Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Blues don't troll they mind rape you

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    mind rape indeed....without lube even

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about looking into the abyss and how it looks back into you, seems to apply to trolling.
    When you look into trolling, trolling looks back into you...clearly this particular blue blinked.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrie View Post
    mind rape indeed....without lube even
    But I like mind lube.

Quick, someone link that scene from Scanners, where the guy's head explodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Quick, someone link that scene from Scanners, where the guy's head explodes!

there you go

the definition of trolling is broad and vague. it's become so misunderstood that any post showing disagreement or dissention is accused of trolling by many. trolling was originally defined as derailing a thread by posting off topic, responding to a post by antagonizing, personal attacks, changing the tone or focus of the post... trolling is now misunderstood to be any difference of opinion = trolling, which is doesn't.

this problem occurs when people who don't understand what trolling is or the elements of a forum discussion (posting on topic, refraining from personal attacks, accepting other people's opinions)

this problem especially occurs when younger people post who have no exposure to the original "trolling" concept or don't understand it. so they redefine the term as it makes sense to them, and then everyone else has to use the term in their context.

I've seen some blues post irrelevant responses, but rarely is it intentionally hostile. sometimes the maturity of the poster is questionable to me, though I think the context that blue poster was using when he suggested blizzard might be trolling was a broad and vague use of the term for disagreement rather than actually trying to annoy people for the sake of enjoyment.

(I had a real life friend that confessed he enjoyed "trolling" forums by posting anything contrary and creating unrelated arguments to get a rise out of people... he some type of social disorder that I wouldn't blame him for, but I think thats part of the cause behind trolling... its not legitimate disagreement, but rather some type of psychological disorder that makes people want to harass people for pleasure)

Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    the definition of trolling is broad and vague. it's become so misunderstood that any post showing disagreement or dissention is accused of trolling by many. trolling was originally defined as derailing a thread by posting off topic, responding to a post by antagonizing, personal attacks, changing the tone or focus of the post... trolling is now misunderstood to be any difference of opinion = trolling, which is doesn't.

this problem occurs when people who don't understand what trolling is or the elements of a forum discussion (posting on topic, refraining from personal attacks, accepting other people's opinions)

this problem especially occurs when younger people post who have no exposure to the original "trolling" concept or don't understand it. so they redefine the term as it makes sense to them, and then everyone else has to use the term in their context.

I've seen some blues post irrelevant responses, but rarely is it intentionally hostile. sometimes the maturity of the poster is questionable to me, though I think the context that blue poster was using when he suggested blizzard might be trolling was a broad and vague use of the term for disagreement rather than actually trying to annoy people for the sake of enjoyment.

(I had a real life friend that confessed he enjoyed "trolling" forums by posting anything contrary and creating unrelated arguments to get a rise out of people... he some type of social disorder that I wouldn't blame him for, but I think thats part of the cause behind trolling... its not legitimate disagreement, but rather some type of psychological disorder that makes people want to harass people for pleasure)
    wow long post. are u a blue sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    But I like mind lube.
    see this can be considered trolling. completely unrelated to the OP and the topic, but responding to another post somewhat unrelated, and the point is to elicit a reaction from people thats irrelevant to the discussion.

Oh my god... Have you reported this to the forum mods? This is going to mind rape them especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Teamwork!
    Teamwork, THEN safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Oh my god... Have you reported this to the forum mods? This is going to mind rape them especially.
    how do i report

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    see this can be considered trolling. completely unrelated to the OP and the topic, but responding to another post somewhat unrelated, and the point is to elicit a reaction from people thats irrelevant to the discussion.
    Hardly trolling, he just made a fun comment on a slightly off-topic post. If he'd said "WTF man anyone who doesnt like mind lube is a casual noob", that'd've been trolling.

Good for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well still the best troll by far to date is Chris Metzen in Blizcon. Still love how people took everything seriously. Luckily though the new legendary was confirmed to be staff

The difference is, they won't get banned for it.