Alchemy: Switch to Flash Spec or stay Xmute Spec come cata?

So right now I am xmute spec and I was wondering if I should switch to Flask spec come cata or just stay Xmute for money making purposes. Which one seems more viable with the early rush?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest going Elixir master, depending on your server economy of course. Most likely you will get more gold per day from the flasks. The mats for your transmute will be very expensive at the start and profit margin low.

*I think*

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am keeping transmute mastery to be honest, making more gems off procs and Truegold procs will make far more gold, plus having extra gems right off the hop that probably won't have a cool down to create will make it easier for me to gem my characters plus share them with the guild and still sell extra. I am not sure if there is a CD on making blue gems in Cataclysm or not though, if someone on the beta can confirm that for me, it would be great.

Didn't they say that they would remove "Speccs" in professions? Remove dragon/tribal from leatherworking, aswell as transmute/elixir from alch?
    Might be wrong tho...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing to me is being elixir master you can still transmute your gem/truegold per day you just miss a 20% of getting 1/2/3 extra wheras with the flasks given the quantity you are going to sell at the start and the procs not being limited to once a day you will make more gold that way.

I can try and math it out

@Toby John Kenobi

I'm really not sure... it does make sense to leave specs for some professions.
    Last edited by Verrayne; 2010-11-17 at 04:24 PM.

Didn't they say that they would remove "Speccs" in professions? Remove dragon/tribal from leatherworking, aswell as transmute/elixir from alch?
    Might be wrong tho...
    Blizz removed some of the specializations, but not all of them.

Tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Leatherworking do NOT have specs anymore.

Alchemy and Engineering still DO have specs.

Gems will have the 24hr cooldown still but the bars and stuff aren't supposed too. I've been thinking about this a lot lately too. A second profession as herb and train my alch with elixir spec or mining and go transmute spec. The thing is apparently pyrium bars will be one of those rare ores so it'll be expensive if you're buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    Might be wrong tho...
    I heard the same! but i just can't find any information about it. So yeah i was wonderring the same thing as the OP, but then i remember that they said they'd remove profession ''specs''... if anyone can find the info or can confirm this, please tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by sollinton View Post
    Blizz removed some of the specializations, but not all of them.

Tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Leatherworking do NOT have specs anymore.

Alchemy and Engineering still DO have specs.
    Strangely, on the beta my elixir speced Alch was proccing a few elixirs here and there, but I was really surprised to see that I -once- proced one extra potion.
    As to the original question, Xmute might be a little more valuable right away since the price of Truegold will likely be through the roof for awhile, once it settles down, it will probably be better to be elixir as people will be stocking up on raiding supplies for along time. Transmute may be worthwhile again once Epic gem cuts/transmutes are released

Deleted
    I think I'm going to stay transmutation mastery because although it ofc involves some auctioning it isn't a huge amount compared to flask and I'm am not really up for sitting and my comp for an hour, refreshing the AH trying to be another guy on my server at a bidding war. :/

It somewhat appears they have removed specializations on the beta. That or there is currently a bug, as my elixir specced Alch is definitely proccing on everything, elixirs, flasks, potions, items classified as "other" and transmutes.

I didn't track any specific numbers but it appeared to me I was proccing elixirs *more* than the others, at about the rate I expect them on live, with potions procs being a little more rare than I would normally expect, but still occuring.