Smile My new Lets Play: Minecraft

Really sorry if this isn't a good place to post this, please delete this thread and kill me if it is wrong!

I have recently started recording live sessions of me playing a new world of Minecraft from the start. Thought it would be fun to give it a go, 'n' all that jazz. Main problem: I suck at it ( I think). I have NEVER done any videos before, nor voiceovers. Im mainly putting this up here for feedback and to maybe even possibly get more people interested in the game xD

Know Problems with videos:
    -Im an idiot
    -SCREENFLOW DEMO logo across the screen... replacing that before next vid, im on a mac -.-
    -at the end of the second video I didn't cut out turning off the recording software... laaame...

Apart from that Im really looking for some constructive criticism for my current and future videos and I was pretty sure the MMO-C crowd could give some of that :P Dont be gentle, if it sucks, say it sucks. Guess thats all I have to say.

Again, if it doesn't belong here, tell me and i'l get rid of it asap or if you are a moderator, just slice it off :P Without further a-do... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya71zq2OfvA - Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_-V1lUZF9E - Part 2

Let me remind you that I have never EVER done anything like this before so that is why I am so nervous and I haven't got a really dynamic recordable voice D:

Cheers!
    Last edited by Maldazar985; 2010-11-10 at 06:39 PM.

Not bad at all, found the video quite helpful as I've never played Minecraft before.

Cheers xD Don't suppose you've got any tips? Im making more videos soon and I want as much constructive criticism as possible!

When I first heard of Minecraft, I thought it was little more than a creation game with bad graphics. But it did have a big community to it so I said what the hell and gave it a try. I will have to say, I am having a blast with it, and it has zombies in it.

One thing I wish Notch (The Creator of Minecraft) would hurry up and do is have Multiplayer Survival Mode and add more Enemies that do different things.

Main thing I love is the ability to do this (If you REALLY wanted to)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58oP0WJn3BM
    Last edited by Daginni; 2010-11-14 at 03:18 PM.

Step 1. Dig a hole and wait out the night.
    Step 2. Punch down some trees and build some tools and a small shelter, and wait out the night.
    Step 3. Use the shelter as a home base, and dig downwards. Make sure you have some light, and gather tons of stone. Survive the night.
    Step 4. Expand the home base and tools with stone. Survive the night.
    Step 5. Have fun building! Survive the night.
    The past is gone, now is all there is.

Enjoy reading reviews on video games and other fun stuff? Check out my site Updated when I have time!
    http://snipersedge.blogspot.com

Very fun, game when you are bored! its pretty cool aswell

Yeh, I often find myself spending immense amounts of time on it at once!

Any more feedback concerning the videos? Added 2 more (without the logo!)

Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar985 View Post
    Yeh, I often find myself spending immense amounts of time on it at once!

Any more feedback concerning the videos? Added 2 more (without the logo!)
    The logo was probably my biggest beef and it wasn't even really that annoying.

Edit: I watched your third video (haven't done the fourth yet) and your voice is sort of hard to hear. I have my laptop speakers cranked and the Youtube sound at maximum and I can still hardly hear you.
    Last edited by ukrainium; 2010-11-14 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    The logo was probably my biggest beef and it wasn't even really that annoying.

Edit: I watched your third video (haven't done the fourth yet) and your voice is sort of hard to hear. I have my laptop speakers cranked and the Youtube sound at maximum and I can still hardly hear you.
    Yeh I had game sound turned up waaaaay too loud at that point, I turned it down for the next videos though xD

Deleted
    Don't forget to try our MMO-Champion's official servers! "dinnerbone.com" for the address.

I don't have much criticism you didn't give yourself or wasn't posted here, I would turn yourself up a bit more volume wise, but that's my personal preference.

Yeh I try to increase the mic volume but that catches the fan noise more too, and I'm not very good at speaking louder myself, though I will give it a try for my next videos!

Check out my latest videos, Ive tried to improve as much as possible xD