Deleted

Stock Piling Mats for Cata?

I was trying to figure out how I could make the most money off the Cata release, and I was thinking with everyone starting new toons that I could buy all a bunch of profession mats now and sell them for more after the launch when they are in more demand. I am far from an experienced Auction Houser so I was hoping some people could give me some advise.
    so my questions are
    1) do you think this is the best/good use of my money?
    2) which mats in your opinion will provide the most return?

thanks for all your help

Deleted
    I'd say go for Cloths such as wool and silk, everyone rerolling will need this for first aid and it can be used for new tailors too

I'd agree. low level cloth is a solid investment, due to it's multiple uses; Reputation, first aid, tailoring.

all old Azeroth cloth, mid level ore (tin, iron, mithril), low-mid level herbs(Fadeleaf, Khadgar's Whisker, Briarthorn, Bruisweed), pre-wrath enchanting mats.

On my server at least, OL level enchanting mats are worth the most right now, and I bet that will remain in Cataclysm. The lowest level mats (copper, peacebloom, silverleaf, linen cloth) are so easy for people to farm, and I bet a lot of people will be starting new toons, so those mats will be overflowing on the AH, that is why I say midlevel to OL level stuff is the most solid investment.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

they're adding tabards to raise your reputation with home cities in dungeons i believe? not really relevant, but might lower the overall demand for runecloth as a rep-booster.

Dont forget you will be able to fly in the old world and farm the mid-level items extremely fast.
    I would not invest my money in that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Dont forget you will be able to fly in the old world and farm the mid-level items extremely fast.
    I would not invest my money in that. :/
    But how many people will opt to farm instead of leveling a new toon/leveling to 85/doing new dungeons/doing new bgs/etc? Low level mats, yes, a lot of people are starting new toons, but I don't really foresee that many people flying and farming, at least not until Cata has been out for a month or two. No real knowledge to back this up, just my thoughts.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont stockpile anything of the current amterials myself, as they will be too easily farmed alter on anyway with flying beeing availible in azeroth.

However, any materials I get while leveling I will sell right away to take benefit from those who are powerlvling their professions right away instead of leveling. These materials will be sold for extreme prices the first few weeks, and people do buy them. So why not benefit from that :P