Thread: Internet.

Internet.

Ok so i am currently with, iPrimus, whenever i have 2 people are on it, it puts min 2.1k ms on me WITH wowtunnels/reducethelag i was just wondering, if anyone is with a decent internet provider, good downloads, none of that peak and off peak crap, decent speed, and ability to run multiple computers, without chewing through my bandwith, too much, could be my router, but a new internet provider would be nice, i get alot of d/cs with primus

Deleted
    Where do you live?

Victoria, Australia.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your latency is fine (or at least much better) when nobody else is using the internet, then it would almost seem to me that you're having some sort of packet collision at the router. The first thing I would do is check for a firmware update for your router model. Other than that, if possible, you could try swapping in another router (from a friend or whatever, if the router isn't ISP provided) and see if the issue is alleviated. If the router is ISP provided or the other tests don't give positive results, I'd go directly to the ISP with the problem.

Aside from that, I can't help much in suggesting another ISP in your area.

im using a speedtouch and pretty sure it was supplied by the ISP

Deleted
    when you say you have 2 people on it, what is the other person doing?

What MB has your ISP provided you with?

I myself have 5MB Broadband, my brother plays wow and i use it for the Xbox whenever i'm a host it can shoot his MS very high and causes him to lag, when i'm not a host it's totally fine. (I will be upgrading my Internet as i can share more bandwith).

Maybe this may be a certain situation you're in hope it helps.

Well, they just go on IE for work stuff.. not like, movies, or music.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can try http://www.speedtest.net/ to test your broadband service.