Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Lightbulb Too many people play this game and don't have a clue....

Is there a "People of WoW.com" site? Instead of crazy pictures of weird people, are there messages from players about idiocy?

1. My main is a JC/Alchemist (transmutation mastery). I had a MAGE ask me for the 20 dodge cut, something I hadn't yet bought as other gems held priority. Then he asked for 20 Parry, another cut I didn't care too much about. I went for gems I and my guild would look for first. I asked him what he needed the cut for. He said "I have to activate my meta." Then linked his helm. I suggested 20 Intel, and he says, "hmm. I suppose this would work." I didn't realize mage's were a melee class. Sadly, he has been playing World of Warcraft for over two years, yet didn't know which gem to use for his main.

2. A warlock, level 80 with over 5,000 achievement points asked for me to make a scope on my engineer. He wanted a refund for his mats and tip, he couldn't use the scope I made for his wand... here I thought he had a hunter.

3. Hunter's serious question in trade, "Who enchants weapons." Everyone's answer? Uh.. enchanters? He got MAD! "Why do you all treat me like I am stupid? Jewel crafters can enchant too..." What?!

4. 80 Paladin- "I need some gems." "Ok, what do you need cut?" "I want to tank, I need resilience." I asked him if he was sure he didn't want stamina, he then told me I was stupid and he would get his gems somewhere else.

5. Guy in trade was being blasted for stupidity... he was going off about "Blizzard making no sense, and was angry that he wasted 45 min on a broken quest." We asked him what the problem was. Come to find out, as he was attempting the pre Cata quest chain, he was grouped with a buddy doing ZG rep." We told him, "quests don't work if you are in a raid group." His answer? "That's retarded and this game is dumb." /facepalm

6. We guild kicked this guy for getting annoyed that we thought it was wrong that he was expecting guildies to take his poorly geared lock (3400 gs) to a LK kill. He then joins a new guild almost immediately. The very next day THEY kicked him. He was tanking the LK fight on his DK, a raid he started. None of them could figure out why he was getting hit so hard and taking so much damage. After four fails they realized he had it set to 25m NOT 10m.... I see a few things wrong with that one.

7. This one REALLY irritated me. Hunter, refuses to move out of death and decay on Deathwhisper, stands in slime spray on rotface, and fire on Blood Queen, then complains about fail healers when he dies almost every fight. When approached about this, his answer was, "I should be able to stand in whatever is under me, that's what healers are for." Guess who doesn't get invited back to raids.

8. The numerous amount of people who put their race/class in their character's name, and spell it wrong. Like "Drenai" and "rouge." FYI, if you want to put your class/race in your name, unless something funny and on purpose, it might be prudent to spell it right.

9. Shaman- "Niblung is a great staff." Me- "Aren't you your guilds main raid healer?" "Yeah, so? Look at the stats, they are amazing...."

10. Hunter (amazing as a hunter how many really dumb hunters there are.. wonder where huntard came from) Here are a few huntard moments. "My pets growl isn't a taunt, it increases my dps." What? "I don't care that this staff has intellect and spirit on it, the gs is better than what I had before." Who loots to these people? "My pet totally attacked that target on his own, I don't know why he keeps charging stuff! He's on defensive..."

11. I love when I am in a BG... this has happened more than once at a few different level ranges. Alliance has 2 flags, Horde 1.. in less than a min we can be winning, two morons start arguing with each other in the chat, others argue with them, not paying attention to the hordie who grabbed the flag and is running for their base... we lose. Either it's my battlegroup and it is full of incompetent BGers, or it's done on purpose. Regardless, it is funny and annoying. I had gotten annoyed once in a WSG. I was on my hunter and it seemed like we were just being farmed for honor. Didn't help that most of the horde were at our graveyard spamming their AoEs... keep in mind this was pre patch 4.0.... This guy in the guild that ended up being kicked by an officer, was telling me I need to learn to play my hunter, that I should be able to spam volley as I res and kill the hordies, and that I should know that deterrence is a good thing to use along with it. Nothing is more irritating than someone telling you how to play your class when they clearly don't know what they are talking about.

12. A pug in VoA.. went running down the hall when being "chased by an orb...."

13. I forgot a good one. My boyfriend recently hit 80 on his mage (he has 5 80s total and has been playing for over 5 years), farmed the heroics for the T10. It's close to Cata, he doesn't care too much about gear really, but decides to do VoA. Sees a group, the person wanted one of every class. He whispers the guy saying "Do you already have a mage?" The answer he got, "Can you heal? Full on DPS." He was confused. "I asked if you already had a mage." "I know you asked that, can your mage heal? Or are you DPS." He decided not to go. lol

As far as any stupid DK goes.. remember this. Not every DK is an idiot, but every idiot has a DK.

We all do stupid things from time to time, that is normal, but I know when I make a mistake, even if it's a real "oops I am an idiot" moment, I can accept the fact that it was dumb and take responsibility for it. However, it is absolutely AMAZING how many people do the dumbest things, then blame it on the game, or fault the other players. Hoping to lighten the mood a little, since a lot of forums I read on here are about people who are angry about one thing or another. If you have a funny "moron" moment, please share.
    Last edited by Lunessa; 2010-11-18 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Added bit about DKs.

Deleted
    Welcome to the World of Internet, a very very scary place. Oh btw trade chat kills brain cells fact

What about cataclysm?

Deleted
    Good post. Warning to followup posters. DO NOT name and shame or I will ban you. Mentioning a clueless <insert class here> is fine, saying XXX of YYY server did something is NOT fine.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Welcome to the World of Internet, a very very scary place. Oh btw trade chat kills brain cells fact
    unless you wear a tinfoil hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    What about cataclysm?
    What about it? WoW has been like this since day 1, I wouldn't expect Cataclysm to be any different

Ahh I see what you meant now, apologies

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not the right forum.

Really the biggest thing that bugs me is people that demand answers and help and guidance from the people around them, instead of doing a simple google source and learning on their own.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    And people ask me why i drink? :P
    I wonder how many brain cells ive lost from reading trade chat, to many i bet :|

You should take screens of these idiots and post it on www.wowbash.com

Many people cant admit that they made a mistake. Its like that IRL too. Not only a problem in the internets.

And I thought there was some bad fails on my realm... dont think I ever seen something that has topped this yet.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2010-11-16 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Players of WOW reflect ppl in general. The main diference is that ppl have less boundaries for acting stupid while beeing anonymous. When it comes to noobish acts and questions - not all care, some ppl just enjoy playing regardless of progression or stats. Believe it or not

I met a rogue that had replaced all his agility gems with dodge gems, he wanted to survive longer in BG`s..... I tried to help him, but obviously I was a nOOb and he called me out

Deleted
    This is why I do all business through AH and have left trade chat, it will just ruin your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What about it? WoW has been like this since day 1, I wouldn't expect Cataclysm to be any different
    he means what does this have to do with cata since its in the cata forum

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Really the biggest thing that bugs me is people that demand answers and help and guidance from the people around them, instead of doing a simple google source and learning on their own.
    ya, because community should only be on an impersonal crappy search engine or sarcasm-ridden forum full of jerks and self-richeous teenagers? mmmhmmm, good knowledge there...

There's a reason you can talk to people in the game, if you don't wanna talk to people, go to the spanish servers and play with yourself. (no pun intended)
    Last edited by Brutal Edge; 2010-11-16 at 01:26 PM. Reason: forgot quote

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh the 4.0 prot paladin who needed on a spirit mace who insisted that as a "caster" he needed it to regen mana faster, duh. Who then proceeded to make 3 toons on my realm to spam mail messages and tells that "i'm a noob and should learn to play my class." Yes we know spirit helps regen, but not in combat unless you're a healer >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Lunessa View Post
    2. A warlock, level 80 with over 5,000 achievement points asked for me to make a scope on my engineer. He wanted a refund for his mats and tip, he couldn't use the scope I made for his wand... here I thought he had a hunter.
    This one is new to me. Pretty good though.

Also, the one about the raid being 25 instead of 10 seems a little far fetched to me. You'd think you'd notice the difference in HP at least.
    What wet dreams are made of!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    This one is new to me. Pretty good though.

Also, the one about the raid being 25 instead of 10 seems a little far fetched to me. You'd think you'd notice the difference in HP at least.
    I thought so too, until someone pointed out that most of the raiders in that guild raid with % not hp on bosses.. idk but it DID happen

Two guys start fighting in AV about how much the other sucks, the entire time they are spamming BG chat with reasons the other one sucks. Then suddenly it stops, and a couple of minutes later the guy comes back and starts mentioning how much the other sucks because he hasn't leveled his jewelcrafting to 450, and "wtf, why does your mage have mining!?" and "why do you have so few ICC boss kills" and on and on. Apparently the idiot had gone afk in the middle of AV to go to Armory and look up the guy's toon...