Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizz is freakin unfair.

Blizz is freakin unfair. They gave EU accounts a 9 hour headstart to play.

12.00 am CET for Europe vs 12.00 am PST for NA accounts.

Damn u blizz!

Now world's first won't be someone from NA account!
    Last edited by depthnight; 2010-11-16 at 12:41 PM. Reason: sorry. i've inputted my own time zone to calculation

10+ Year Old Account
    NA is ahead of EU, not behind. Unless it is going live at same time worldwide, you might have your facts wrong.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

bummer
    Last edited by depthnight; 2010-11-16 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Cataclysm will launch on the 7th day of December, at one minute past midnight. That much we share. However, depending on where you live, it will either follow midnight CEST or PST. In that, the OP is correct - EU does get a headstart. As for the world first, it's about time the americans didn't get all the advantages..

Quote Originally Posted by depthnight View Post
    Blizz is freakin unfair. They gave EU accounts a 7 hour headstart to play.

12.00 am CET for Europe vs 12.00 am PST for NA accounts.

Damn u blizz!

Now world's first won't be someone from NA account!
    Oh noes! All these years EU waited 24h more to get into new instances ;D

Deleted
    Nothing in life is fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the benefit of being in GMT-5 and playing on EU servers, so when servers come up at 00:01 GMT+1 on the 7th, I will be able to play at 6:01 PM EST on the 6th
    Last edited by Enders; 2010-11-16 at 12:38 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    Boo hoo my heart bleeds...Get a grip!

the sales will happen at midnight, you can install the game but the servers will not be playable until 12pm pst.

first post was correct
    all servers go live (eu us) 00:01

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    NA is ahead of EU, not behind. Unless it is going live at same time worldwide, you might have your facts wrong.
    now someone needs to relearn their math.

15+ Year Old Account
    Behind you yelling: "WHY SO SERIOUS, SON?"
    You know EU's maintenance is on Wednesdays, right?
    Skoddraei, Draenei Shaman, Quel'Thalas-EU

nerf round planets

NA usually get their patches before. Europe now get the massive advantage of a Expansion Headstart, thats fair after having been late on the content patchs

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Cataclysm will launch on the 7th day of December, at one minute past midnight. That much we share. However, depending on where you live, it will either follow midnight CEST or PST. In that, the OP is correct - EU does get a headstart. As for the world first, it's about time the americans didn't get all the advantages..
    I think it's gonna work like this, It's gonna go live at 12:01 PST, so us on the east coast have to wait till 3am to play. i think they are trying to sync the time to release all at the same time so everyone has a shot to world first 80 or whatever. But atleast i'll have time to go pick up my copy from midnight release, install/patch and be ready by 3am

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkodLife View Post
    You know EU's maintenance is on Wednesdays, right?
    Yes but they never have maintenance on the day after an expansion release. They didn't in the past two releases and I can say with 99% certainty that they won't this time either.

I think it's gonna work like this, It's gonna go live at 12:01 PST, so us on the east coast have to wait till 3am to play. i think they are trying to sync the time to release all at the same time so everyone has a shot to world first 80 or whatever. But atleast i'll have time to go pick up my copy from midnight release, install/patch and be ready by 3am
    You're correct as far as North American time zones go, but EU servers are coming online at 00:01 paris time which is GMT+1, PST being GMT-8
    Last edited by Enders; 2010-11-16 at 12:38 PM. Reason: got my + and - mixed up
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, well if that's the case then, I will be able to start on December 6th in the afternoon as I play on a EU server.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Thought servers worldwide didn't go online until 12:01 pst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chogally View Post
    the sales will happen at midnight, you can install the game but the servers will not be playable until 12pm pst.
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    As for the world first, it's about time the americans didn't get all the advantages..
    EU if I recall got the world first 70 and 80, not sure about 60 so regardless of whether you have advantages or not it doesn't seem to work in your favor?