Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Death Knight DS RT Heals Lowered on Beta

Can the experts confirm?

Last edited by towelliee; 2010-11-16 at 12:04 PM.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

12k does not look like 10% of your health imo..........* CRYING*, srly they nerfed EVERY class self healing so I am not surprised at this we will see how it is when it goes live.

Could you clarify more in text instead of just posting a video, as we can not all watch YouTube at work.

For example: How much HP does the DK have and how much is the DS healing for?

I assume its on a dummy so this should be the standard 10% minimum heal?

Please what UI pack are you using and what is the combo/holu point bar you got i simply love it

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Could you clarify more in text instead of just posting a video, as we can not all watch YouTube at work.

For example: How much HP does the DK have and how much is the DS healing for?

I assume its on a dummy so this should be the standard 10% minimum heal?
    Dk got 174.9k health and DS heal for 12240

looks like 7% instead of 10 and this is probably talented (talented its lill more then 10%)
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2010-11-16 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Please what UI pack are you using and what is the combo/holu point bar you got i simply love it

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 06:49 AM ----------

Dk got 174.9k health and DS heal for 12240
    This is utter bollocks.

This means our Blood Shield is also effected -.-

Talented does not effect the 7% heal that only affects the 30% from damage taken in last 5 seconds

he has 176,863k

This is utter bollocks.

This means our Blood Shield is also effected -.-
    Yup since we didnt saw this anywhere its probalbly just a bug ( one can hope )

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Talented does not effect the 7% heal that only affects the 30% from damage taken in last 5 seconds

he has 176,863k
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81138 would like to have a word with you and if you are right it should be explained somewhere because it clearly say that it improve heal of DS this woud mean any DS healing is improved ( I know you are right but its just blizzard stupid tooltip that isnt right).

But i know the 7% just affect the blood shield ( i was talking about the heal) but the shield is what really matter because the heal isnt really something huge atm
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2010-11-16 at 12:07 PM.

Has the Tooltips been updated on Beta to say 7% or does it still say 10%?

I realize this but I am telling you from testing in Beta and from WoW tanking forums posts the talented boost only affects the 30% extra from damage.

The 45% Talent only affects heals AFTER the original 10% (now 7%).

I thought this was common knowledge?

Has the Tooltips been updated on Beta to say 7% or does it still say 10%?
    still say 10 for DS and 15% for rune tap.

The video works again I have 174,863 * .07 = 12240 which is what I am getting per DS

Death Strike has indeed had it's heal lowered
    @ 100,000 health you receive a 7,000 heal (7%)

still say 10 for DS and 15% for rune tap.

The video works again I have 174,863 * .07 = 12240 which is what I am getting per DS
    And rune tap???

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    And rune tap???
    Rune Tap heals me for 17400 or so which is 10% of what I have in video.

Rune Tap heals me for 17400 or so which is 10% of what I have in video.
    Lets just hope they screwed I just hate what they did with self healing overall, and especially with blood tank ability to sustain themselves, they do not want us to be able to solo anything now. Its not like we wont be able but it will clearly be harder.

i dont think its that big of a deal, on my dk tank (live) in pvp this fury warrior on our server with full 277 gear nuked me down to like 20% health with like 3 shots. Did a quick deathstrike that healed me for 27k or somewhere close to that (i may have gotten some tiny heals from around me to allow me to take more damage increasing the heal)

Plus in the video you have 174k health in the first tier of raiding gear? The first tier, so i see the nerf as not healing too much now (in beta) but will scale quickly.

in wotlk 20k health for tanks in heroics, 30k in naxx 10/25 (buffed) all the way up to 50k unbuffed. Probably see the same kind of jumps in health.

if im not making too much sense its because its early lol
    Robot #1: Administer the test.
    Robot #2: Which of the following would you most prefer? A: a puppy, B: a pretty flower from your sweetie, or C: a large properly formatted data file?
    Robot #1: Choose!
    Fry: Uh, is the puppy mechanical in any way?
    Robot #2: No, it is the bad kind of puppy.
    Leela: Then we'll go with that data file!
    Robot #2: Correct!
    Robot #1: The flower would also have been acceptable.

Also NOT CONFIRMED but I "think" either the 30% DS healing for last 5 second of dmg got reduced as welll OR Imp DS was lowered...

I'm looking at this other video a warlock did about 50k dmg to me in 5 seconds I DS'd for 16669...bad at math but the dmg could also be wrong. Do Locks have an MS?

Nerfed for the same reason as Ghoul sac most likely. They raised health bars across the board, and reduced % based self heals to compensate. In absolute values it still heals for the same as it did before, when people at 85 had 120k ish, and it healed for 12k.

15+ Year Old Account
    The minimum healing bears close to no meaning for tanking DKs, since we almost always get more than 33% of our health in damage when tanking in raids.

As someone said, this could either be a bug or it could be intendend, as all percentage based selfhealing got nerfed when they buffed the stamina to health conversion.

Towelliee: Don't know if warlocks have MS, but it's possible that it was a latency issue. It's hard to determine the exact point at which the heal is calculated.

I'll check it out on beta myself later.