Thread: Gemming!!!!

Gemming!!!!

Now I'm no Enh. pro at all but I was wondering after reading the 4.0 patch sticky thing in this thread unless i misunderstood its stated to that Agi is our best stat after hit and expertise caps. Now is agi our best stat because we cant gem for mastery yet or juts because.. So if there is a sim out there that is modeled for us right now not that in 3 weeks it will matter I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right and also helping out others on the server by nto giving out bad info.

So my question until is until cata comes out..

1) should we reforge all gear to mastery and stay hit and expertise capped through gems since we have those available

or

2) reforge for hit and expertise then mastery and gem full agility

my instincts point to my first option but i'm not 100% sure if there is a thread that can give me that answer I would greatly appreciate it

yes i know 3 weeks of correct gemming/reforging etc seems pointless but I liek to stay as best as possible

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malfurion/gesen/

yes I know im 23/23 it was posted that 26 is now needed for 85 and that 23 is good for 83 lvl bosses do to new scaling, just wanted to throw that in before the flaming starts

well I guess it really depends on what gear you have available. However I've been testing alot aswell and in my personal opinion, from what I've found is. Gemming Expertise/Hit cap then Agility. Reforge into mastery. However I'm sure things will differ in Cataclysm but this is just what im rolling with
    Still looking for a reason to come back...

Agility is slightly better than mastery, so you should be reforging to hit/expertise caps and then mastery.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have personally been reforging to meet my hit and expertise caps and then using gem slots for agility bar one to activate the meta. That has left me with just under half my gear reforged to mastery. Which isnt a whole lot but it just has to make do untill cata because at the moment Agility > Mastery and you cannot reforge for agility.

It's on EJ and a big post on the official forums that gemming pure agility, reforging to hit/exp cap and then the highest stat to mastery is better. By almost 1k dps. It's not hard at all really, you'll only have to reforge, 3-5 peices into hit or exp and you should end up with 18-19 mastery afterwards. Since you have near BiS gear you might even want to use +hit gems in your blue sockets, or just reforge to more hit if you are over the crit cap. With my gear even I'm pretty much riding the line with the crit cap, so you should probably be over it. Best answer? Sim it, you're gear/experience is good enough that you should be able to figure that stuff out for yourself.