Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Cata and Rogue dmg.

For those on the beta realms, how is it looking for Rogues on Recount? Let's face it in WOTLK we were dia on the meters compared to basically every class.

Are we able to compete for the top spot again? Or is it not happening?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    For those on the beta realms, how is it looking for Rogues on Recount? Let's face it in WOTLK we were dia on the meters compared to basically every class.

LOL from about Ulduar onwards untill the 4.0.1 patch Rogues have been the highest single target DPS class. So if you wasnt any good in LK expect to be a little lower in Cata to start before getting a buff for second patch and ending up in the top4 pure classes as usual.

Did you play a rogue in Wotlk? Top dps throughout Naxx overall and single target and then top single target with Ass and combat was excellent overall dps. Also pretty much owned most of TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Did you play a rogue in Wotlk? Top dps throughout Naxx overall and single target and then top single target with Ass and combat was excellent overall dps. Also pretty much owned most of TBC
    What are you talking about? rogues were terrible during naxx unless they abused the HAT bug, and even then that didn't last very long. Rogues did well during ulduar because of buffs and an amazing t8 4p bonus. During toc rogues started to fall behind a bit but were then buffed again in preparation for icc.

Rogues have a terrible history of being low dps the first tier of an expansion and then getting buffed later on. Combat is clunky and low dps on the beta, assassination is "decent" but still not where it should be, same for sub spec.

Beta has a lot of glaring class balance issues that I am expecting will simply make it to live because of obvious time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrea View Post
    What are you talking about? rogues were terrible during naxx unless they abused the HAT bug, and even then that didn't last very long. Rogues did well during ulduar because of buffs and an amazing t8 4p bonus. During toc rogues started to fall behind a bit but were then buffed again in preparation for icc.

Rogues have a terrible history of being low dps the first tier of an expansion and then getting buffed later on. Combat is clunky and low dps on the beta, assassination is "decent" but still not where it should be, same for sub spec.

Beta has a lot of glaring class balance issues that I am expecting will simply make it to live because of obvious time constraints.
    We always end up at the top and I was the only rogue in my guild raiding at the time of naxx and was way ahead with a Ass spec... so not sure wot ur on about... maybe ur were playing combat which only came into its own when ToC was released.

We always end up at the top and I was the only rogue in my guild raiding at the time of naxx and was way ahead with a Ass spec... so not sure wot ur on about... maybe ur were playing combat which only came into its own when ToC was released.
    I raided as sub, combat, and assassination. HaT was competitive beyond the bug only if you had the proper group setup, which I did not (and most rogues did not, either.) The rest of the specs were well behind a bulk of the dps from my experiences. Granted, my guild had absolutely amazing dps at the time, but a lot of my rogue mates shared similar experiences as well.

I forgot to mention this is purely 25 man dps, as I did not have a 10 man group at the time.
    Last edited by Eldrea; 2010-11-16 at 12:23 PM.

Yeah i never had the opportunity of trying out that HaT bug... would of been nice to see, but Fan of Knives was broken and i had that on a weapon swap with swords cos they didnt have increased % with daggers yet. Both swords with instant poisons... only an uber kitted Lock that competed with me on some fights... thing with Nax was there was soo much opportunity for AOE dmg. That being sed i was top on Patchwerk and Thadius and we were clearing Naxx so we all had decent kit.

Deleted
    That only means your other DPSers weren't good. Rogues (other than bugged HAT) were terrible in Naxx. A lot of parses from good guilds didn't lie.

We were good in ulduar. In late ToC warriors/DKs/mages(?) were close or better. We got DP buff just before ICC and we were quite good (even after quick hotfix nerf), but with 277 gear we were clearly behind at least mages and warriors - by a lot.

Edit: and no, combat didn't "came to its own when ToC was released" it became good with ulduar (lightning reflexes giving haste, reduced cooldowns, +20% dmg on killing spree, 4xt8)
    Last edited by mmoc690e711bc5; 2010-11-16 at 12:46 PM.

Honestly, rogues had a good expansion. Ulduar, we were pretty strong, some of our best patch. ToC we still managed to do top-damage, but ofcourse had some problems with other classes. ICC our rogues could pull 9-11k easily on Saurfang in ToC Gear, and our rogue were an IRL goblin who spend his badges on Primodial Saronites, yet no one cared, because he could top the meters. Even a T8 geared rogue camed up and competed at 2-4 spot at all times.

But put it PvP way, we were abit suckish. Plate were a no-go. Clothies we could manage, but we didn't have high standard damage and low survival. Cataclysm seems to fix it, with all the survival, Recuperate and short cd sprints.

Our guild was doin ok at the time... i didnt do much in uld.. as we had the inevitable guild split, but when Toc cam out combat def pulled ahead Ass, but i just cant get on with combat... I fall asleep playing combat.

But was def doin 4k+ in Naxx which before the release of Uld was pretty decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop going off topic please >_< OP is asking about the beta, not how Rogues did in WotLK..

@OP: Are you looking for certain numbers, or just how rogues are doing in the different specs etc?

DPS per spec is like this atm: Ass>Combat>Mut. I've had swings of up to 1,5k between ass and combat during the last couple of weeks in the beta, in favor of assasination ofc. I haven't been able to test the in the recent beta build, but i don't think anything has change. On the charts, rogues are not on the top! It kinda shifts which class is doing the most dps in each build, but so far, rogues haven't been in the top 3, and are struggling to stay in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Brixen View Post
    DPS per spec is like this atm: Ass>Combat>Mut. I've had swings of up to 1,5k between ass and combat during the last couple of weeks in the beta, in favor of assasination ofc. I haven't been able to test the in the recent beta build, but i don't think anything has change. On the charts, rogues are not on the top! It kinda shifts which class is doing the most dps in each build, but so far, rogues haven't been in the top 3, and are struggling to stay in the top 5.
    Ass>Com>Sub?

Deleted
    Well on world of logs, I don't see Rogues on top there, for ICC, that's more what I was referring to. It seems to be dominated by mages, locks, DK's the odd warrior, druid and shaman.

I only played up to Ulduar, after I done Yogg I stopped and I only started playing recently again - yes as a Rogue, and from what I hear Rogues aren't performing very well atm, DK's Warrior, Mages and Locks are generally top

Hence I wanted to know if thats changed in the beta atm

Rogues have been fine for most of the Expansion. It's not looking that bad in Cata from what I see of Paragon videos. People are blowing this way out of proportion - Yes, our main feature is damage and we could do with a bit more atm, but it's not that bad, it's not like we're broken (Outside Combat).

Alexi, the top DPS on WoL is done by people who had everyone put their hysteria etc on them and they made perfect scenario to get crazy DPS, don't take it as a source.

Deleted
    DK's Warrior, Mages and Locks are generally op
    Fixed that one for you, no need to thank.

SOOOO, how are rogues in the beta??? I think that was the question. WE know about this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithios View Post
    SOOOO, how are rogues in the beta??? I think that was the question. WE know about this expansion.
    As intended...
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...85022&sid=2000

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki1664 View Post
    LOL from about Ulduar onwards untill the 4.0.1 patch Rogues have been the highest single target DPS class. So if you wasnt any good in LK expect to be a little lower in Cata to start before getting a buff for second patch and ending up in the top4 pure classes as usual.
    I think its more likely that you are just raiding with baddies. Those of us raiding with skilled players know we didn't have the highest single target dps in ICC before or after the patch. Sure if you raid with those same people you may only be a little lower on the damage meter, but for those of us with skilled dpsers in our raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    That only means your other DPSers weren't good. Rogues (other than bugged HAT) were terrible in Naxx. A lot of parses from good guilds didn't lie.

We were good in ulduar. In late ToC warriors/DKs/mages(?) were close or better. We got DP buff just before ICC and we were quite good (even after quick hotfix nerf), but with 277 gear we were clearly behind at least mages and warriors - by a lot.

Edit: and no, combat didn't "came to its own when ToC was released" it became good with ulduar (lightning reflexes giving haste, reduced cooldowns, +20% dmg on killing spree, 4xt8)
    sounds more like it was a scaling issue...you know, that thing blizzard has said warriors and casters were having? too much scaling in later parts of wotlk, made em OP, keeping an eye on it haste and such.

dont get me wrong, combats conflicting mechanics is a different thing all together. But, it was because casters and warriors kept scaling while rogues reached a highpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    sounds more like it was a scaling issue...you know, that thing blizzard has said warriors and casters were having? too much scaling in later parts of wotlk, made em OP, keeping an eye on it haste and such.

dont get me wrong, combats conflicting mechanics is a different thing all together. But, it was because casters and warriors kept scaling while rogues reached a highpoint.
    Thats not really fair to say its a simple scaling problem of those classes at the end of the expo due to haste. If blizz didn't constantly buff us, we would have been behind the whole time. Warriors also got a pretty big nerf early on. So no, it wasn't a simple matter of gear scaling for them, but a clear problem of us being undertuned to start with.