Thread: How long 80-85

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long 80-85

Was just wondering what the length would be from levelling 80-85. I know some play more than others and some are better than others just want some estimations

15+ Year Old Account
    with out BoAs my lvl 80 made 85 in less than 27 hours playing (3 different days) but then again it was my second time through... I think my first time with BoAs (head and cloak) I made it in 30 hours not knowing the quest flow..

and blizzard made a statement recently saying that they think the leveling flow is just right.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

afaik 80-85=-5

you should turn this into a poll

probably you will be able to do it without sleeping

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play moderately every day for 4-6 days you can hit 80, without dungeons at all.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Blizz said its meant to be as long as 70-80 was.

And the only heirlooms that wrk past 80 are the ones added in Cata (mainly from Guild Achievs/stuff.)

16-20 hours /played. The first two levels will go quite fast, especially if you are prepared at launch. I plan to huddle down and hit 85 in one sitting, with 4 of my guild mates. Dungeoning with a competent group, has proven to be quicker than questing (however that's just my experience).

Deleted
    Nope its 5 days for 5 levels. There are blue posts of it. Blizzard wants that you can just level up 1 level in 1 day!

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    If you play moderately every day for 4-6 days you can hit 80, without dungeons at all.
    What did that have to do with his question at all?
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

you can do it in one go, you will need some solid sleep before and after and couple redbulls, but its managable. knowing myself once I hit 85 i`ll start leveling professions and other shit for realm first as well, so it will be a long day/night/day ;D

Deleted
    OMG you cant do it in ONE day!!!!!!! IT'S 5 days for 5 levels!!!!

I remember reading somewhere that the mobs were hitting like trucks and it was really quite difficult to multi-pull while leveling, is it still like this? I was really hoping to continue my tradition of leveling with VT/SWP on everything in sight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the mobs were hitting like trucks and it was really quite difficult to multi-pull while leveling, is it still like this? I was really hoping to continue my tradition of leveling with VT/SWP on everything in sight
    Yea i think i read the same exact thing in another thread a while back.
    Thrall for Warchief 2020!

5 days (120 hours) played for 5 levels sounds about right , I know they made changes in the beta to accelerate the experience for players, when it goes live it will be slower, so don't base it on how people leveled in the beta.

Deleted
    True, The mobs in the new zone will do alot more damage then usual. There are also alot of group quests and they want that players work more together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you will see people hit server firsts (pending server stability) very quickly in 24-30 hours based on beta flow. It may slow some with increased competition in leveling areas. For the average player doing 3 hours a day would be done in a week. I think blizzard is banking on people rolling the new races to 85 and with the new archeology profession to take up our time also. Lots of stuff to do..80-85 is a small part of it and will go quick.

this totaly changed my life

someone should sticky this

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    Yes. From what I've seen pulling more then 1-2 at a time is extremely difficult, anything past 3 and you are almost always going to die unless you have some help.

I support this. When mobs go down in 1-2 hits, you wind up developing a very different strategy then what is useful in an instance or raid. By making mobs take longer to kill, players will naturally develop better strategies that are more compatible with dungeons/raids. This makes the overall gaming experience much better once you hit endgame.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skutch View Post
    5 days (120 hours) played for 5 levels sounds about right , I know they made changes in the beta to accelerate the experience for players, when it goes live it will be slower, so don't base it on how people leveled in the beta.
    Many people have said they didn't "accelerate" the leveling in the beta at all.

I guess I won't hit 85 this year, assuming ~120h played are required.
    Playing in a "casual" guild, we will have to wait for some people to catch up anyway before we can start raiding, so I try to enjoy my leveling experience.