Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanai View Post
    Or they'll be just let in, but won't be able to take any quest and get killed anyways?
    i remeber the first day i bought wrath. i was still a low lvl ally mage. decided to catch the boat to NR and walked around a bit. then was murdered by a wolf or something. and everyone says wrath was an easy xpansion

Didn't blizzard say archaeology would be available for players who hadn't bought cataclysm, as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC View Post
    Didn't blizzard say archaeology would be available for players who hadn't bought cataclysm, as well?
    Not that I ever saw, but they've definitely said it required Cataclysm a couple times.

So since I have a somewhat similar question, I feel theres no need to open another thread. I wanted to know if this patch has all Cataclysm on it. I might get a digital key from somewhere else (can't get it with blizzard), so wanted to know if with the data i have right now I'll be able to go into the new zones make a goblin/worgen, etc. That comes with Cataclysm

Goblins, Worgen and 80+ area's only become available at Cata launch, even if you've already upgraded you account.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Not that I ever saw, but they've definitely said it required Cataclysm a couple times.
    "
    Using archeology before the expansion was something we talked about, but ended up adding everything about the profession to the "post sundered" world. Thus, you won't be able to use archeology before the sundering happens. "

After the sundering they're saying, which is what I heard a few times, myself - This suggests without the expansion, I think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC View Post
    "
    Using archeology before the expansion was something we talked about, but ended up adding everything about the profession to the "post sundered" world. Thus, you won't be able to use archeology before the sundering happens. "

After the sundering they're saying, which is what I heard a few times, myself - This suggests without the expansion, I think?
    That quote is rather vague, but if it isn't available on the PTR than it won't be available on live either.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the new worgen and goblin models for NPCs?

I don't think learning Archeology will require you to buy Cata. You'll just have to wait for Cata to be released. You could learn JC after BC came out even if you didn't buy BC, same with inscription. I remember being able to learn Inscription before Wrath.... not sure if JC was the same way though. I think what is confusing everyone is that Archeology won't be available until Cata is released, unlike the past expansions.

It would be kinda weird to have to be level 80 to start learning a profession imo. But I could be wrong about all of this as I am assuming, which we all know is a dangerous thing to do :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
    I don't think learning Archeology will require you to buy Cata. You'll just have to wait for Cata to be released. You could learn JC after BC came out even if you didn't buy BC, same with inscription. I remember being able to learn Inscription before Wrath.... not sure if JC was the same way though. I think what is confusing everyone is that Archeology won't be available until Cata is released, unlike the past expansions.

It would be kinda weird to have to be level 80 to start learning a profession imo. But I could be wrong about all of this as I am assuming, which we all know is a dangerous thing to do :-)
    JC required the expansion; there were no trainers except in BC zones.

JC required the expansion; there were no trainers except in BC zones.
    And still aren't in old Azeroth, which is quite annoying considering inscription :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    And still aren't in old Azeroth, which is quite annoying considering inscription :>
    There's a JC trainer in New Orgrimmar. I'm assuming there's one in Stormwind too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    I was running around in beta and I can confirm that Hyjal, Uldum, and Twilight Highlands can be accessed by land. Vash'jir and Deepholm are inaccessible because you'd either drown swimming for the former, or won't be able to access the portal for the latter. Maybe the gates that lead to the other three zones will be phased locked for non-cata users.
    Right now no new zone is accesible by land on PTR, and PTR is what we will get before launch of cata, ogrimmar portals arent there, theres no boat to Vash'jir, Dragonmaw gates on way to Twilight Highlands are closed, Uldum entrance from Tannaris is still hidden (you can see it on map as undiscovered bit of mountains, but when you get there, theres nothing but rock wall) and theres also No-Man's-Land teleport, in one point in tannaris i managed to join Uldum general chat and in next sec i was ported about 20 yards back. Also if you want to take sneak peek by flying from one vanilla zone to another by choosing FP thats fly above Twilight Highlands, you got dismounted from FP and teleported to Wetlands

There's a JC trainer in New Orgrimmar. I'm assuming there's one in Stormwind too.
    Ye its supposed to be, but i couldnt find it in Ogr, seems its one of bugs, you ask guard and he points you wrong way
    (IE i asked for JC trainer was pointed to place where before was Mining trainer, and now theres nothing there, asked for Valley of Honor Inn was pointed to one in Valley of Strength)
    Last edited by Zerel; 2010-11-19 at 05:44 AM.