Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Since the changes Dps really do need to hold back on aggro. Initial aggro (I'v Heard) is real bad for warriors and paladins, especially warriors needing to spread rend etc, most Dps can't wait or hold back. Death knights have never been better as tanks, long term threat in some cases is a little dicey but still not bad and druids are in a good position as well (judging by a friend of mine).

To any dps reading this, unless you can transfer threat or drop threat real fast, hold it back. please.

Deleted
    I'll join a 5 man with the sole purpose of trying to get myself killed which includes pulling several trash packs and bosses as a clothie. I'll use my cd's and hope I die miserably. But I usually don't. I'm sorry, but the content is so hillariously faceroll that it's the only possible challenge and fun moments you can have. Healer, tank, dps? Those roles are an utter joke. None of them are needed anymore.

Healer/Dps works. Healer/Tank works. Dps/tank works. Dps/Nothing works. It doesn't matter.

Well this is something me and my fellow guild buddies have been debating about ever since patch 4.0.1 came out. Me and a couple of the others are from the "TBC-time" so we know whats it like having to wait a bit for tanks to grab aggro. But for most of the players who started in WoTLK this is new. Being new to something isnt a bad thing, but the issue is they dont seem to learn/adapt. When im tanking nothing frustrates me more then seeing the same guy grabbing aggro every single pull. In the end we all want the same thing, a quick and clean run through an heroic, i dont understand why some people feel the need to mess this up by ninja-pulling or nuke a target before i have even got the chance the run in properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    You sir, are a complete and utter moron and the game would be a much more effective game without people like you in it, try that bollocks in cata and enjoy your repair bills mother bitch!
    What a horrible, horrible thing to say to someone.. especially given he's completely right..

Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    You sir, are a complete and utter moron and the game would be a much more effective game without people like you in it, try that bollocks in cata and enjoy your repair bills mother bitch!
    I know pretty well what's comming with cata and am actually looking forward in hopes that the game will be less of a faceroll.
    But as it is right now, there is absolutly no reason at all to use tanks or healer and not rush through heroics with 5 DDs within 10 minutes. If you have any arguments, let me hear it

And there is absolutly no reason for such insults, hope you get banned for that
    Last edited by lancore89; 2010-11-24 at 12:55 PM.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    The sooner blizzard puts "You pull it, you tank it. Let the tank do their job and you do yours" on the loading screen tip, the better.
    this

well i agree with you in raid settings but i feel the opposite in the five man settings no dps with around 6k gs really need to wait for a tank to gather aggro (right or wrong) its dead before it hits the said dps, with cata just around the corner hopefully dps wises up and re-realizes their role-or alot of repair bills await them.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that our tank can usually hold the aggro as soon as the right starts. Our mages (including myself) nuke the hell out of the bosses and our tank never seems to loose aggro.

on my warlock i won't hold back a second on dps, but ill start off with my build up abilities (CoE, immolate, etc.) usually by the time i start actual dps on a boss any tank worth their salt will have the threat lead they need and if they don't, demon form usually suffices.

on my warrior i've honestly had no problem at all keeping and sustaining threat even from the dps that actively try and pull it off me. i honestly think having a slower, heavier hitting 1h dps weapon is helping me in that regard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come Cata, when there will be a cap to the number of justice points that you can earn in a single week, 5 mans will not be nearly as over geared as they are now. That is to say, all of the raiders that are downing content will be looking around and going, "Hmmm, yeah no thanks." It will be a couple of tiers of content from now when we finally see the average player who is farming 5 mans in gear that overpowers the content. I would say that the norm is going to be a long a tough struggle for quite some time. Whether you like that or not, none of my business.
    Cheers.

lemme guess without reading all but the first post in this topic.. the points go as such

DPS wont wait..
    Dps are numpties and need ot die in a fire
    Yeah but most dps can handle a few hits in current content
    True
    Not in cata though

Well lets put it this way.. DPS is retarded..
    The current high health pools are stupid and cost cloth wearers a fortune without giving any where near the survivability of other armour wearers.. yet we pay the same.. *rage over* but it makes ppl think they are tanks
    Self healing is a crime and should be banned.. on pain of pain. " I can tank cos i can heal myself and iceblock/disperse/feignd death/die"

And tbh maybe its a problem with you being too slow?.. as the guy said.. GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, Pull already, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO