Deleted

Achievement changes?

Hey guys, was just wondering what achievements are being removed with Cata, do we know yet?

I have an 80 Rogue with a bunch, but I'm levelling a new Rogue with my other half. I'll stick to this Rogue if there's only removals in achievements, as I'll be able to get the achievements again.

Will the hard modes in WOTLK still be available etc? The glory of the raider/dungeons n all that?

Thanks a lot in advance! <3

Deleted
    I could copy-paste this stuff but, then you will never learn to google :')

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    while we are at the achivements. anyone know if Loremaster will be a FOS along with The Explorer? will there be new titles for cata or will they remain the same.? i know that all the old zone will have achivements when you complete a certain number of quests. if you alreadt have The Loremaster, do you need to complete all the new quests to get the zone achivement?

Almost no talents that haven't allready been changed stays the same (including rewards), except for Dedicated Insanity (10) and Herald of the Titants which becomes FoS. And the quest achis changes.

Deleted
    So the hardmode WOTLK raid achievements are sataying through Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Bitch View Post
    while we are at the achivements. anyone know if Loremaster will be a FOS along with The Explorer? will there be new titles for cata or will they remain the same.? i know that all the old zone will have achivements when you complete a certain number of quests. if you alreadt have The Loremaster, do you need to complete all the new quests to get the zone achivement?
    They wont get removed, if you have the achievment already you'll keep it.
    But with the Loremaster, say you are at 689/700 as horde in Kalimdor (Don't know the real numbers, just an estimate) when 4.0.3a comes out You'll "loose" those quests (also for The Seeker) and have to start all over.

Deleted
    I mean, will the hardmode WOTLK achievements still be obtainable by people who haven't got them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    But with the Loremaster, say you are at 689/700 as horde in Kalimdor (Don't know the real numbers, just an estimate) when 4.0.3a comes out You'll "loose" those quests (also for The Seeker) and have to start all over.
    Can you link where you read that info plz mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourjin View Post
    Can you link where you read that info plz mate?
    I've tried searching for it but can't find the blue post, it was some months ago though.

The new Loremaster will be like how Outlands and Northrend was made with a fixed amount of quests in a zone you need to complete (Like "To Hellfire and Back" which requires 90 quests to be completed (H)) <- Ask any on Beta and they can confirm this

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    So, if I dont want to lose part of the 1200/1400 quests that I've finished for this ach. I've got to do my remaining 200+ quests before Tuesday & the release of 4.0.3a??? QUAP!

Deleted
    Say goodbye to:

Undying. Immortal. Champion of Ulduar. Conqueror of Ulduar. He Feeds on Your Tears 10 and 25. Tribute to Insanity. Tribute to Immortality.

Also wave farewell to:
    Zul'gurub and associated mounts. The mounts from the tribute runs. Most likely Mimirions Head and Invincible will be a 1% droprate.

And while we're at it:
    Hero of the Zandalar Tribe is also removed and made into a FoS. Shen'dralar Reputation too. And if you did the Scepter Chain you'll also get a FoS.

That would be the major ones. There's alot, alot more of things which change.

Deleted
    They are in the patch notes fellow

Quote Originally Posted by only4lightn View Post
    So, if I dont want to lose part of the 1200/1400 quests that I've finished for this ach. I've got to do my remaining 200+ quests before Tuesday & the release of 4.0.3a??? QUAP!
    Yes and no. Whatever quests you completed for that that are being removed would no longer count towards your completed quests. Say you did the assorted ZG quests (Bijou for Zanza, Collection of Heads, 3 class Paragons, 4-pt Epic neck, Heart of Hakkar quests). That would be 10 more quests you would have to cover someplace else. I didn't add the rest as they're repeatable ones and wouldn't count towards Lore/Seeker anyways.

If you currently are close to Loremaster of EK/Kalimdor, you should really push towards getting it prior to whenever 4.0.3a will drop, which will be soon.

Deleted
    how come there are no quest achievements for starting areas? that sucks, i hoped that cata would make it easy to track how many quests you need
    to do in each region, but it seems that the starting areas are not covered wth?

an example of a similiar achievement - Badlands Quests - Complete 35 quests in Badlands.

Starting areas are part of a larger zone: Human starting area is part of Elwynn Forest, Night Elf is part of Teldrassil, etc.

And it looks like I need to rescind part of my previous post:
    Whatever quests you completed for that that are being removed would no longer count towards your completed quests.
    From wow.joystiq.com's Overachiever article posted today:
    What's happening with Loremaster? Do I have to start all over again if I don't already have it?

Nope. In a nutshell, whatever you've already done isn't taken away from you, but how much you have left to do is subject to change. If you already have one or more of the meta-achievements, you'll still have them post-patch (e.g., Loremaster of Kalimdor, Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms). If you've done, say, 529 quests toward Loremaster of the Eastern Kingdoms, you'll have those 529 quests credited to you, but the number of quests you have to finish for each achievement has probably changed. However, that's where things get hairy, as you won't have credit for any of the new quests introduced, but you still won't be starting from scratch.

A Horde character before the patch needs 685 quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor and 550 quests for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms. An Alliance character needs 700 quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor and 700 quests for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms.

Post-patch, that same Horde character will need 624 quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor (split across 13 zones, each with its own achievement) and 603 quests for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms (split across 14 zones, each with its own achievement). The Alliance character will need 714 quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor (split across 13 zones, each with its own achievement) and 648 quests for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms (split across 14 zones, each with its own achievement). The Outland and Northrend quest requirements appear to be unchanged for the moment. With the Cataclysm zones becoming a requirement for Loremaster, it's possible that the title may be briefly unattainable by players between patch 4.0.3a (if all of these changes go live then) and Cataclysm's release.
    So removed quests will count towards their respective areas' Lore achieves; not sure how this affects dungeon quests, as they originally counted towards Lore for the continent the dungeon was located on. Most likely, post 4.0.3a, you'll have quite a few zone Lore achieves, and the new quests should make Lore achieves for the zones you don't have a little simpler.

Deleted
    yeah but there are no elwynn forest, teldrassil, durotar quest achievements, or are they not implemented yet? thats what I call starting areas :P