Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    OP- You sir, need to unplug from the game for a couple months and let reality sink in. This is a game, yes there are plenty of flighty, dumb and retarded people out there but attempting to judge intelligence from video game prowess is...well...dumb.

Some people actually play the game as a game and never really invest themselves into it like, for example, you do. I do also. Some people have kids who log on and play. Do you think my 8 year old gives a fuck about stats? All he cares about is running around hunting wabbits.

Don't let your emotions run you son.

I have to quote this as well as an example of a dumb player.Notice the failure to comprehend the point of this thread, and his completely oblivious ignorance to the fact that this "get over it" type of post has been made in this thread already.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tried something similar plenty of times, what comes too mind is this DK tank lately.

He asked for a JC so i linked him mine, he then links 20 spirit gems, i wonder why and said are you sure, he said yes and linked them again,
    So i recieve these gems, cut them into spirit, and return em.

He then goes mental on me! haha, i'm a moron etc etc, he's dk they dont need spirit etc etc :-)

So i have too go and spend my honour too buy some new gems and make stamina gems for him, then stuck with 3 spirit gems and no tip, thanks champ :-(

I tanked Rotface as a BM hunter, with my spirit bond, mend pet, lifeblood, and various other self-healing/pet healing abilities I beat out our 3rd healer in healing done. After that run I got whispered by one of the mages in the group if I wanted to heal a 3v3 arena match. True story.

As I read through these I laughed and cried. I've only been playing the game for just over a year so in many respects am still a newbie, although I'm fairly comfortable with most of my toons. I've experienced almost all of the situations described except the raids - cuz I've not experienced any raids yet (except Kara when I was totally unprepared for it). Here is my concern -- I've gone to the websites to learn how to play a class and found that each one gives different advice - so sometimes when I have what I think would be a quick question I go ahead and post it in chat - OMG ! - the responses range from rude to laughable to unbelievable. It's a no win situation - you have to be lucky enough to be in a guild that truly wants to help or have the patience to go through the trial and error system to figure out the best gear, gems, enchants and moves on your own. And in the process endure alot of rudeness and ridicule while you do. I have run into very few people who really want to help

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    OP- You sir, need to unplug from the game for a couple months and let reality sink in. This is a game, yes there are plenty of flighty, dumb and retarded people out there but attempting to judge intelligence from video game prowess is...well...dumb.

Some people actually play the game as a game and never really invest themselves into it like, for example, you do. I do also. Some people have kids who log on and play. Do you think my 8 year old gives a fuck about stats? All he cares about is running around hunting wabbits.

Don't let your emotions run you son.
    And you need the read the post before offering critique, the Op isnt male.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    A few classes have pretty bad mastery at the moment. Don't ask me to name them all but I know that I've read that certain masteries are pretty low-prio until Cata hits and Mastery becomes an actual stat on items.
    For Moonkins mastery is the worst stat. Our priority is Hitcap>Int/Spelldmg>Haste>Crit>Mastery
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Last I checked you don't have to know every little in and out of this game to enjoy it. By the way, that is the reason most people play this game, to enjoy it, not to maximize their character's potential or know every detail of the game.

The issue isn't that these people don't know simple things, it's that people who do know act elitist for knowing something in a video game that most new players wouldn't know right off. Once people stop acting like pricks toward people who need help the game will be made a lot better, unfortunately this is something the community controls.
    No, it's not about ridiculing someone who isnt min/maxing because they don't know that their coefficient for haste is 3.45 while they gemmed int which is only 3.22 (though there are the douchers that will do that).

This is for these goddamn retards who reach max level, put all their points in one dps tree, queue as a tank while wearing healer gear, gemming resilience and standing in fire, while blaming everyone else and throwing out insults in response to helpful advice. These players probably suck just as hard IRL as they do in game and need to play solo or go play something more downs-friendly.... might I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

PS. PLEASE find someone matching the above description and take a screenshot for the infinite lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereorage View Post
    I have to quote this as well as an example of a dumb player.Notice the failure to comprehend the point of this thread, and his completely oblivious ignorance to the fact that this "get over it" type of post has been made in this thread already.
    I'm afraid I have to agree with this. Said player obviously doesn't understand what is going on in this thread and should stop defending those who obviously are hopeless. It is one thing to have an 8 year old (Who honestly should not be playing this game in the first place as its rated for TEENS and up) playing and not understanding, or a fresh player just figuring it out. But a level 80 who has been playing since level 1 and STILL doesn't know crap? Yea .... Especially if said noob attacks YOU for trying to help them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    What pisses me off is seeing a lvl 60 huntard with leather that only has int and spirit, or stam and int. I realize that the lvl 50 leveling time is a trying time for most people and getting gear is a hassle, but seriously, just because it has more armor then your level 35 leather with agi/stam does NOT mean you should equip it and sacrifice that agi/stam you had....you WILL lose dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I'm afraid I have to agree with this. Said player obviously doesn't understand what is going on in this thread and should stop defending those who obviously are hopeless. It is one thing to have an 8 year old (Who honestly should not be playing this game in the first place as its rated for TEENS and up) playing and not understanding, or a fresh player just figuring it out. But a level 80 who has been playing since level 1 and STILL doesn't know crap? Yea .... Especially if said noob attacks YOU for trying to help them.
    Well, as said by many people before, many of us know some noob level 80's, and that could be for various reasons. I find allot of times, players are not taken seriously when asking for help until they are level 80. Some people who genuinely want to learn, but nobody will give them a serious answer. Those people when if told to visit a certain helpful website, would probably do it. But they have to ask the question first, and somneone needs to be willing to give a good honest, and helpful answer.

Also, playing at level 80, and leveling up to 80 is two different things. Now that you are 80, it's the time to get serious about it, and actually learn about it. Sometimes, leveling up, you've just been taking whatever gear drops you could get if it had semi helpful stats. Now that you are 80, it's time to focus primarily on certain stats, and negate the "whatever you can get" stuff.

With the ammount of trolling, and negativity at times, I am not surprised that some players are left a little confused at level 80. But hey, I have known players like that, who just wanted to learn, but simply had shitty luck with players being completely assholes to them. Half of the learning comes after you have gotten max level.

Back in vanilla I was on a Zul'farrak run with a pug. For those who don't know, there is a boss that can only be summoned if someone in your group has a specific mallet, which can only be received after a rather lengthy questline. Anyway, this Hungarian dude that was part of the group claimed he had the mallet and that "he had done it before". But when we had cleared the trash from the place and expected him to do the honors, he just stood there. I told him to use the mallet. Suddenly he said he didn't have it. I told him he had claimed that he did, to which he answered "MAN IVE DONE IT BEFORE", in caps and everything. That kinda left me speechless. Apparently he didn't have the bloody mallet, so we decided to end the run there, we had done everything else anyway. Since the guy in question was a Hun I didn't push the matter further; there is a crazy amount of Hungarians on my server who can't comprehend English, so his deficiency didn't surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just love the classic:

-stupidplayer: <insert stupid funny noobish comment>.
    -you: no mate, its not like that, <insert correction>.
    -stupidplayer: "OMG WHAT A NOOB HAHA U SUCK L2P IDIOT LOLOL."

it never fails to make me smile ^^
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2010-11-16 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I dislike when people skip bosses as well. It's one thing when the entire group was just there for the frost badges, but heroics are ment to be for gearing up. It always annoyed me when I waited 15 mins for a DPS queue, only to end up with a 6k+ tank that wants to skip nearly every boss in OK just to save 10 minutes. For this very reason, when I was tanking on my DK, I always asked and if a single person needed badges, I would clear all the bosses for them, and if people complain, I just tell them to leave if they don't like it.
    This is also one of my biggest peeves; and much like you, if I run on my (way overgeared) tank, I always clear all bosses if people need it. Too many times I've gone in on my priest, when I need badges, and people just skip two bosses in OK. It's especially ridiculous now since it's all JP.

I raided as Enhancement for a good chunk of this expansion, and thats not necessarily the hardest class to grasp but it definitely isn't the easiest. When gearscore started becoming the biggest thing alot of shaman would ask me alot of questions, being the best geared one on the server, so I referred alot of them to EJ and spent some one on one time helping out the people who would be appreciative of it and actually listen...but then there was one guy, decided he was gonna wear spirit leather and gem armor pen after talking to me, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    I have to add beggers. Recently while checking some ah postings I got asked the question I bet most of you have dozens of times. "Hey could I get 100g to get my riding skill?" or "hey can I have some gold, I will pay you back?" by completely random folks you have never met or known. So this last one was fantastic, asked me for some gold "insert reason here" and all I said was no.

This person then replied "Well arn't you a greedy little nerd F@@k? Bet your mad now nerd f@@k huh?" Then after I went to tell him to fk off he had already put me on ignore.
    I ignore all beggars who whisper me. Not worth the hassle when they go ballistic like that.

Think that every game has clueless players tbh.

I know a player (lvl 80) who has over twice as much hit as he needs (gemmed for it). When I asked him why he said it would improve his dps. His spec is wrong, as far as I can see he just filled up one tree. I have sort of made him my pet project to try and improve him because he seems a nice guy and also because he will enjoy the game more. People who read MMO and Elitist Jerks are a minority in this game and unless you get into a good guild or have RL friends who play (and know the ropes) it can be a tough transition when you stop wanting to quest and start wanting to raid. It's almost like a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Umaro View Post
    Last night I saw a guy level up from 30 to 60 in two seconds and earned 20 different achievements along with it. It was crazy, but there are hacks now apparently that let people get to top levels really fast
    Probably been beaten to it, but it seems you are unfamiliar with recruit-a-friend.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Everyone needs to learn the game, I wouldn't bother if they asked for advice. What I mostly hate is if they are rude, I'd rather work with dumb people than with rude.
    You probably never had a real job if you are saying such thing. Thats just... ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    Needless to say I have to replace 1 hunter and a drood healer now as it's a husband/wife team who won't raid separately.
    These are the bane of raid leaders, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't try to help them. Let them get mad and ragequit. It will reduce the amount of stupid people.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon