposubly in the exploration section, not FoS, cant confirm that though.

Sooooooo...this last ele invasion is it for the pre launch, and its been pretty lame.

Wrath is 10x better than cata and 20x better than BC (though that tabards use is kinda sexy)

Anyone who says otherwise either

A) wasn't there for it
    B) is a party pooper.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I feel like the Cat event has brought more people together, forming raids to kill the elementals. Not saying wrath wasn't fun, but everyone just ran into the area where the event was going down and just killed things. The Wotlk event did have a set, but it looked stupid and was horrible. The only good thing that came from Wotlk event was the Tabard.
    Cata you dont have to form a raid...Wotlk you did the only people more people are together is because they all had to stop afking in Dalaran and move to Major Cities.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 05:27 AM ----------

tbh i dont even know why they are giving us 251 epics i did a quest in hyjal on the beta and it replaced heroic 25 icc gear FIRST QUEST so tbh is it worth it? A: no

Be bathed in my power! Drink in my might! Battle for the glory of the Horde!