Strength of Soul idea

When you heal a target with your Heal spell, the duration of the weakened soul debuff on the target is reduced by 2/4 sec, and when you cast Power Word: Shield on a target with your Renew active, the critical effect chance of the next tick of that Renew is increased by 35/70%.

That addition would make Renew a better tank healing tool and make you actually want to shield tanks as often as possible. It would make it slightly more useful to roll Renews and shields on more than one tank too, which is a good thing since Grace really messes with your ability to help out on a second tank. It would also make mastery slightly better for the more or less guaranteed Divine Aegis, and would make PW:S a little better as an oh-snap ability for a tank or anyone else that has a Renew up - shield him and you'll get a critting Renew tick in addition to the Borrowed Soul buff.

You could add the same effect to another talent if you want to keep Strength of Soul optional (it would still make Strength of Soul stronger) - Renewed Hope would fit well for example. That would probably be a neater design actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    When you heal a target with your Heal spell, the duration of the weakened soul debuff on the target is reduced by 2/4 sec, and when you cast Power Word: Shield on a target with your Renew active, the critical effect chance of the next tick of that Renew is increased by 35/70%.

That addition would make Renew a better tank healing tool and make you actually want to shield tanks as often as possible. It would make it slightly more useful to roll Renews and shields on more than one tank too, which is a good thing since Grace really messes with your ability to help out on a second tank. It would also make mastery slightly better for the more or less guaranteed Divine Aegis, and would make PW:S a little better as an oh-snap ability for a tank or anyone else that has a Renew up - shield him and you'll get a critting Renew tick in addition to the Borrowed Soul buff.

You could add the same effect to another talent if you want to keep Strength of Soul optional (it would still make Strength of Soul stronger) - Renewed Hope would fit well for example. That would probably be a neater design actually.
    I think is a nice idea (maybe too much Op, i think is better 25/50%)

Much too weak to make the talent worthwhile. Even if it was 100% crit it would still be really, really weak. Strength of Soul really needs to be merged with Train of Thought into a single talent and Strength of Soul replaced by something worthwhile.

Renew is rubbish on beta. Would still be rubbish even with this.

Deleted
    better than now anyway

If casting renew doesn't have any kind of sweetness, it should get refreshed when you cast PW:S on the target that has renew. That's one of a few things they can do to renew. Renew on Weakened Soul targets should also have some benefit apart from the 10% crit (does that affect renew actually?). Maybe renew can tick harder; or generate DA automatically if the target has Weakened Soul.

How I want to fix this is adding a bonus every time you cast PW:S on a target with Renew up. That'd make sense to me. To just make Renew heal more or proc DA automatically on people with Weakened Soul would just make Strength of Soul worse really. I like Strength of Soul - it just needs something that makes you want to shield a tank as often as possible, and if that fix also buffs Renew, then that's great. It should preferably stay mostly for tank healing too, and not become the way to do AoE healing.

Having shields actually refresh Renew is a bit awkward with the length of Renew and Weakened Soul I think, but something like adding 2 more ticks when you cast PW:S on a guy with Renew could work. It might be a little too easy to keep Renew up on a bit too many targets when you start doing this though, and that doesn't feel very discy.

I still think that getting some burst healing from the next Renew tick when you cast the shield would be a good idea. Perhaps my suggestion for it was a little weak, but it would certainly help.