Cheating mod in pvp?

Hey, I remember my brother talking about a mod some guy had in his guild a year or so ago, and the mod made it so they could track any1 on the mini map/world map as if they were in a party, as long as they had them on their friends list... I thought right away it would be breaking the ToS, but i dont know, any1 know of this mod? and if its still around, not that i want it, just ive been ganking SW lately any they seem to know right where to go when im stealthed, even if its in another area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only works if both people have the mod, and loads of map mods have this. Cartographer for instance.

Theres no program or script in-game that can do that, it will give an idea of what region they're in assuming people in that region are also using said addon, bit like the Carbonite "Punks" thing, but it'd rely off other people to detect the person in that area.

By no program or script I mean one dedicated to that function.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You probably go to obvious places. You can't friend an opposite faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Carbonite and it has something like that., but not sure if thats what you are talking about.

Deleted
    Am sure the other faction have you on they friends list... on a sidenot i know charto had it for the world map

I distinctly remember hearing about something like this, and something tells me somebody did make it, but as to if it still exsists, I have no idea. I tried doing a bit of research (google) on it, nothing though. Like you said though, it may violate the ToS, especially now that you can create Horde and Alliance characters on the same server, no doubt Blizzard would not want this in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykku View Post
    Only works if both people have the mod, and loads of map mods have this. Cartographer for instance.
    Yeah, i remember in BC my guild of the time had everyone get cartographer so the whole guild showed up on your world map.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    Yeah, i remember in BC my guild of the time had everyone get cartographer so the whole guild showed up on your world map.
    thats a cool idea... although a little bit like big brother is watching you! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    You probably go to obvious places. You can't friend an opposite faction.
    Somebody is forgetting about RealID. I would figure there are ways to cheat like this as I see underground miners and the gold farmer floaters in SW all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There use to be an add on that allowed you to see everyone in your guild and friends list but thats all i know of

Its not real ID, and ive been a rogue since vanilla, and i know they cant friend me from alliance to horde, but they whisper me on level ones, and stay logged in.

Carbonite did this. I think it spams a target enemy player type macro then places their dot on the map. Something like this could talk to other copies of the same addon telling them where that enemy was last seen. As far as it being actively updating their location, on your map? I don't think that was ever possible through only an addon.

Deleted
    There IS a mod that allows you to track players on the minimap even if you're not a hunter or feral druid. The pvp guys on my realm have it and they admit to it. I forgot the name, dammit.

You want proof ? Had some toss ups with a warlock in hellfire peninsula. He managed to kill me once but I ressed, mounted up and flew inside the mine near the alliance fortress, to eat up. Exactly 10 seconds later guess who came in ? There is absolutely no way in hell I was being followed as I made sure he isn't following me, this is where I raged at the party chat and the guys told them they all have that add-on which shows enemy players on the minimap.

No, it's not carbonite. I remember it had a wierd name and I looked it up on Curse and it was there. Gah, I forgot the name as it really didn't interest me.

As far as I know they specifically removed the functionality for this years ago, it is possible to track friendlies but not enemies anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    There IS a mod that allows you to track players on the minimap even if you're not a hunter or feral druid. The pvp guys on my realm have it and they admit to it. I forgot the name, dammit.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=42997
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

Deleted
    There used to be addons such as VanasKoS and various book of the dead addons which could play a sound and a minimap 'general area' indicator of anyone with that addon saw the player in question, I'm pretty sure they were broken at around 2.4 however.

Also the mine at honor hold is the obvious place to go in that situation, it proves nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc938eb18a14; 2010-11-16 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    As far as I know they specifically removed the functionality for this years ago, it is possible to track friendlies but not enemies anymore
    Can you give more info on this? Technically they are still tracking 'friendlies' by logging into the same faction as me, and possibly /friending me to find my location.
    Last edited by Sun-Ra; 2010-11-16 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yaba View Post
    This is probably what allowed him to track you down, Blackened Worg Steaks. With a bit of cleverness on his part taking a guess you would take cover in the town, and with the aid of that food buff (Technically in this situation, he could guess you'd be in town and not need it anyways), finding you would be relatively easy. I use the steaks myself when I go out ganking, very helpful xD