Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's ... a stupid ... achievement! What you gonna do after your 2 minutes of fame? Keep spamming it around all day long, every day for years? You'll have plenty of friends.
    Anyone who links that achievement to me is like "... care?".

I absolutly don't understand what people are crying about these days about the realm first achievements. It's stupid.

I have to agree with the OP somewhat. Not for the reasons of realmfirst or whatnot. But for me the fun part of raiding has always been the synergy of players in a larger raid. Yes, I am one of those guys that actually liked the 40 man raids. Besides the fact that 10 man up to now has been easier than the 25 mans with very few encounters as exceptions. 10 mans for me is just so boring, boring boring. You spend you time in instances and zones that are clearly designed for more players and it feels like meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    10 man are boring, has nothing to do with my hate for them, stop taking what i said out of context, and this isn't a 25 vs 10 debate

this is about how 10 mans will jew server firsts by logging as the servers are up.
    Because any worthy server first will be done 10 hours since the servers are up, right?
    I mean.. if you consider lich king 10 man normal a real "server first", then I don't think your level of raiding is high enough to compete for serious server firsts anyway.

Any heroic server firsts will take weeks to be completed, and if a 10 man group will be able to log on slightly earlier, this won't get them a higher chance to get a month long of raiding server first.

Only downside I see of shared 10/25 man achievements is the fact they share the same lockout so you can't do both

o.o Yes, because a level 80 ten man guild will be online to raid level 85 content as soon as the servers come up to "steal" server firsts from twenty-five man guilds. Darn those level 80 ten man guilds. Darn them.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

maybe there will be different titles for 10 and 25.
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    In Wrath 10 mans could be either completely horrible OR they could be shit storm OP faceroll. Due to the diversity of the buffs and the reliance of most classes upon the buffs and debuffs of another it was possible to stack a group to be very over powered. Back before the shared lockouts of 4.0.1 I used to sell Bane titles twice a week and we would clear up to LK in about 45min - 1h. Solo Healing all but frostwing and LK and solo tanking where possible.

With the homogenized buffs and "same difficulty" of ten man compared to 25 man in Cata it is likely that aside from being easier to put together, a 25 man raid would have an advantage in that they would get a larger amount of gear drops per player than 10 man and in 25 if one person screws up it is not always as fatal as in 10 man. I mean 1/10th of your raid being bad compared to 1/25th.

It's ... a stupid ... achievement! What you gonna do after your 2 minutes of fame? Keep spamming it around all day long, every day for years? You'll have plenty of friends.
    Anyone who links that achievement to me is like "... care?".

I absolutly don't understand what people are crying about these days about the realm first achievements. It's stupid.

I don't care that you don't care, this thread isn't for you so...shoo?

Deleted
    "10 man are boring, has nothing to do with my hate for them, stop taking what i said out of context, and this isn't a 25 vs 10 debate

this is about how 10 mans will jew server firsts by logging as the servers are up."

first line, thats your opinion sir.

second line, i would love to know in what reference ever, "jew" can relate to getting a server first, please enlighten me, and yes, i realy did just make an account to reply to that comment.
    Last edited by mmoc9b8f4626a4; 2010-11-17 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    with 25's you have to have a schedule of sorts and you can't deviate it from it much
    10 mans you can just ring people up at 5am and be like "we're raiding"
    HAHA, if my raid leader did this then I would leave the guild and get my phone company to block his number XD

HAHA, if my raid leader did this then I would leave the guild and get my phone company to block his number XD
    Server firsts man, you got a sacrifice a little in the short term :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 09:55 AM ----------

second line, i would love to know in what reference ever, "jew" can relate to getting a server first, please enlighten me, and yes, i realy did just make an account to reply that comment.

Unfair advantage, jew can be replaced by alot of words but yeah i can understand people not liking that ,too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentshank View Post
    maybe there will be different titles for 10 and 25.
    They have explicitly said that the achievements will be the same regardless of the size raid you are in. 10 and 25 will have the same achievements.

Deleted
    Yes because a server first is worth losing sleep over....

more on topic, I think that 25 man will still be deemed more prestigious anyway and its not like you wont be able to tell. I'm sure the WoW community will still see the difference

@shottyshot

Of course all that has merit but this comes down to the basic issue of 10 mans having such a headstart in terms of time.

Deleted
    what headstart, you think all the 10man guilds will have a leveling advantage over the 25man guilds on their way to 85?

Or did you just this moment, while reading this, realise that you had totaly forgotten about the fact that theres 5 levels to get before you hit that raid for your precious server first.

the first reset is normal modes, next week is heroic modes, 10 mans will be ready waiting for the servers coming up, i didn't just "forget" something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    Yes because a server first is worth losing sleep over....

and funny thing is, for some people, it is. people take days off work, etc to get server firsts and getting up at 5am is really nothing, although i doubt servers would come up so early unless you're an Ausi or something. anyway, 10 mans certainly have the advantage of being easier to set up, especially now the number of buffs/debuffs has been drastically reduced.

25s don't seem to have anything going for them when it comes to racing for server firsts compared to 10s, at least on normal, but maybe the advantage in 25s lies in the hard modes where it's not so crucial to lose 1 person and you have more flexibility with how many tanks and healers you can use. there just better be a server first hard mode achievement as well.

Deleted
    i actualy think you have forgotten the 24 other people you want so badly to get this server first with.
    if your guild wants the server first, they have to put the effort into it, if they are not dedicated enough to all be online and ready for it, then thats "too bad"

your complaining here not because 10 man will have a time advantage (because no matter what clock you use, they wont) your complaining becuase you, from the looks of it, dont have 24 other people willing to put the effort in to get the server first, which is a different ball game completely.

Deleted
    If a serious 25 man guild want to go for realm firsts - why can't they all organise to be online at server start and compete with 10 man guilds? Surely that just comes down to how much people in that guild want realm first. Yes, 25 man will be more organisation to get everyone levelled, online, and ready - but for each individual the commitment is the same as a 10 man, so all you need is a large guild that's recruiting people who specifically want to do 25s.

On my server at least, all 10 man heroic server firsts were done by people in 25 man gear. LK 10 Hc server first was downed by a guild in almost full 277 gear. How was that fair that 10 man guilds would struggle to compete for 10 man achievs, vs 25 man guilds with superior gear? On my server, 25 man guilds in 25 man gear got BOTH heroic realm firsts both in 10/25 ToGC and LK HC, which was hardly "fair" either. So I guess I'm saying.. neither system is perfect and neither system is fair to the other tier.

So I agree, 25 man guilds will be at a disadvantage due to having to get 25 people online and focused as early as possible to compete with a 10 man guild for server first, but I don't think having one realm first is less fair than the previous system where 25s were at an advantage to get the 10 man heroic server firsts by going in 25 gear.

Deleted
    Tbh you're more important in a 10m raid since you really have to do your job good. In a 25m, some people can afk and you can still make it. So I dont really care about 25/10, I dont mind raiding any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably in a few guilds, a handful of the top players will dump the rest to form a smaller guild with even better chances of grabbing server firsts. If you're one of the people being left behind, I guess you just didn't make the cut. I wouldn't make the cut and even if I could I wouldn't want to. Our guild will have a main 25-man team and a social 10-man team where I'll be checking out the new content in the time it takes us