How is Frost 2h at lvl 85 in beta?

I had been unholy 2h since 4.0 came out but i respecced to 2h frost last night out of boredom (and because my 1h's suck) and my dps is through the roof. My gear isn't even close to BiS but I went from doing about 7k dps in 5 mans on unholy to about 10k as 2h frost. I was just curious if 2h frost is holding its own at 85 as well, I'm finding it a ton of fun to see the big #s and not have to babysit the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    I had been unholy 2h since 4.0 came out but i respecced to 2h frost last night out of boredom (and because my 1h's suck) and my dps is through the roof. My gear isn't even close to BiS but I went from doing about 7k dps in 5 mans on unholy to about 10k as 2h frost.
    AoE =/= dps

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the reason for this is quite simple, as stated above, AOE =/= DPS.

Howling Blast is incredibly strong and skyrockets Frost's DPS. In a dungeon trash setting, Howling Blast 3+ mobs is going to give you a lot better DPS.

Deleted
    I have tried out on my Death Knight with both 2 1handed weapons and 1 2handed weapon, and I got to say its not that big of a diffrence, since I did 12-13k with 2 1 handed weapons (Main hand: 1 handed axe Gunship hc 10man, Off hand: 1 handed axe Gunship 25man normal) and between 10-11k with 1 2 handed weapon (2handed axe from Saurang 10man) on LK 10man, but then again I would say that go for what you think is the best and work it out, but personally I would and still will go with 2 1 handed weapons.

The way it is currently on beta at 85 is Frost DW >= Unholy >>>>> Frost 2 handed. Its close to 10% behind the other two at T11 gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Yeah the reason for this is quite simple, as stated above, AOE =/= DPS.

Howling Blast is incredibly strong and skyrockets Frost's DPS. In a dungeon trash setting, Howling Blast 3+ mobs is going to give you a lot better DPS.
    I was talking about single target boss fights. Against trash I was getting anywhere from 15-25k dps depending on how many the tank pulled. Even died a couple of times because I pulled too much aggro

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    The way it is currently on beta at 85 is Frost DW >= Unholy >>>>> Frost 2 handed. Its close to 10% behind the other two at T11 gear levels.
    Good to know.. thanks. I'll try to acquire a 2h'er and some good 1h'ers early on so I can play whatever blizz decides to make better for that particular month

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrexn View Post
    I have tried out on my Death Knight with both 2 1handed weapons and 1 2handed weapon, and I got to say its not that big of a diffrence, since I did 12-13k with 2 1 handed weapons (Main hand: 1 handed axe Gunship hc 10man, Off hand: 1 handed axe Gunship 25man normal) and between 10-11k with 1 2 handed weapon (2handed axe from Saurang 10man) on LK 10man, but then again I would say that go for what you think is the best and work it out, but personally I would and still will go with 2 1 handed weapons.
    Why are you using a fast offhand?
    Last edited by Foibles; 2010-11-17 at 06:44 AM. Reason: >.<

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Why are you using a slow offhand?
    I think you ment, why AREN'T you using a slow offhand?
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

as DW frost you only want to use slow weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    I think you ment, why AREN'T you using a slow offhand?
    Sometimes I don't read what I write >.<

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.