Thread: Idea: Penance.

Idea: Penance.

I was looking at all the discipline priests talk about the lack of AoE healing to the spec. I do think that disc does lack some sort of aoe feature but I don't think it should be as raid effective as the other classes. A new ability entirely would seem to tacky and bulky for the class, so I was thinking this:

Inner focus - Empowers your next penance spell increasing the healing done by each hit by 100% but is split between 3 targets (I would see this ability working like chain heal. 3 targets closest, lowest health first, followed by 2nd lowest, etc.)

Whatcha think mmO?

Given the efficiency of PoH, PoM, insta cast renews, and insta cast shields, Disc has no need of more AoEs. The talk about lack of AoE is most likely jealousy over the OPness of Druids/Pally AoE heals atm. If they are comparing the Disc Toolbox to Holys for AoE...well if that's the case it really isn't talk to be listening to anyways.

Deleted
    Honestly, why would you spec Disc if you want to be AoE raidhealer? You've got holy for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err, Disc gets PW:B for AoE damage stuff already. They're not meant to be AoE healing powerhouses, that's Holy's job. Respec if you want to rock AoE heals.

Discipline also got a big buff to Prayer of Healing recently, where 30% of the heal will always proc Divine Aegis, even if it doesn't crit, as well as the spell itself being buffed. The current Inner Focus is good, too. Free mana cost on a big healing spell will matter in the expansion, and +25% crit to it is always good.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Honestly, why would you spec Disc if you want to be AoE raidhealer? You've got holy for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    Err, Disc gets PW:B for AoE damage stuff already. They're not meant to be AoE healing powerhouses, that's Holy's job. Respec if you want to rock AoE heals.
    Except Discipline already was an "AoE raidhealing powerhouse" in Wrath, and with the new Aegis, it looks quite ridiculous.

Discipline is more than Power Word: Shield. Discipline is more than shitty Atonement. And it can and does pull its weight, in single (at least t11 content, we'll see beyond) and in multi-target environments.

One spec may have one role easier than another, but they both get both jobs done. Speaking otherwise, unless it is proven physically impossible, will be declared as "Spec-Trolling", and is a bannable offense on the Priest boards.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Except Discipline already was an "AoE raidhealing powerhouse" in Wrath, and with the new Aegis, it looks quite ridiculous.

Discipline is more than Power Word: Shield. Discipline is more than shitty Atonement. And it can and does pull its weight, in single (at least t11 content, we'll see beyond) and in multi-target environments.

One spec may have one role easier than another, but they both get both jobs done. Speaking otherwise, unless it is proven physically impossible, will be declared as "Spec-Trolling", and is a bannable offense on the Priest boards.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Surea View Post
    Amen!
    This is just a really bad pun btw,
    on topic, I really don't think disc needs more AoE healing power, and as kelesti said, it pulls its weight, so why do we need to buff it? You do that, other healers are going to scream that it's overpowered.

Deleted
    it would never work, and disc priests are more than fine

Deleted
    I would look really cool, but I think Disc priests got more then enough to manage

Quote Originally Posted by berenzen View Post
    This is just a really bad pun btw,
    on topic, I really don't think disc needs more AoE healing power, and as kelesti said, it pulls its weight, so why do we need to buff it? You do that, other healers are going to scream that it's overpowered.

was never really meant as a pun. English is not my mother language, so I apologise. Just that I agree with Kelesti on that post. And I agree with you as well. There's no need for the extra aoe now, disc looks pretty good right now.

I like the idea of a cleaving penance and balancing it wouldn't be too hard. I do think the changes to POH and divine aegis are good for now though.

Now I'm not a Priest but how would your new IF + Penance be better than IF + Prayer of Healing (+ DA)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyggie View Post
    I was looking at all the discipline priests talk about the lack of AoE healing to the spec. I do think that disc does lack some sort of aoe feature but I don't think it should be as raid effective as the other classes. A new ability entirely would seem to tacky and bulky for the class, so I was thinking this:

Inner focus - Empowers your next penance spell increasing the healing done by each hit by 100% but is split between 3 targets (I would see this ability working like chain heal. 3 targets closest, lowest health first, followed by 2nd lowest, etc.)

Whatcha think mmO?

Don't you touch my penance, ever.

now what they really should do with penance is the same they did to prayer of healing making it so it always proc divine ageis
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    My first impression of this idea is kinda like a chain lightning penance..then I realized that would just be chain heal. I would enjoy penance if it put a strong hot on the target like the one that was removed when they redid chakra this last time. Or I would like to see penance with a splash effect like holy light used to have. Since penance is on CD it wouldn't be extremely overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    My first impression of this idea is kinda like a chain lightning penance..then I realized that would just be chain heal. I would enjoy penance if it put a strong hot on the target like the one that was removed when they redid chakra this last time. Or I would like to see penance with a splash effect like holy light used to have. Since penance is on CD it wouldn't be extremely overpowered.
    what i wanna know is what happen to penance while moving??
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Interesting idea, but I think they should leave Penance alone. It's our cheapest and quickest method for stacking Grace and serves that function well. Disc is probably fine in the raid healing support role now with the recent changes. If they do anything at all, I could see them doing what they did to PoH also to PoM (causing all heals to proc DA instead of just crits). But truly, Disc is in a much better place with regard to raid healing now than when all those posts were made.