Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Grats.

    Strange as it may seem, many folks not in a raiding team have yet to see LK down. On the servers I play on LK pugs are rare, at best they usually get to Blood Queen or Sindy.

    I'm not part of a raiding team (though my guild raiding team have had LK heroic on farm for a while now). Doing ICC once a week at most with the other non-raiding members and alts, and often with a few randoms thrown in, I've yet to see LK down, though I'm feeling confident about this weekends run.

    I still think out of the general playerbase, and certainly on the realms I play, there are more people who don't have Kingslayer than those who do. So even now killing LK is something that should give some semblence of satisfaction.

  2. #122
    High Overlord Snowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    173
    Hellagrats man, really happy for you!

  3. #123
    Gz on the kill. It's always nice to be able to finish the story.

    For those of you still needing it. I'm sure there is a guild selling boosts to LK. My guild sells LK HC Bane title for 50k. I'm sure there's guilds doing similar on your server.

  4. #124
    almost same story here, difference got KS10 from a PUG :P
    too bad my previous guild downed LK25 2 days after i left

  5. #125
    Gratz mate ...

    For those haters .. dont u love them ? they criticize and im almost 100% sure they do the same things u do.

  6. #126
    Stood in the Fire Koilie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    <vodka> on Stormrage US
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    I have a whole bunch of healbot macros but not so many for my dps spec.
    Sall good man. I'm not hatin on ya. It's nice that you are proud of your accomplishment even if many consider it late and think you do not deserve it because of the style of play you choose.

    Just be open to suggestion and don't be afraid to try new things out. You may find more enjoyment. I know when I get a new UI all worked out It's so damn satisfying. After 4.0.1 hit and my UI went straight to hell I got to work constructing the new one I posted earlier. Spent hours and hours on making it just right and then I tweaked it for days after. Still tweaking it tbh. I love making custom UI's though. It's kinda my thing. I post my packs on Curse and such. Some don't care for em though. I respect that. Don't worry about those that think that your garbage because you don't play to their standards.

    If you were raiding with them and not performing to their standard well then it would be well within their right to speak up about it, but as you are not, fuck em :-p

  7. #127
    Grats, you've done better than me! I've been a hardmode raider at Ulduar, and in one of the strongest guilds on my server. My guild crashed, and quickly went over to the guild just below our level. The guild then again crashed after some time. That's twice, and both time i've had loads of DKP, but i've actually never managed to get anything in ToC, except a chest and trophies. My gear quickly went behind after ICC were released, the guild were loaded on Mages, and the only guilds i could've come in, were "Friendship Before Glory" guilds that were raiding when they had 25 man or did it 2 times a week for 2½ hour. Then i snapped, quit raiding, quit generally WoW. It was January-February, so about 9-10 months ago, when i think about it. I really miss the endgame raid, but theres just zero purpose in getting into a low raiding guild, and i have problems getting a guild that are ready to raid to Cataclysm because of my slack gear.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    Sall good man. I'm not hatin on ya. It's nice that you are proud of your accomplishment even if many consider it late and think you do not deserve it because of the style of play you choose.

    Just be open to suggestion and don't be afraid to try new things out. You may find more enjoyment. I know when I get a new UI all worked out It's so damn satisfying. After 4.0.1 hit and my UI went straight to hell I got to work constructing the new one I posted earlier. Spent hours and hours on making it just right and then I tweaked it for days after. Still tweaking it tbh. I love making custom UI's though. It's kinda my thing. I post my packs on Curse and such. Some don't care for em though. I respect that. Don't worry about those that think that your garbage because you don't play to their standards.

    If you were raiding with them and not performing to their standard well then it would be well within their right to speak up about it, but as you are not, fuck em :-p
    I'm not top DPS but I'm not usually at the bottom either, usually somewhere inbetween.

  9. #129
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorina View Post
    just to tell you man , its not wierd that you downed him now. I can see you suck badly becuse you dont have anything binded ! that is FKN must ! AND you have ,,attack'' on keybinding 1 ! please fix this shit !!!! ur disgusting me
    maybe its just the way ive always played the game, or how my hand sits on my keyboard, and maybe i got used to never using my '1' key, but ive bound my least used attack to my 1 key (or spell) on all my characters. i dont think i have anything bound on my hunter to #1, my paladin has judgement sitting there (holy), my DK has grip, druid...faerie fire (balance)?!...

    my most used buttons are 3 thru 6 i believe, and then 'heavy' use of my keypad buttons. i say heavy, because those are most of my cooldowns, taunts, call/dismiss pets, and in general rarely used keybinds that i can pull my hand off the mouse to use every once in a while.

    OT: grats on the kill. i have kingslayer on 2 of my 80's (one from 25, one from 10), dont care about getting it on my druid, and came close to solo healing the fight after our disc priest DCd and died at the first transition in our 10man on my paladin months ago. that was also the last time we did LK as a guild (disbanded after the non-kill), and i wish we could have finished him up. healing is the only role i havent killed him with and wish'd i had.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    Grats, you've done better than me! I've been a hardmode raider at Ulduar, and in one of the strongest guilds on my server. My guild crashed, and quickly went over to the guild just below our level. The guild then again crashed after some time. That's twice, and both time i've had loads of DKP, but i've actually never managed to get anything in ToC, except a chest and trophies. My gear quickly went behind after ICC were released, the guild were loaded on Mages, and the only guilds i could've come in, were "Friendship Before Glory" guilds that were raiding when they had 25 man or did it 2 times a week for 2½ hour. Then i snapped, quit raiding, quit generally WoW. It was January-February, so about 9-10 months ago, when i think about it. I really miss the endgame raid, but theres just zero purpose in getting into a low raiding guild, and i have problems getting a guild that are ready to raid to Cataclysm because of my slack gear.
    What people considers "slack gear" annoys me. My paladin has an average ilevel 245 mostly TOC 25 stuff, and I got told by some random ICC tank in an elemental invasion que that my gear was terrible and he didnt want to reque with me.

    I was like WTF my gear isn't that bad

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    My Uldular experience is of nothing but weeklies.
    I feel really bad for you, you missed out on the best raid out the by far.

    grats on your kill though.

  12. #132
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevensin View Post
    Gratz mate ...

    For those haters .. dont u love them ? they criticize and im almost 100% sure they do the same things u do.
    Because we all know, everyone keybinds 1 to auto attack amirite?

  13. #133
    Why is this in raid US first kills?

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    Why is this in raid US first kills?
    A kitten dies every time this question is asked.

  15. #135
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sweden.
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    they have trolls in iceland?
    Frost Trolls, I heard they also live in Tibia>_<
    HEHE, bad joke is bad.

    But, congrats on your kill OP! I recently downed him too, about a month ago, was away for 11 months.
    Never been in ICC, pugged on my friends warlock about 5 months ago, tought it was rather fun..
    but didn't buy playtime to my toon until 3 months later, downed LK with 4.8k GS and a steady 9.5k dps! Ele shaman.
    7-11 never stop

  16. #136
    Since u deleted your UI and I can't take a look at it ( for the lulz ) I'll just pretend your binds are like one shadow priest that joined my guild and posted his UI with auto attack bound to 1. He bragged he was bad because of his lag, but once we saw his UI we kicked him for being bad. Shits just fucking hilarious, bad players troll themselves so gud lolz.

  17. #137
    /envy

    I'm in the most elite Aliiance raiding guild on my server and I've never laid eyes on the Lich King, 10 or 25 man.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by tonit View Post
    Since u deleted your UI and I can't take a look at it ( for the lulz ) I'll just pretend your binds are like one shadow priest that joined my guild and posted his UI with auto attack bound to 1. He bragged he was bad because of his lag, but once we saw his UI we kicked him for being bad. Shits just fucking hilarious, bad players troll themselves so gud lolz.
    Its people like you that make me sad to be a WoW player. You should no more judge a person by their UI than you do from their gearscore.

    Its real world performance that matters.

  19. #139
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,485
    This just goes to show that for everyone complaining about "lack of content" and how "everyone is bored to tears" there are infact still people who achieve things.

    Gratz.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonit View Post
    Since u deleted your UI and I can't take a look at it ( for the lulz ) I'll just pretend your binds are like one shadow priest that joined my guild and posted his UI with auto attack bound to 1. He bragged he was bad because of his lag, but once we saw his UI we kicked him for being bad. Shits just fucking hilarious, bad players troll themselves so gud lolz.
    I think we can all assume that you are also just a different form of gud lolz...or are you among the first who downed every boss worldwide first to look down on others. I am sure that you are just as pathetic with your guild and skills to loads of top guilds.
    Last edited by det; 2010-11-16 at 01:04 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  20. #140
    I truly congratulate you on your lich king kill.. sounds like you need it.. though a few things that my OCD jumped on your staff on the bars and the fact that you didn't spec for sin and punishment (awesome dps cooldown with shadow fiend)

    but really Congratz ; )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •