Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Varamis View Post
    At first I really liked the new Kill Command, however its dpf is awful, I realize that it directly scales with mastery, however, from what I've seen from beta testers it doesn't look like its out scaling two arcane shots, and thats definitely the case for me on live.

I'm not going to claim to know the math behind it or the point when certain stats make it out scale other things and what have you, I just think it would be better if it went back to being a temporary buff, like if it was on the same 6 second CD, but increased the damage of your pets next attack by 100% made within the next 6 seconds, maybe even have the percentage scale with the mastery itself (think Raging Blow). I think that would also make it far easier to use, because the whole range check thing is insanely annoying right now, but that is just my opinion.

What is your take on the new Kill Command (edit: more as the BM main nuke, to clarify)?
    It doesn't have to outscale 2xArcane cause 2xArcane takes 2 globals. You'd have to compare 2xArcane with like... kill command + steady shot or something like that.

i love it for being a brilliant solution to the "Raccoon shot" problem.

From what I've read, in the thread so far, it sounds like Kill Command, as the BM nuke, will come in to its own more in Cataclysm since the extra gcd over 2 AS is more useful because cobra shot refreshes SS, also because the BM mastery is going to directly increase the damage it does.

I still wish they'd make it somehow easier to use or make it more unique to BM, but alas, only in dreams.

(edit)
    P.s. Thanks for everyone actually discussing things and not just flaming and linking EJ.
    Last edited by Varamis; 2010-11-17 at 09:45 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the new Kill Command is using focus of the hunter, and if it is called the BM signature 'shot' by the devs, than why is it still counted as pet damage in terms of kills and such?

I think it is better now, even though the focus cost is very high, but that goes for all our rather mediocre hitting signature shots, but Kill Command still has a few issues that need adressing and thinking through.

Just like most of things hunters have at the moment...