Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree with this.

In fact, the Bone bow from Stratholme back in Vanilla used to sheath on your back, 'til they fixed it.

Srsly, suggest this on the forums, I doubt they'll give it a glance, but, I'd be down for showin' off my bows/guns/xbows more often. :P
    Mysteriously delicious, but with complexity beyond degree.
    "Our truths lie in the absence of expression."

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshy View Post
    Has Blizz ever though about having your ranged weapon on your characters back (instead of your melee weapons)? I can imagine Hunter's wanting to flash their awesome bow/gun instead.

After all, they are the hunters primary weapon, hence a key factor when distinguishing the class from others. Why not visualise it?
    May I also add that they should produce "hunter only shirts" which have different colors and styles of quiver attached to them for aesthetics.
    Similar to how the rocket pack shirt from ICC has rocket models on it....The quiver models already exist it would be as simple as attaching them to a shirt and sticking them on a ranged weapon vendor or tailor pattern or something.

Having the bow show on your back would be awesome. The quiver thing would be cool I guess but that'd be a lot more work creating the shirts then attaching a quiver in a position that wouldn't overlap the bows/guns.

Never saw the point in hunters having their melee weapons shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it almost always shows my quiver and my melee. They're at an almost perpendicular angle so its pretty cool looking.

It would take a LOT longer than everyone here is saying. They'd basically have to edit every single weapon ranged weapon model and add attachment points on them, not to mention every model. Not to mention QAing all of them.

Melee weapons show because they're still a source of power for us, in my opinion.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

15+ Year Old Account
    On my Hunter I actually like having the massive flaming axe or polearm on my back.
    85 - Strongarm - Orc Hunter
    85 - Belligerence - Tauren Warrior
    85 - Thirdmage - Undead Mage
    85 - Jaedena - Human Mage
    80 - Deepstroke - BE Warlock
    80 - Assmasterson - BE Paladin
    80 - Stoic - Human Warrior
    80 - Abigayle - Gnome Mage

Deleted
    Sounds good, always been wondering why it wasnt like that from the start. Hope we will see changes in this, make hunters really feel like the awesome hunters they are!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am fairly certain, though this isn't a 'ranged weapon', that you can see Arthas's libram in CoT, on his hip. Including small things like that would make the game feel a little more personalized. It'd be nice for a pally to show their libram where an 'offhand' would normally sit on, say, a rogue. Or, in the interest of hunters, having the bow on the back. Or even still, priests/mages/locks having their wands show on their hips.
    Rathian - 85 Enh Shaman
    Cavatus - 85 Druid
    Barroth - 85 Prot Pally
    Basarios- 85 MM Hunter
    Yes, I play male tauren. No, I am not a guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve

Quote Originally Posted by grassidas View Post
    If you could edit 24 character models, with atleast 10 sets of animation each (walk/run/mount/sit/sleep/dance...) times 3 (bow/xbow/gun) in a "few hours" in a proffesional enviroment you are the man.

It doesn't work like (where A = melee weapon, insert B = ranged weapon), it isn't a matter of "some lines of code".
    You. Are incorrect.
    It is hands-down simpler than you are making it out to be.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you would think this would happen, some of those wands are pretty badass looking but you never get to see them in use.(atleast i hope i dont see them in use...)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like hiding my gun up my butt. Takin' it to the hoop!

Personally I think they should just get rid of ranged weapons all together and let my pole shoot out my arrows/bullets... that and no pets, floating axes and we can surf shields as mounts... oh if i worked at blizzard the hunter population would love me...

I support this motion.

Totally totally 110% agree with this. They only need to make a few more goddamn pixels and the game would be a lot easier on the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    This would be very nice indeed and I don't think it would take more than twenty minutes of Blizzard's time. Hell, I don't see why we can't display both melee and ranged weapons at the same time just have them criss-cross like warrior 2handers do.
    This is what I'd like to see. It would make no more sense to see a bow strapped across our back while our 8 ft long staff is somehow magically hidden than the current model of somehow magically hiding our giant bows.

And in regards to the "how hard would the coding be" argument, none of the animations would need to be modified. The ranged weapon models, however, would be. All of them. And there's a LOT. Each one would need a new attach point added, because they weren't created with one, unlike all melee/shields. That would be the time consuming part, the coding to actually then enable them to display would be quick and easy.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Each one would need a new attach point added.
    I'm not an expert in coding or programming by any means (like, all I know is BCC code.) but I'm fairly sure the ranged models already have attachment points. I do believe you can have your ranged weapon sitting on your back. Though this may be my imagination, it's been a loong time since I last played my hunter.

Frankly this idea is brilliant, and its stupid for it not to be in the game. WTB BLUE POST ON THIS TOPIC.