Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    for some reason they want to get away from 40 man raids... at least in PVE... could be due to frame rate issues, but look at alterac valley, went from 40 to 25 man. 25 man raids are basically 25 people at same difficulty as 10 man... just more people. world bosses are 5 man now (though you can make a 40 man raid for it if you want)

either the point is to cut down on so many people and spell effects in an area, or something to do with difficulty and possibly scaling/mechanics and damage and health numbers becoming so big fights become incomprehensible... ie. 500 dmg hit on a 10,000 health boss is easier to wrap your head around whats happening than a 50,000 dmg hit on a 1,000,000 health boss....just an idea

edit: oh, and I forgot....

if a world boss is designed for 5 players, you can get 5 or 10 extra and take him down, if its scaled and balanced for 25 players , say max level in epic gear, you'll need much more, say 30-40 players to take him down... logistics of finding 40 players to raid and coordinate successful with is very difficult and unlikely, as seen in vanilla. finding 5-10 players to raid with is much easier
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-11-17 at 02:11 AM.

The first guild to put together a team kills the boss, then it is dead for the entire week. Its really not worth making a boss that's only going to bring joy to 10 people who log on the morning after the realm restart. When there were only 2 guilds on the server with the 40man requirement, it was different. These days, its a lot of effort for something only a handful will enjoy.

Deleted
    Pretty sure there were no random treasure chest either in WoTLK, and as far as i'm aware they are making a return in cata?

Confirmation on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyonepin View Post
    Pretty sure there were no random treasure chest either in WoTLK, and as far as i'm aware they are making a return in cata?

Confirmation on this?
    last I heard random treasure chests were replaced by rare mobs, dropping rare gear. this happened towards the end of TBC through wotlk and I know rare mobs (grey dragon icon) in cataclysm... I haven't heard of random chests being brought back for cata

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Fair point, i don't see the point of world bosses. The only people I can see wanting these back are griefers. If it's a raid boss what does it matter if it's outside a raid?
    From your words i understand you havent played vanilla... So let me explain. Do you know how hard and fun is to form a raid to kill a world boss when you have to do it rly fast having just 1 chance, before the other candidates from your faction do it and meanwhile to have a part of the raid to fight the opposite faction and protect you from being wiped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeepImaJeep View Post
    Why aren't there any world bosses in WOTLK?? I just noticed that there are world bosses in cata and in BC and in preBC but none in WOTLK post your theories... or quotes of blue posts....
    because on high pop servers its a pain to get the kill with 50+ guild capable of killing it and its just a pain in general its unfair if one guild camps its 24/7 ext ext
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    You actually get a raidspot as a clicker dps

sigh.

Deleted
    a bit off topic i guess but what will happen with emeriss ysondre and the other guy?
    as theyre pretty useless and i guess no one bothers anymore they could be pretty hard if they scaled with lvl 85 content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    a bit off topic i guess but what will happen with emeriss ysondre and the other guy?
    as theyre pretty useless and i guess no one bothers anymore they could be pretty hard if they scaled with lvl 85 content
    nOne of them is dead in the Emerald Dream, Lethos I believe, Ysondre is a friendly quest giver in Feralas who helps you kill another one, and I forget what happens to the 4th. Wowpedia explains it. Stormrage the novel explains a lot apparently.

Edit: Lethon is killed by Eranikus in the Emerald Dream. Emeriss is also killed in the Emerald Dream by Tyrande. Ysondre helps you defeat Taerar in Feralas.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Hmm what's the leash on these guys?
    Would be fun to drag one of them to org ahaha
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.