Thread: TuK or LUI?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrazine View Post
    I would but since i'm new it's not letting me post links, youtube search "Hydra Edit v2", it should be the first video, or you can go to tukui.org/hydra
    Very nice!

Nice choice in music, too.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    Very nice!

Nice choice in music, too.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    I tried to use TUK but the font is too small for me without glasses in combat.
    You can change the font size in font.lua
    was too small for me to until I bumped it up to 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrazine View Post
    I would but since i'm new it's not letting me post links, youtube search "Hydra Edit v2", it should be the first video, or you can go to tukui.org/hydra
    Very nicely designed!
    I've always made my own UI, but this really tempts me to try that =)
    Have you got it available somewhere for download? (you can post links with some spaces in between and such)

Deleted
    it's in his post :P tukui.org/hydra i have just started useing it myself and apart from a small issue with tuk's raid frames not working correctly with clique (just use grid and disable both dps and healer boxes in your addons selection to work around) it is the easyest to use UI i have used to far in 4 years of wow.

Deleted
    I'm personally using LUI, mostly for the shiny stuff its got.

though i think LUI v4 is going to be waaaaaaaaaay ahaid of TuK in terms of addon compatability and configuration choices.
    then again TuK is easier on your computer.. so many choices..

Quote Originally Posted by cruelwacko View Post
    I'm personally using LUI, mostly for the shiny stuff its got.

though i think LUI v4 is going to be waaaaaaaaaay ahaid of TuK in terms of addon compatability and configuration choices.
    then again TuK is easier on your computer.. so many choices..
    Not sure what you mean about AddOn compatibility, Tukui has no issues atm with other AddOns, and if one appears Tukz is very quick to update with a fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rionach View Post
    it's in his post :P
    Meh...
    /goes off to get more coffee
    =)

Deleted
    Personaly I use TukUI and I find it great. The more graphical aspect of LUI is abit tempting, but TUKUI has always done good by me and I will stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Personaly I use TukUI and I find it great. The more graphical aspect of LUI is abit tempting, but TUKUI has always done good by me and I will stick to it.
    Lightweight, great community with a ton of edited packages if you don't like default TukUI, tons of support... how can you go wrong :P

Tuk UI is amazing. Hands down best UI I have ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Velandia View Post
    KG Panels + Bartender + NeedtoKnow + SexyMap + MoveAnything

All you'll ever need.
    if you know how to use them + dominos does the same better + nothing to say here + ugly as hell + good point.

anyway, if you want a better result, go for tukui if you can handle lua editing. very simple to understand and easy to put your hands on. never been a fan of LUI (too much shinies) but a good UI overall.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2010-11-17 at 08:05 AM.

Id say TukUi, spend an hour or two on the forums and you can make an AMAZING edit, also the mem usage (below 1mb) just makes it more awsome.

I used both. LUI is much better. You can tell that there has been more work into that UI than any other UI. just being able to configure everything in-game tells you that.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    Ive always used the default tukui before. But now after seeing that youtube i think im converting to hydra.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    I used both. LUI is much better. You can tell that there has been more work into that UI than any other UI. just being able to configure everything in-game tells you that.
    You can configure everything ingame on Tukui too >:P

Hydrazine, you're like tukz's warrior
    Anyway i agree, its all you need in one package with no memory usage (close to none).

The only problem is that if you wanna make some big changes, not just basic stuff you have to do it by lua. But thats just the problem with the non-memoryhog thing..
    Code:
    while (flamingPeople)
    {
         ePenis++;
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzly View Post
    Hydrazine, you're like tukz's warrior
    Anyway i agree, its all you need in one package with no memory usage (close to none).

The only problem is that if you wanna make some big changes, not just basic stuff you have to do it by lua. But thats just the problem with the non-memoryhog thing..
    Because i'm a moderator over at Tukui, so yeah i'm a little attached. :P

And yeah, but if you have a community willing to help you with code it's not too big of a problem.

Personally it's got to be Tukui for me it's superbly functional and low on resource bloating, also adding other addons to Tukui doesn't break to sleek look to it, unlike LUI. In my opinion of course.

Wow Hydra, that's an amazing edit..... Makes me wonder if I've wasted a bunch of time trying to fix all my issues with LUI.... hmmm

Ok I just saw your 2.4 video on youtube but I only see a 2.3 version available for dl on your page what gives??