Thread: My fault?

15+ Year Old Account

My fault?

So I queue up for the boss in ZF, get in. The tank clears one side of the room and then goes straight for the boss. Doesn't pull it back. After a bit, the pat on the opposite side of the pool come back towards the boss and they get aggro'd. Tank yells who pulled, and I get blamed, which definitely was not me. I was nowhere near that pat, and I say this. The priest (who I honestly thought had pulled as that's what it looked like to me) says that it was my pet's fault. I didn't bother arguing with them, no point in it and we killed the boss anyway.

Honestly, this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. Tank pulls group/boss, doesn't adjust adds, pet aggros another set of adds due to proximity, I get blamed. I still feel my pet didn't aggro in this case, but if he did would it be my fault? Should I, in those cases when I see that the tank has not made "adjustments", simply not send my pet in?

10+ Year Old Account
    The pet is commonly blamed, so just shrug it off. Next time just make sure you position as to never leave any doubt at all.

Pets are an easy scapegoat for pulling anything... I cant tell you how many times Ive been clearing the first room of trash in icc, attempting to go up only one side, and then a boomkin casts starfall and pulls the middle... then when asked in vent who did it, a warlock or hunter pet gets blamed for it.

If I was tanking that I'd be blaming myself.

unless your pet was on aggressive its not your fault, just ignore it, 1 tank can take care of moving ALL the pets by moving the boss, instead of every single player moving their pet manualy, plus I think bliz slightly lowered the aggro range of pets so that mobs attack players instead of pets, to lower the chance of accidents, but that might just be me.

Not sure if this is still the case but back in vanilla pets had a significantly reduced "body pull" aggro radius as compared to players. It should be pretty easy to test if you're curious about it, but I have a feeling it's still the case. Of course, no one knew about it back then, so pets were constantly getting the blame for things that couldn't possibly be there fault.

Deleted
    Definately the tank's fault.

If he isn't smart enough to clear out all of the mobs before the pull, he should at least be prepared to pick any adds up that might join the fight. Blaming others is just a cheap way of getting out of actually becoming a better tank.

If possible, try to save Misdirect for those situations(if it isn't needed for the initial threat for the tank)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My pets been blamed even when it wasn't even summoned due to jumping down a ledge lol, so yes pets are a scapegoat whether they are out or not lol

15+ Year Old Account
    People don't like to take blame for things that don't go completely to plan. Much easier for them to pass it to someone else.
    85 - Strongarm - Orc Hunter
    85 - Belligerence - Tauren Warrior
    85 - Thirdmage - Undead Mage
    85 - Jaedena - Human Mage
    80 - Deepstroke - BE Warlock
    80 - Assmasterson - BE Paladin
    80 - Stoic - Human Warrior
    80 - Abigayle - Gnome Mage

Probably one of the other group members, but pets have been buggy since the latest patches. Also easy adds/bosses are easy.

My hunter have the same pet since he ding lvl 60 (back in 2005) he take the blame for adds pull from Strat and MC to ICC heroics

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes it is your fault is what i would say without reading it, but in the hopes of not getting banned i read your post and it sounds like the tanks fault to me. tank needs to be aware of whats going on and if he thinks something is up then he has to move the boss. also if your pet was on the boss then it couldn't have pulled unless the pat was already that close which once again points the blame to the tank
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

I always blame the pet, even when it's my fault. :3

It's probably just because it's easier to blame it on a pet, like other people had already said.
    It also could have been easily avoided with the tank positioning the boss in a different location.

Also, off topic, how are you liking the cold weather SA has been having this week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjerra View Post
    If I was tanking that I'd be blaming myself.
    same...not ur fault dude dont worry about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelwryn View Post
    is it my fault?

blaaaaaamestooooorrrrrrrmmm!!!

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when is pulling a pack of three 70K mobs an issue?