Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hand of Light in 4.0.3

Don't know how many other servers are up right now, but I've noticed that when I get a mastery proc when I have 0 HP, I can't use it to cast TV (at least, wasn't paying attention to the other abilities). Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Because having 0 holy power means you're dead right?

It's pretty inconsequential anyways, because if you used it at 0HP when CS was up you were losing DPS anyways. Crappy stat is still crappy!

YAY

edit: Yes, this is the change. It's on Beta as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Because having 0 holy power means you're dead right?
    how would having no holy power make him/her dead
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

I have the same issue on beta. Also, sometimes it will take away 1 HP when I use templar's verdict with a proc. Not sure if Blizzard knows about this, but I assume they do.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    uh... because you're dead?
    Take palm, place on forehead

Take facepalmed head and smash into a desk

Thank You

Good Bye

So, does this pretty much make Mastery worth 0 dps now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mk, just wanted to check. Glad to know I'm not any crazier than I already am.

Deleted
    Dude, sarcasm?
    And HP = Holy Power fools xD

I think we need another abbreviation for Holy Power

HPw?

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    It's pretty inconsequential anyways, because if you used it at 0HP when CS was up you were losing DPS anyways. Crappy stat is still crappy!

YAY

edit: Yes, this is the change. It's on Beta as well.
    this. the only difference between live and beta is that on beta it requires one holy power and it Consumes said 1 holy power. still hoping its a bug other wise our mastery became even worse then it already is. and its pretty shitty right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I think we need another abbreviation for Holy Power

HPw?
    HoPo
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

I suspect this was a PvP fix. A lot of players(casters...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) were complaining about ret burst. Ahem. So yeah, I guess it makes sense even though it wasn't really needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear casters have a reason to complain about things right now. I'd love to burst a mage down, if I only I could reach him...

It's not as bad in beta in team settings though, but there still are serious problems with regards to being locked down by CC.

It's not as bad in beta in team settings though, but there still are serious problems with regards to being locked down by CC.
    Did our ability to cleanse all roots and snares ever start working? Several people on the Beta forums seem to be claiming that it doesn't but no one really replies to their threads with solid answers. Also, did it end up removing physical roots and snares?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    Did our ability to cleanse all roots and snares ever start working? Several people on the Beta forums seem to be claiming that it doesn't but no one really replies to their threads with solid answers. Also, did it end up removing physical roots and snares?
    Yep, it works. More feedback here.

http://www.retpaladin.com/warcraft/f...hp?f=15&t=5160

Why are people saying ret mastery is bad? Seems nice to me to get a free TV once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacos View Post
    Why are people saying ret mastery is bad? Seems nice to me to get a free TV once in a while.
    Oh boy, I'll answer this so a bunch of crazy, angry people don't jump all over your balls for this.

1. Not free. It's (TV - ability you would have used), so it can often be a DPS loss for that GCD's time frame.
    2. Only really good as a filler spell, ie CS -> TV -> CS is far superior to TV -> TV -> filler and so on. I posted the whole logic behind it in another thread, I can link you the post if you're curious.
    3. Other secondary stats, like crit, have no negative aspects to them whatsoever. Because Mastery can be a DPS loss(no choice to not use it at 3HP), it's only worth ~1/3 of crit point for point, and actually gets worse the more haste you have.

Hopefully that covered the basics. I'm more than happy to divulge a little deeper if you want.

Oh boy, I'll answer this so a bunch of crazy, angry people don't jump all over your balls for this.

1. Not free. It's (TV - ability you would have used), so it can often be a DPS loss for that GCD's time frame.
    2. Only really good as a filler spell, ie CS -> TV -> CS is far superior to TV -> TV -> filler and so on. I posted the whole logic behind it in another thread, I can link you the post if you're curious.
    3. Other secondary stats, like crit, have no negative aspects to them whatsoever. Because Mastery can be a DPS loss(no choice to not use it at 3HP), it's only worth ~1/3 of crit point for point, and actually gets worse the more haste you have.

Hopefully that covered the basics. I'm more than happy to divulge a little deeper if you want.
    caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrlll....